web analytics

He’s Carried Injuries In Previous Seasons – He’s A Very Good Player For Us

When you a manager, you often get what you expect from a player or employee.

So if you don’t think they are very good, that’s what you get.

On the other hand, if you really rate a player they usually start playing well.

And that seems to be what happened with Jonjo Shelvey under the guidance of Newcastle manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce has always rated Shelvey and Jonjo has played well for Newcastle this season.

It seems that Jonjo has a slight injury at the moment, so he may not start tonight against Manchester City in the FA Cup quarter-final.

This is what Steve Bruce said about the midfielder (shown above) in the Chronicle today:

“He scored the equalizer against Man City.”

“Jonjo is a very good footballer who has bought into everything we’ve tried to do.”

“Physically and the way he is, he has always had a natural football ability because that has come easy to him.”

“It’s the other side we have worked on him physically and mentally.”

“Jonjo has been a very good player for me.”

“Certainly this season he has been very good in general.”

“I only judge him on the performances he has put in for me.”

“I think he has carried an injury in previous times during previous seasons.”

“I don’t think that ever does you any favors and I think he’s learned that.”

“You have to be 100% right.” “Especially a game of this magnitude, against Man City.”

“The sports science is quite incredible now.” “We set him targets to go and hit and improve in training.”

“Jonjo is right up there. Physically he’s put himself in really good condition.”

“He has a bit of a niggle and we’ll see how he is but a fit and healthy Jonjo gives us a very good footballer.”

Shelvey recently signed a new contract that will keep him at the club for another three years.

But if we get new owners, it’s not clear if Steve Bruce will be at Newcastle next season: that’s even if we do very well through the end of this season.

One-third of our fans think we will lose the game tonight.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City In FA Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM

@jib
    my monies on the Owls

• Moonraker15

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Off topic but I can’t wait for this takeover (and it has to be the PIF one) to happen and we start building to have a real top team.
    It’s funny how the bin dippers are being lauded as Klopp’s new dynasty when only last season the three everything at city and came up short.
    Let’s see how the dynasty gets on when they get some injuries to VVD and a few others!
    Ironically, city could’ve signed VVD but couldn’t pay the transfer fee cos of FFP; if they had they would be champions, so it is more about the money than anything else.
    If I sound bitter it’s because I am! Sorry but it’s nothing to how bitter I’ll be if the takeover is knocked back!

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:37 AM

archaeomag…

as i said your a twat your comment @32 insensitive . is this the real archaeo coming out twat …

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Lovem

I already answered that exact same question, comment #114 on the previois thread. I then asked you if you could prove that the paperwork was with the PL, and rather than answer me you just repeated the same question I had literally just answered.

So can you answer my question now? Do you have any proof that the paperwork is with the PL?

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:39 AM

KV

do you have any proof the paperwork is not with the premier league you parasite

• Bants

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Geordietomato,

Give owa being a pansy!

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:40 AM

tom

mate keep calm bud don’t let them wind you up

• captainmarvel

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:41 AM

Just imagine the damage it would do to the club if it gets knocked back..
    The Saudis would without doubt react, be it by appealing or taking the dumbwits to court..
    It’s already taken 8 weeks? How long would an appeal take? How long would it take to go to court and what would happen after?
    On a side issue, I do enjoy reading the blog but the vegan needs to be restricted to one post a week..A small one at that…

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:42 AM

GP

What I was saying is that they failed first time and had to submit a second bid via a different avenue. It wasn’t one single O+D test that caused the delay, it was two short ones with a delay in the middle while the details of the second bid were finalised.

• Jib

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:42 AM

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:43 AM

@tom
    You should change your avitar for a big metal sign:
    geordietom- sensitive-about-his-ma

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Mund

I asked first mate. What proof do any of you have that the PL are responsible for the delay? The positive claim being made is that the PL have the paperwork with them, so I am asking what evidence there is to support this positive claim.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:44 AM

. .I’m sure it can be arranged 😉

• Moonraker15

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Onmeedsun
    I’d go as far as to say we must play AC to have any chance of beating city tonight!
    We may as well leave Joelinton in the dressing room as he’s pathetic but I’d play AC and Gayle up top to cause havoc in city defence.
    We have good defenders but a big problem In midfield if Hayden is injured.
    This is a big test For Bruce because Rafa was able to get something out of these games through tactics but I don’t think Bruce has a clue apart from team spirit.
    Good luck lads, nothing to lose and we’re safe from relegation so go for it!

