web analytics

He’s Carried Injuries In Previous Seasons – He’s A Very Good Player For Us

When you a manager, you often get what you expect from a player or employee.

So if you don’t think they are very good, that’s what you get.

On the other hand, if you really rate a player they usually start playing well.

And that seems to be what happened with Jonjo Shelvey under the guidance of Newcastle manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce has always rated Shelvey and Jonjo has played well for Newcastle this season.

It seems that Jonjo has a slight injury at the moment, so he may not start tonight against Manchester City in the FA Cup quarter-final.

This is what Steve Bruce said about the midfielder (shown above) in the Chronicle today:

“He scored the equalizer against Man City.”

“Jonjo is a very good footballer who has bought into everything we’ve tried to do.”

“Physically and the way he is, he has always had a natural football ability because that has come easy to him.”

“It’s the other side we have worked on him physically and mentally.”

“Jonjo has been a very good player for me.”

“Certainly this season he has been very good in general.”

“I only judge him on the performances he has put in for me.”

“I think he has carried an injury in previous times during previous seasons.”

“I don’t think that ever does you any favors and I think he’s learned that.”

“You have to be 100% right.” “Especially a game of this magnitude, against Man City.”

“The sports science is quite incredible now.” “We set him targets to go and hit and improve in training.”

“Jonjo is right up there. Physically he’s put himself in really good condition.”

“He has a bit of a niggle and we’ll see how he is but a fit and healthy Jonjo gives us a very good footballer.”

Shelvey recently signed a new contract that will keep him at the club for another three years.

But if we get new owners, it’s not clear if Steve Bruce will be at Newcastle next season: that’s even if we do very well through the end of this season.

One-third of our fans think we will lose the game tonight.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City In FA Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:58 AM

BANTS …

STFU …

• fairscup

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:58 AM

Piss off and have a Vegemite sandwich you WUM, you’re boring me to tears.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:59 AM

@tom
    ffs Nobody slagged anyone’s mum off m
    Dear Mr G Tom,
    I know it’s a very long time since you went to school, and much has changed in the English Language in the intervening years, but if you would care to examine the transcript of our correspondence, perhaps with the aid of one of your many and no doubt gifted grandchildren, I am confident that you presently ascertain that no aspersion was cast on your late mother. I had had no prior intelligence as to the nature of her football allegiances or her mortal soul, so I would not have ventured this imagined affront on the basis of a mere speculation.
    I am sir, yours very truly,
    Archaeomag.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Stay positive, pray for takeover

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM

KV,

As you analyse every word I am amazed you did not pick up on this when you quoted Masters…

“all takeovers are confidential so I can’t comment, but we are not working to any time frame”

If he WASN’T working on a takeover he would surely have said…

“but we DO not work to any time frame”

By saying…

“but we are not working to any time frame”

He has effectively confirmed that he IS working on the NUFC takeover.

• Munster Mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Kilkenny man, a fine and logical question.

No doubt you will get a verrrry long answer.

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:04 PM

If the Southampton deal took 2 months , the PL must of been pretty sharp in informing the buyer that they had blocked the initial attempt. yet here we are after 3 months and the PL still hav`nt blocked this takeover bid.
    If the PL were going to block it , they would of done it long before now, i have always kept that notion in my head.

The piracy issue is getting sorted behind the scenes, the Saudi,s putting all their little ducks in a row to keep the PL happy and it takes time, simple really.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:05 PM

Jiblets started all this shite about dead mothers when he accused me of saying something about his. I’d never said any such thing, a terrible accusation that even had Mund saying “oh, well I never knew he(JfA) had done that” without even scrolling back to see if I had or not.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:05 PM

Fairscuo

From my point of view, it’s much more boring having 50 comments from the same 5 or 6 people every thread trying to shut me up. At least I’m talking about something relevant, not just slagging people off which is all others seem to do.

What was the point in posting this? Is it not obvious yet that I don’t care and that this blog is for us all to share and not just a select few who make a lot of noise to dominate everyone else?

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:06 PM

and those responsible will not get my respect back until they show they deserve it.

Sanctimonious prick

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:08 PM

I beg your pardon Munter, did you say something

• fairscup

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:08 PM

Vegan – you just go on & on & on about the same thing, is someone paying you per post?

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:10 PM

me i’m sick of the the bullcrap in the papers , what do they know nothing . there’s been people on here made more sense than the click bait journo’s

• cleveleysbob

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:10 PM

Is it match day? – only wondering……

• Uri Geller (Complete Knacker)

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM

I might be a complete knacker, but at least I’m not a troll, nor do I respond to trolls.

Please take a leaf out of this complete knacker’s book, and don’t feed the troll.

