web analytics

Newcastle Easily Knocked Out Of FA Cup In 2-0 Defeat To Manchester City

Newcastle emerged from the break unchanged after a dismal 1-0 first half though Fabian Schar pushed forward into the midfield.

The change made a slight difference as Newcastle were able to keep the ball more and string together a few passes. The early improvement, however, didn’t produce much in the final third apart from a tempting Saint-Maximin cross that found no takers in the box.

Bruce countered a double Manchester City change in the 64th minute with one of his own. Off came Andy Carroll, who had just picked up a yellow, and Miguel Almiron for Joelinton and Dwight Gayle.

It should have paid immediate dividends as City lost possession deep in their end on a wayward pass from Nicolas Otamendi that fell to Allan Saint-Maximin. The Frenchman was able to find Dwight Gayle in the box, but the striker missed a tap in from 10 yards out and somehow put the ball over the crossbar.

As fate would have it, Manchester City made it 2-0 soon afterward through Raheem Sterling. The winger found the back of the net from the edge of the area after cutting inside from the left.

Bruce made a second double substitution in the 74th minute bringing Valentino Lazaro and DeAndre Yedlin on for Saint-Maximin and Danny Rose. Javier Manquillo moved to left wing-back with Yedlin coming in on the right.

The final change was Matty Longstaff coming on for Isaac Hayden just four minutes later as Steve Bruce seemed to be conserving some of his stars for Bournemouth on Wednesday.

The second goal killed the game especially coming so soon after the dreadful miss from Gayle. There was a slight improvement in the second half but this was a walk in the park for Manchester City this evening.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:55 PM

WL

Aye mate I just thought he might of saw a bit of sense and Lazaro looked lively so shame missed a chance for a player to impress and rest our most influential player

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:55 PM

Mund

Id love to be wrong
    Why wouldnt i ?

• IrishRob

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:56 PM

No mind I’m saying I’d dubs was playing the result would have been better. Are you saying Darlow is better than dubs??

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:57 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Loads of money in
    Nowt much spent
    Debt increasing

Yes hes spent every penny on the club

LOL

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:57 PM

I was saying you would love to be wrong and me right 22

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:57 PM

Harrogate Mag@258

Its true though, lets see how Bruce sets up on Wednesday. He should go for it, we have nothing lose really, we are kinda safe now.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:58 PM

Mund,
    I take it by that we normally don’t?

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:58 PM

Irishrob

No mate but keeping Dubs in the side would of done nothing to the result so pointless saying it just admit Darlow had a solid game which he did.

Admit you were wrong to give him so much shit as you did before game

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:59 PM

No Mund, you haven’t “left me alone”. You’ve been on my case constantly.

Comment #8 here you lay into me:

And agaun at #40

#75 here you insult me for out of the blue for no reason:

So how is that leaving me alone? I ignored it pretty much all day, as I do most of the time now.

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:00 PM

Lilongwe

We had a little bump in the road when it got all political on here. I respect what you said tonight tho.

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:01 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Might you explain where all the money went
    Its certainly not been spent on players, wages, youth setup,debt, facilities or any part of the club i can find
    You seem to think it has

On what bit of the club has the money been spent on ?

• The ledge

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:03 PM

I can remember us beating city as well under rafa with his boring tactics .

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:03 PM

The Ledge@259.

I agree about Bruce, i said the same as you in an earlier post. My point was that they play boring negative football and i want more exciting attacking football under new owners, so neither Bruce nor Rafa would be my choice.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:03 PM

Cheers for today guys..do sleep well and don’t have nightmares..all the best

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:04 PM

Kevin Vegan

If you havent noticed by now people, including Mund, have an agenda
    They wont admit it but its obvious after a few days

Mund seems to think the sales on, stay positive
    Lilongwe Geordie seems to think the turds spent every penny on the club
    JIB will post hes an expert at anything and defend the turd whatever it takes

See the pattern here ?

