web analytics

Newcastle vs. Manchester City – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team we predict Steve Bruce will select for today’s FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester City. It has 8 changes from the Aston Villa draw and is a mix of forced changes and rotation.

Newcastle could have up to seven Magpies unavailable this evening, with two confirmed out. Three players who played against Sheffield and Villa face late fitness tests in Matt Ritchie, Isaac Hayden, and Jonjo Shelvey.

The Longstaff brothers will be assessed after being unavailable this past week. If they are unavailable along with Shelvey and Hayden, Bruce could find himself short in midfield.

Manchester City are also sweating out a couple of late fitness tests and will not have Sergio Aguero available due to a knee injury.

Newcastle Injuries

Ciaran Clark – foot, Florian Lejeune – undisclosed, Matty Longstaff – thigh (late fitness test), Sean Longstaff – knock (late fitness test), Matt Ritchie – thigh (late fitness test), Isaac Hayden – knock (late fitness test), Jonjo Shelvey – knock (late fitness test)

strong>Manchester City Injuries

Sergio Aguero – knee, John Stones – ankle, Joao Cancelo – knock, Claudio Bravo – thigh (late fitness test), Phil Foden – thigh (late fitness test), Eric Garcia – concussion (late fitness test), Fernandinho – red card suspension

Our poll shows that our readers aren’t too confident of advancing to the semi-finals. About 2/3s of the voters think we’ll be knocked out of the FA Cup this evening.

The lads fought for an unlikely draw against City in November. However, it’s a pity this one will be played at an empty St James Park. But we expect they’ll be up for the occasion none the less.

Hopefully, they can get the result we’re all hoping for this evening.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester City In FA Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:59 PM

Last again

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:01 PM

@Ed
    Nice team – never happen

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:02 PM

Lesh

Just gone back in – and there you are back in early 2008.

There are 3 others that are still about these days, but I was relating to ones that had been on back then and are still around now, but with changed ID or name.

• Munster Mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:05 PM

What happened to Miggy? No miggy, no Hayden looks like a disaster waiting to happen

• Thump

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:05 PM

Bentaleb is suspended, Ed.

Going to be an interesting selection given the knocks, though.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:05 PM

@ED
    Despite all this debate ~ I see you’v not changed your mind in 17 hours
    (sat. 9.00pm local )
    U stick yo your guns ED

• Munster Mag

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:06 PM

Carroll could skittle a few of them if he gets service..

• Jib

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:06 PM

Rotonda heights
    Have I got this right:-

Lecturer in modern languages
    Lecturer in history
    Bank employee
    Satellite dish installer
    Taxi driver
    The first 2 are figments of Jails imagination
    Mr Tuff also threw in the SAS as well

but I worked in a bank
    then left to try various jobs abroad in various countries
    then tried taxiing to make ends meet when I returned and
    enjoyed it so much (and made so much money) that I bought
    my own hackney plate.
    If you find that has great comedy value comedians must pray
    for you as a member of the audience.

• AncientC

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:11 PM

Bruce may as well play Carroll, try something unorthodox. Anything but trying to out pass Man City with the ball on the deck. Guardiola will see Maximin coming after the last game against City — that doesn’t automatically mean he knows how to stop him though.

• phy

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Krafth at right back? No Miggy? No Dubravka? Should be playong the strongest team possible imho. The strong liklihood is we are safe in the league and beating Man City would be a huge confidence boost but a loss wouldnt detract as it is probably expected. Basically as much a no lose situation as a boss could hope for.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Kev Veg Mate

My brother has his own decorating company darn sarf.

I can put in a good word for you if you like.

Just pop your name and address on your reply and I’ll pass it on. Mate

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM

Jib // Jun 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Never Googled it

Didn’t have to cos , I know stuff , am well travelled , read a lot , and most importantly listen.

Just because a blogger explains something doesn’t mean he agrees with it.

I lecture on Modern European History , I could tell you stuff about the Einsatzgruppen in the Ukraine that would make your hair stand on end , that doesn’t mean I agree with genocide.

• lesh

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM

Tackle

Like you, I had a look and found this. I can’t access posts but Ed’s article shows just how much we’re experiencing dejavu – again!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM

Oh come on jib, it is quite funny, as referenced by so many people’s p–s taking comments.

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:18 PM

I thought going and doing that quick job would break the day up but it’s still bloody miles away till kick off

• Rotonda heights

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:18 PM

Jib

I guess when you fabricate so much, good chance it’s going to come back and bite you in the posteria.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:19 PM

Tackle From Behind

Where is he based? The south is quite a big place!