I get heartily tired of seeing the same repetitive sh1t spread by the same people. Same rubbish regurgitated several times a day, in a slightly different way.

Don’t feed them and they’ll go away. They’re very sad people who crave attention. Any attention even if negative is good enough for them.

You all know who they are.

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM

jail …

so what your saying that its ok to call someone’s mother whether she’s dead of alive …

• Thump

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM

In lighter news, NUFC have release a free matchday programme.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM

Tense nervous headache take anodyne

• Lovem Hatem

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM

@ Kevin

Where is your proof that a takeover is not happening?

• cleveleysbob

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Oh ffs, leave it bloody well alone!!!

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:15 PM

@jib
    It’s never alright to call someone’s mother and we never would – isn’t that right and that’s why we wouldn’t

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:15 PM

kev …

you want to know the in’s and outs of a fart that’s your problem . i told/asked you to take a step back but you didn’t you just got worse imho…

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:21 PM

BSIB

When Masters explicitly states that he can’t comment, he means it. It is a confidential process and he won’t just let things slip like that. You are trying to infer something that isn’t actually stated anywhere.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:21 PM

geordietom,
    Where exactly did I say that?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:22 PM

GT

It’s almost like I get to make my own decisions mate… Imagine that!

• Moonraker15

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Munster @ 66
    Masters was interviewed on tv and I watched it. He was asked about the delay in the NUFC takeover and his answer was “there is no timescale for a decision” .
    So yes I watched the interview as did millions and that is proof enough for me but I understand you doubters who don’t want it to happen!
    Unfortunately for you, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN so get over it !

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Uri Geller,
    I was genuinely gutted when I found out you weren’t the real Uri Geller 🙁

• Swanny

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:23 PM

The Blog Poll is showing 33% believe that we’ll win the day, good onya fellas that’s the spirit !

I never win Tipping Competitions because I can never Tip against the Toon, never ever…….Monday mornings I’m filthy with them at times, but as the next game gets closer my optimism increases and I believe we’ve a chance to win.
    When I lived back home, if we lost an away game, I always felt guilty I wasn’t there, to support the lads.

Honesty Time……….I know I shouldn’t take offence, but I can’t help being angered when people slag the Toon off, even the debate wether the Takeovers real or not.
    Do I really believe we’ll beat City…….Aye we’ll beat em!

Respect

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:23 PM

Lovem

How many times do you need me to answer that question? That’s 3 times you have asked. I answered and asked a question of my own, which you have ignored. So where is your evidence that it IS happening?

• Thump

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:24 PM

@KV: Confidentiality only comes into play if there’s something to keep confidential, no? Otherwise he’d probably have said “What takeover?”

• Harrogate mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:24 PM

Message to the person who hid my roller trainers while I was in the ball pond……..grow up

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:25 PM

Moonraker

We all want it to happen mate. I will be ecstatic if it does. What I don’t want is for the club to get away with lying to the fans again. I for one have had enough.

• Moonraker15

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM

Some people on this blog appear to have found their “position of importance” in this world in contrast to some who may have that in “ the real world”
    They probably know who they are!
    🙂

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM

The 2 players i would like to see start tonight are Carroll and Hayden. For me , they are the men who can influence the game most.
    Hayden will be vital imo. If he is left out then i fear we will we steamrollered as there will be no one to break up City,s play an make their presence felt. Bentaleb is pants, if he plays tonight he will prove my point, hope i am wrong mind.
    Carroll is far more of a threat than Joe so i would prefer him up top.

• fairscup

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM

Vegan – are you sure you’re not from Chicago nee Dinnington?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM

Thump

It isn’t only confidential at the point that paperwork is submitted as far as I can tell. If they said “no comment” to one rumour but then said “we don’t have any paperwork” for another, the “no comment” would be taken as a comment in and of itself (as we have done here) so in my book, no comment should be taken as no comment. The only way to protect the validity of the NDA is to not talk about any rumours at all, whether they are real or not.

• DaveD1000

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM

Swanny

I am guilty of always voting Win. I vote for what I want to happen rather than what I think Will happen. 🙂

• Moonraker15

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM

Vegan
    The current regime does, and always will, lie to the fans.
    Why should they be any different until they’re gone?

• Uri Geller (Complete Knacker)

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:29 PM

JFA, One of these days eh.. we’ll get the real one :0) Or at least some minor celeb on here!

Actually forget celebs – Its actually folk like you and a few others who make this blog, not the trolls who spoil things from time to time. I know you don’t always see eye to eye with the like of Jib, though to be fair you do also exchange civil words as well.

One of these days it’ll get back to be more of a football blog. Maybe next season, with crowds back and new owners might help.

In which case any chance of a name change for you?