web analytics

He’s Carried Injuries In Previous Seasons – He’s A Very Good Player For Us

When you a manager, you often get what you expect from a player or employee.

So if you don’t think they are very good, that’s what you get.

On the other hand, if you really rate a player they usually start playing well.

And that seems to be what happened with Jonjo Shelvey under the guidance of Newcastle manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce has always rated Shelvey and Jonjo has played well for Newcastle this season.

It seems that Jonjo has a slight injury at the moment, so he may not start tonight against Manchester City in the FA Cup quarter-final.

This is what Steve Bruce said about the midfielder (shown above) in the Chronicle today:

“He scored the equalizer against Man City.”

“Jonjo is a very good footballer who has bought into everything we’ve tried to do.”

“Physically and the way he is, he has always had a natural football ability because that has come easy to him.”

“It’s the other side we have worked on him physically and mentally.”

“Jonjo has been a very good player for me.”

“Certainly this season he has been very good in general.”

“I only judge him on the performances he has put in for me.”

“I think he has carried an injury in previous times during previous seasons.”

“I don’t think that ever does you any favors and I think he’s learned that.”

“You have to be 100% right.” “Especially a game of this magnitude, against Man City.”

“The sports science is quite incredible now.” “We set him targets to go and hit and improve in training.”

“Jonjo is right up there. Physically he’s put himself in really good condition.”

“He has a bit of a niggle and we’ll see how he is but a fit and healthy Jonjo gives us a very good footballer.”

Shelvey recently signed a new contract that will keep him at the club for another three years.

But if we get new owners, it’s not clear if Steve Bruce will be at Newcastle next season: that’s even if we do very well through the end of this season.

One-third of our fans think we will lose the game tonight.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City In FA Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Uri Geller (Complete Knacker)

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:56 PM

JohnReese Good point. Maybe it was his head being turned at the start of the season. He was certainly being hyped as possibly the next big thing

• Rotonda heights

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM

I’ve enjoyed coming on here for years but I honestly can’t take much more of this guy. He’s on virtually every other comment and in every comment he’s arguing with someone different. Seems to be his raison d’etre. Light the touch paper and see how many people bite. He almost makes toon 22 bearable by comparison.

Frank Pingel

We can all speculate and guess and no harm in that. Tbf I do still like reading your positive titbits, even if it sadly hasn’t come to fruition.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Repeating the same thing over and over is not arguing

• IrishRob

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Wl you took that completely out of context with de Brune, he was actually very complimentary about us.

In saying that I fully believe he only said it to psych us out and try get in our heads.

• Lovem Hatem

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM

@Kevin

There is no concrete evidence the takeover is happening. There is no concrete evidence the takeover is not happening.
    So why are you asking about the take over?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Magicmac

Nicely put mate. From my point of view, I think I show most people a lot more respect than I am shown by others on here (take a look at what Jib, Hibbit and Mund post about me, for example) but I certainly don’t want to shut anyone down or cause issues. I’m trying my best to discuss things calmly and rationally wherever possible. Apologies if you haven’t appreciated my contribution.

• Swanny

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Kevin Vegan

Your as persistent as that flaming frog !

Twice I’ve asked the question, are you a Newcastle fan…..both times you’ve replied “yes”
    I maybe mistaken, but have you ever attended a Newcastle game ?

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:02 PM

@Swanny etc. etc.

What my former lover Kevin is doing is what we Gurus call
    “stealing your energy”

(He’s grief stricken that I’m not talking to him).

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM

If the PL are that concerned about piracy why are`nt they targeting this country, or any other country for that matter.
    The Saudi,s have been responsible for certain countries in the middle east and north Africa.
    I have watched footie streams for years and very few are arabic. The PL will never stop piracy, full stop.
    There is a simple solution to piracy, maybe Sky should stop ripping people,s eyes out by charging disgusting amounts of money for their product.
    They have had the monopoly on sport for years, well now maybe that is about to change. No sympathy for them at all.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM

Arch ya been found out..Kev don’t eat meat

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:06 PM

Lovem

I am asking about the takeover currently because that was what the article was about when I first posted this morning. It was directly on topic and this discussion evolved from that one.

Last question from me: if you agree that there is no concrete evidence for a takeover happening (which it appears you do), do you not also think it makes sense to assume that this is another lie like the last 10-15 “takeovers”? Why do you think Ashley wants to sell the club when it is making him £80m a year plus free advertising? Can you think of any other investment that would offer that kind of return? Ashley is not a newcastle fan, he is a businessman. His decisions are based on profit, not popularity or success.

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:06 PM

IrishRob,

I also think i misheard him m8. I should pay more attention.

