web analytics



Andy Carroll Still Has That Thunder About Him



Steve Bruce has always said that Andy Carroll has matured well from the young lad that left us back in January 2011 for Liverpool for a £35M fee.

But you cannot just keep a player because of maturity and experience, that and while Andy has looked a good player for Newcastle when he’s on the field, he hasn’t played enough.

He’s played 16 times with 5 assists but no goals.

But he’ll be with us next season, and again the challenge of the medical staff will be to keep him fit.

When he is fit, and on song, he often looks unplayable.

And he’s an experienced Premier League player now and set up Dwight Gayle’s goal on Wednesday night in the 1-1 draw with Aston Villa.

We were pleased he got a one-year extension, and Steve Bruce today has pointed out that the 31-year-old still has that hunger in him.

This is what Bruce has said today about Andy (shown above) as reported in the Shields Gazette:

“We saw the influence the other night.”

“If he can keep himself right, he’s an addition to any Premier League team. He gives you something different.”

“He comes on and makes a goal. Also in the dressing room, he’s not the young Andy Carroll any more.”

“He still knocked on my door the other day wanting to know why he’s not in the XI.”

“I was quietly pleased that he still had that thunder about him.”

Maybe Andy will get a start against Manchester City in the FA Cup quarter-finals at home on Sunday night?

Comments welcome.

 

 

 


52 comments so far

  • geordietom

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:15 AM

    Comment #41

    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-takeover-receives-boost-government-22256360

    if the takeover isn’t real why would the government come out and say the wont intervene? as it says in the article above …

    4
  • VICKIDINO

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:15 AM

    Comment #42
  • Jib

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM

    Comment #43

    lesh
    so what ? could be applied to your every post.
    😀
    Ha ha ha

    6
  • Mattroge

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM

    Comment #44

    If this bid wasn’t real or had collapsed then Mike would be hawking it to other bidders. The Mauriss link is quite frankly bullsh** but Henry Winter has said there’s another serious American party interested and they have the money.

    0
  • Mund

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM

    Comment #45

    not even the government acknowledging it will convince him what does that say?

    2
  • Kevin Vegan

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM

    Comment #47

    GT

    Government won’t intervene because it’s not their place to do so. The PL is self-governing, so provided they aren’t breaking any laws (which they aren’t: the Saudis have plenty of other investments in the UK) then the government has no place in this decision anyway. So of course they won’t block it. They can’t unless they can prove a crime has been committed.

    1
  • lesh

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM

    Comment #48

    There have been suggestions of the establishment of a super league involving the workd’s so called top clubs.

    Could Saudi have hosting such a league be a possibility and something which the EPL would see as a threat?

    Just a thought

    3
  • WLtoon

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:20 AM

    Comment #49

    Like i said, everyone has different opinions about the takeover, and depending how you look at it can sway your beliefs on whether it will or won`t happen.
    The Reubens could of bought the club on their own but they appear not to want a large stake in the deal, its a pity, bcos they would of flew through the O&Ds test.

    2
  • Kevin Vegan

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM

    Comment #51

    Mattroge

    When has he ever done that with previous
    takeovers? He’s always claimed he is serious about selling the club, but he never announces when the rumours are fake, which we now know many of them have been. He’s happy to keep us believing because he doesn’t want to sell a profitable club. Pretending to sell is a way of keeping angry fans on side. He’s been doing it for years. I genuinely thought for a while that this time was different, but I’m now pretty sure that the only difference is that this time, more people have been sucked in. I really, really do hope I’m wrong though. But if not, let’s all learn our lesson and stop giving MA the profits he craves so he actually has a reason to sell.

    1
  • Dondatta13

    Jun 26, 2020 at 11:25 AM

    Comment #52

    Hi Kev…

    No I think the delay has been down to the complexities of the 3 pronged ownership, the piracy issue and other outside influences. Project restart also helped delay things also.

    However I think since the football restarted, the Premier League may have just decided to get their Champions be crowned and get the plaudits and spotlight.

    1


You must log in to post a comment.