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Sorry Kev, that isnt what you said at all. You said it was the initial bid which was the issue for the delay, not the owners tests. thats literally what you wrote in your post. Read your own words below again..

“Southampton’s owners failed their initial bid for the club, so that’s what caused the delay as far as I can tell. Where did the idea that it was the O+D tests come from? Can you provide a link?”

“Where did the idea that it was the O + D tests come from?” – just to highlight that part again.

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:45 AM

A letter sent by a member of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) to the UK Government claims they will happily shut down any illegal piracy of Premier League football — if only someone had complained to the correct email address. (Mail on Sunday)

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:47 AM

so that dick slags me mam off and its ok …

• Northumbrian

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Tom,, article in the mag mate, pep says he could be missing 7 players.

• Swanny

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:48 AM

Kevin Vegan

I’ve heard your counter arguement and your logical reasonings that there’s no takeover, I don’t agree with your opinion, however I do respect your views.
    Why do you persists in debating the takeover, when it’s plainly apparent the majority of bloggers are desperately hoping the takeover is not only real but immenent.
    Respect is a two way street, to earn respect you must first give respect !
    Kevin try to be a bit more respectful and not argumentative mate.

Respect

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:48 AM

bants …

the only time you make a comment is about me , would you call me a pansy to my face dont think you would …

• Moonraker15

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:48 AM

Vegan
    Masters has acknowledged the takeover by saying there is no timescale for the approval decision!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM

geordietom,
    Do you want to build a snowman?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM

GP

Yes they failed in their initial bid because they didn’t pass the O+D test. This meant they had to delay while they worked on a second submission, so the delay was caused by the resubmission and not just a lengthy O+D test. So it was more to do with the fact that there were two bids with a long gap in between than the O+D test itself. I didn’t spell it out, but that was what I was getting at.

• Asi Fish

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Hope we win today…………..the blog atmosphere is negative at best. A loss could turn things toxic………..

• Munster Mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM

But Moon, how do we have proof Masters said that. Were you there? Did he write it, in his own blood??

🙂

• Novocastrian66

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Bruce’s statement this morning debunks my theory that the deal is dead I’m glad to say. It’s good that someone at the club has spoken about the PL’s lethargy.

• Northumbrian

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Tom,, that’s the one, for some reason this tablet won’t let me copy from one site to another.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:53 AM

Moonraker

What he said was “all takeovers are confidential so I can’t comment, but we are not working to any time frame” (or something similar). “We are not working to any time frame” could easily mean “we are not working on it at all because there is nothing to work on”. This confirms literally nothing.

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:53 AM

jail …

why have you got to jump on the band wagon , oh i forgot your a twat as well …

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:53 AM

Novo

didnt you hear? Bruce is lying to cover Ashley’s back..

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Geordietom

You’ve started something now – I’m on a deep dive over the blog history.
    Currently back in Feb 2007, it was a lot quieter back then, most of the posts were from the man himself ED the author (with a good few from son Neil)

Back then it was very easy to change your identity so anyone could be anyone at anytime.

There is evidence of only one person who kept their identity from then to now, but they have possibly moved address or changed ISP and now have a more modern ID.

All fascinatedly trivial, but better than listening to Vegwum spouting his bile

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:54 AM

northumbrian …

they’ve got 7 players out for tonight only thing is the have plenty cover for the missing players …

• Bants

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:55 AM

GT

Lighten up man.

Just Banter.

• Munster Mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Jail only someone as stupidly pedantic as you could talk to Kev and keep going, for years, back and forth.

So please, don’t give us your tuppence on it or the blog will die of boredom.

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Tackle from behind…

sorry mate it’ll be eating away at you know 😀

• The mighty wyn

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:56 AM

From previous thread
    Arch it was originally the popular side then new stand when it was built. If you see fairs cup photos there were trees at the back of the popular side
    Swanny you are right re the barriers. Was thinking of falling off concrete ones at FA cup semi at hillsborough

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Swanny,

I’m happy to respect others who respect me. You may not have noticed, but I often than people who I have had disagreements with when they haven’t got personal or aggressive. When people get aggy with me though, they lose my respect. I have tried to refrain from doing this with others, but I have been attacked from many sides here unnecessarily, and those responsible will not get my respect back until they show they deserve it.

I really appreciate what you are saying though and I will try to respect those who deserve it and hopefully earn some respect along the way, too.

• DONEGAL NUFC IRL

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Lot’s of fighting this morning.
    Let’s all get on it’s match day guy’s.

• IrishRob

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:57 AM

How can someone pass an o&d test if they fail in a bid to even start the process??