Its about controlling the narrative in an attempt at controlling the views of the fans, to string them along

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:05 PM

Dont forget to snap up those season tickets guys

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:06 PM

Mund,
    Ha, water under the bridge. I don’t mind discussing/disagreeing with other bloggers. If people can put forward a coherent argument for their opinion, then it is equally as valid as any opinion I have, provided I can also do the same.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:06 PM

Night Harrogate, some top jokes today mate keep it up!

• The ledge

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:07 PM

Wltoon me to but firstly I want to win something.
    I’m to young to have every seen us win anything .
    And even if you gave bruce a blank cheque book we still wouldn’t win nowt.

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:07 PM

Why do they post here ?
    This blog has an enormous amount of views / day
    The vast majority of people only ever read this
    They dont post

Its why its been a target since the turd decided to mug us off

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:09 PM

All it costs the turd is the wages of a few people
    They can muddy the waters and derail the fans anger
    Its worked for 12 years

• WLtoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:09 PM

Ledge,

I`m 56 and i hav`nt seen us win anything either lol.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:10 PM

22,
    What money are you talking about? We make a bigger profit than most clubs, amd the accounts reflect it. Despite Ashley impacting negatively on most revenue streams.

The money goes the same place most Prem clubs money goes. The idea Ashley is subsidising his other businesses with club income, while doing zero to improve the clubs income is (which he is also criticised for) just makes zero sense….

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:11 PM

I thought we were starting to get along mate

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:12 PM

Remember when the usual suspects tried to derail the protests
    Tried to stop people not going to the match ?
    To stop them walking out during the game ?

Its the last thing the turd wants, he gave away 10 k tickets to try and get around it

Funny how they want the same thing

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:13 PM

The Ledge and WL

I suppose you could argue that we won the champo twice but I’m not sure that’s one to boast about!

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:13 PM

Lilongwe

And isn’t it highly illegal?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:14 PM

22,
    Every penny on the club? I haven’t said that, and the club accounts say he hasn’t. I have said it to you before, you fabricate so many allegations that you cheapen any real anti Ashley argument. You have had him fake arrested more times than fakeovers.

There are so many valid arguments why Ashley has beem bad for the club, why he has destroyed the idea and heartbeat of what it was. Use those in your arguments. Give up on the stuff that isn’t real.

• toon22

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:14 PM

Mund

We are
    Im just stating on this blog youll find people who will defend the turd
    You might be a bad example, maybe you wont

Who knows

Lilongwe Geordie
    We dont spend money on players, 6 million net
    We dont pay big wages, one of the lowest in the prem
    We havent invested in anything long term

Im not a big shot accountant like JIB but ive got common sense

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:14 PM

Bus…

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:15 PM

I’ve never defended Ashley mate ever

• beefman13

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:15 PM

I wonder what our “prospective owners” thought of that shower of crap today, I have not ever seen a team do what we did defensively in any last 8 cup tie, EVER.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:17 PM

Mund,
    Which bit is highly illegal? Not holding a vendetta on the blog after a disagreement? Frowned upon, but not illegal.

• IrishRob

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:17 PM

Amit I’m wrong?? But I’m not wrong Darlow was the wrong choice and he certainly didn’t have a good game Dubs would have saved the second goal with ease. Dubs should have been playing I dont get what there is to discuss here.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:18 PM

Toon22

There’s a few on here that I’m suspicious of for that. Two of them you already mentioned. Not spoken to LG much so can’t comment on that one, seemed quite knowledgeable and inoffensive, but the other two have basically campaigned against me and tried to turn as many people against me as they can. I’ve seen a few people do it to you, too. It’s disgusting that the club would pay people to lie to us and insult us like that.

• IrishRob

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:19 PM

Whether he would have changed the outcome or not 8snt the point hes the better keeper and should have been playing. It was a stupid act of loyalty to got Darlow in the team and ultimately did us more harm than good.

• The ledge