• hibbit

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:07 PM

I nailed him from day ONE and you guy’s are feeding him , he’s a WUM no if’s or but’s he’s a WUM

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:07 PM

@Harrogate mag
    Straight to the knub there; the meat was always going to be a bone of contention.between us.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:08 PM

Swanny

No, never been to a game. Only been to the north-east twice, both during the summer break when there were no games on. Personally I won’t attend a game while Ashley is in charge as I do not want to feed his all-consuming desire to extract a profit from our club and its fans.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Each to there own daft lad

• Jib

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM

I doff my cap to hibbit
    He had Kevin Vegan bang to rights from virtually the first post.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM

WL toon

Spot on mate. The PL won’t get involved. There are whole international bodies and branches of government that are solely dedicated to piracy. They won’t be getting a footballing governing body to do the spade work for them. That just isn’t how it works.

• Swanny

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM

Archaeomag

Mate at times I feel sympathetic towards his blog persona, at other times I can’t shake the feeling he’s taking the proverbial.

Kevin’s very intelligent and by his own account is educated to Masters Degree in Journalism, maybe he’s profiling the bloggers and writing a thesis on NUFC web site contributors ?

Respect

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:11 PM

@swanny
    Don’t push the point – kevin does very well with his typing for someone with such a high degree of visual impairment.
    It’s amazing what modern science can do for these people.
    🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:13 PM

Hibbit

You claimed I was Tony Baloney mate and you hated on me from the start because you decided I was a hypocrite for working in a kitchen as a vegan. You didn’t “have me worked out from the start”, in fact you still haven’t worked me out mate. You just decided to hate me and you’ve spent the last month posting shit about me that I have ignored constantly. It’s you being the WUM here mate.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:14 PM

@ swanny
    Close m8 ~ but deeper, darker and way more interesting than than 😉

• The mighty wyn

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:15 PM

Jib
    I join you in the doff of the cap to hibbit. Well sussed

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:16 PM

Swanny

Since when does intelligence behave like Vegwum?

Must be counter intelligence

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:17 PM

JAIL …

knar not into snow men :D…

• fairscup

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:18 PM

Vegan – when does your kitchen open again?

• The mighty wyn

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:18 PM

First there’s no takeover then in the next post the premier League won’t get involved in piracy.
    Obviously not if there’s no takeover so make your mind up is there a prospective takeover or not.
    If there is then there’s no lie as yet by ashley

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:19 PM

Jib

Come off it mate, if we’re going to claim to have anyone “bang to rights” we need evidence. Where is the evidence that I am tony baloney like Hibbit says? Bang to rights is what toon22 has on you as he has actual evidence. You don’t even deny it. Hibbit has mindless accusations that I am Tony Baloney and zero evidence. So tell me… Who is bang to rights, Lee?

And while you’re answering, care to explain how an ex-taxi driver (as you claim to be) known more about financial documents than a lecturer of finance? You wriggled out of this one last night when I showed you that your analysis was not consistent with that of quakified professionals. So tell me, in what way do you think you know any better?

I can’t believe our club wastes its money on you mate. You’re terrible at your job.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:19 PM

@Kevegan

OMG – it’s the good old – “You claimed I was Tony Baloney ” riff
    @ED
    balls in the corner . . do ya thang man

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:19 PM

That,s why the Saudi,s are getting all their ducks in a row, acquiring shares in BT, shutting down BoutQ sources in their own country, buying the Bundesliga rights, putting Bein Sport box packages together for the citizens in Saudi who want to watch football and other sport legally.
    After all , what is the point of buying a club in the EPL if they can`t watch it their own country.
    All makes sense to me.

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:20 PM

just my mate here put amazon prime on me tv cost me nowt , now i can watch Picard and our game against watford …

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:20 PM

Fairscup

We’re opening up on the 10th of July for takeaways I think, but I am not planning on going back to work there as my boss wants all the staff in full self-isolation and I am just starting to get my life back. Why do you ask?

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:20 PM

. . . . . and nobody outside Atlanta gets the reference ?

• Jib

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM

archaeo
    You backed the right side
    The Owls are stuffing the Robins

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:22 PM

Rotonda Heights

Thanks – I still believe that this will go through

Premier league desperate for a fresh injection of money and another team spending money / competing at the top end

Government will also want it to go through –

how can you call the Saudi nation unfit to own a premier league club yet fit to do deals with the government ?

I still believe they are covering all angles to ensure that Qatar (feel like they have a partial win) ….Saudis get a win by passing the test Abbas the premier league get a win by cracking down on piracy / more money into the league and potentially future tv rights

• geordietom

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:22 PM

Vegan: Try this banana
    Meat eater: Taste good
    Vegan: It’s vegan
    Meat eater: I thought it tasted funny

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:23 PM

*and (spell check)
    Not Abbas

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:24 PM

Arsenal penna

• Jib

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:26 PM

KV
    I found it rather ironic that you used Kieran Maguire
    to support your argument about the takeover
    You can’t have read him much
    He constantly harps on about how NUFC is the model of
    a well run club from a finance point of view.
    You cannot make me angry as you so desperately try to do
    by accusing me of being what I’m not.
    Oh and folk in the NE don’t call everyone mate – you prong

• archaeomag