web analytics

Report – Newcastle To Make First Summer Signing

Back in April, there were reports that Newcastle were lining up local lad Mark Gillespie as a free agent this summer.

The 28-year-old had become a free agent are leaving Scottish Premiership side Motherwell. He joined them as a free agent from Walsall in 2018.

Gillespie is a Carlisle Academy product but was born in Newcastle. His move to his hometown club had been in the works before the coronavirus and Newcastle’s takeover threw it into doubt.

However, Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie is reporting that the goalkeeper has agreed to join Newcastle on a three-year deal. He will replace Rob Elliot, who will depart Newcastle after nine years at the club on June 30th.

This has to be a dream move for Mark. Though he will find it a challenge to get much playing time with Martin Dubravka the clear number one at the moment.

However, if this report is accurate, then we are thrilled that Newcastle have added another Geordie to the ranks.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City In FA Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:02 PM

Wltoon advice mate, he’s taken the mick.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:03 PM

For the record I would trust the legal version ( red rose Michelle) ahead of Keiran Maguire who has always been self publicising and a Liverpool fan to boot

• GhostToon

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Definitely the takeover that keeps on giving lol

• Jib

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Neil Warnock managing his 18th club
    No matter what you think of him
    That’s pretty cool

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:04 PM

Probably got his mates watching him, he saying this is how you treat thick geordies.

• WLtoon

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:04 PM

Northumbrian@473,

Well at least you enjoyed the Port, shame about the hangover. Maybe try just a couple of glasses next time 🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:05 PM

WL toon

Take a look mate:

Compare what he says to what others are claiming. He doesn’t deny the link, but he makes it very clear that it is “guesswork” at this point.

He also only claims there may have been a £13m deposit for some unknown purpose, where subsequent claims have repeatedly been made of a £17m deposit to buy our club.

We are being lied to.

• Munster Mag

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Kevin, you’re beyong help in the “look at me” stakes. I presume that even if the takeover fails and a comment is made by one of the parties, you won’t give it credence because they didn’t tell you personally?

I find your scepticism self serving in a major way, and quite frankly, a bit cringy.

• Northumbrian

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:08 PM

WL drinking with that lot is mental the stewardess ordered 5 cases in just for that night, cost price like just for the lads.

• Northumbrian

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Maguire again a journo rehash of what GP put up.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Dave D1000…from way back
    Full name Ipswich Town Football Club
    Nickname(s) The Blues, The Tractor Boys
    Short name Ipswich
    Founded 1878
    Ground Portman Road
    I used to work with a Norwich fan – calling them tractor boys is like southerners calling us Mackems

• TyneMouth

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:25 PM

I’ve been reading this blog for many years, and occasionally I’ve posted a comment.

I was born in Wallsend, over 77 years ago. I left Tyneside in 1963, initially to London.

My Father took me to SJP when I was seven, l saw the cup final teams of the early 1950s. My Dad went to all three finals, he promised me that when I was ‘a little older’ he would take me to Wembley, I’m sure he meant it.

I had to wait another 19 years until I had the pleasure of inviting my Dad to Wembley to watch Newcastle thrash Keegan’s Liverpool!
    (well that’s what Malcolm Mc promised)

There is a very slim chance that the lads could make back to Wembley next month, without! our fans, life can be cruel sometimes

• Mund