I already have something potentially lined up locally with a firm I subcontracted for in the past and they are aware of my back problems and are willing to work around me on that, which I doubt other firms would, but if that doesn’t come through I might ve interested. Very nice of you to offer though mate.

• jimiley

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:19 PM

There are no red flags thats why its only taken 14 weeks for no decision when it should take 4 for a decision.
    So where are we at?
    17 million paid as a deposit which is non refundable and contracts exchanged. Just waiting for the league to approve. 14 weeks.Then the rest of the 380 odd million gets paid on completion.
    Just like when you exchange contracts on a house.
    We have basically reached the stage of a house exchange of contracts.
    And what happens?
    The seller of the house (Mashers and Charmless) decide to buy and sell players and hand out new contracts immediately before the alleged sale goes through. Thats like the seller of the house altering the kitchen and bathroom immediatley before completion.
    Its all utter fantasy and bollix.
    A decision has been made but we have not been told.
    Mashers is staying and Charmless will get an extension.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:20 PM

Lesh

Well found, we do go round and round don’t we.
    That particular one would be ideal for Toon22’s arsenal.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:21 PM

Did I just read someone say playing Carroll and Gayle would cause “absolute havoc in their defence”?

Its Man City we’re playing FFS. Not Droylsdon FC.

• lesh

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:21 PM

Tackle

Yes, comments posted on the 2008 Blog @13, can be seen by tapping ‘Leave a comment).

Interesting to see that wums were around in 2008.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:22 PM

Kev – I think it was a thinly veiled threat about sending round the heavies.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:22 PM

Speaking of Arsenal (see what I did there)….

David Luiz is finished as a PL player, he’s just limped off.
    Had a really bad time the last 2 games he played too.

Time to call it a day before ridicule spoils anything good he ever did.
    (Sorry can’t find any examples)

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:22 PM

This may be something or it may be nothing but…

The registration of the website ‘nufc.co.uk’ was updated yesterday.

• lesh

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:23 PM

Tackle

Don’t waste your time looking for Jib, he’s used more alts than a stripper’s got knickers.

• jimiley

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:23 PM

Carroll and Gayle will be lucky to get a kick never mind cause havoc.
    Lets hope we try to beat them rather than not engage outside our box to keep the score down.
    That was a total embarrassment two years ago.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:24 PM

So Jibbers,
    Either you were fibbing then or fibbing now, and what was it you could tell us about the Einsatzgruppen?

• davetoon

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:24 PM

Last time we beat City, we played 5 at the back. What a day that was after conceding so early

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:24 PM

The website has been updated and as far as i can see, the only thing that couldve been changed is the registrant details.

The DNS hasnt changed, the name server appears the same so its got to be a change in owner of the website.

• Mund

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:26 PM

Frank

Good find and Caulkin was saying documents have been passed around over the weekend so could be something in it

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:27 PM

Aye Kev.

His HQ is based in Luton and he operates mainly in central London, mostly posh houses especially around Victoria where people have an obligation to paint the outside of their property every 5 years.
    He is also part of a group of companies that contracts all over the south west counties doing things like post offices, job centres etc you know government contracts.

• Frank pingles come sock

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:27 PM

Hope so !

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:27 PM

Pat

I know. I just thought I’d play along so he didn’t get the satisfaction of getting a rise out of me, which was clearly the intention.

• archaeomag

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:28 PM

@jimiley
    ” bollix.” m8
    Gayle ‘n’Carroll will get a knock getting off the metaphorical bus
    🙂

• DaveD1000

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:28 PM

I was spooling through a 2008 post there and had forgotten some of the nutters lost in the mists of time. I mostly had my lurkers hat on in those days iirc

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:29 PM

Lesh

Early doors the blog was all nicey nicey, it only took about a month before wum 1 appeared, then the floodgates opened.
    I saw one thread where a poster got into a ruck and so changed his name to a mockery of his assailant, said assailant then did the same and they carried on for about 20 posts – was very funny.

• Thump

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:32 PM

@Frank: I was going to suggest it was housekeeping, but it isn’t up for renewal until August 2022.

Excellent spot, mate

• jimiley

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:32 PM

Archaeomag
    Yes mate that last step off the coach has tweaked many a hamstring. Getting both off the bus without injury will take some doing. I recommend the pyhsio takes a couple of stretchers on the coach just to be sure.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:33 PM

DaveD1000

Great fun init.

Fun to see folk getting het up on transfers, managers and the like and to be able to move on to see what actually transpired.
    No one ever ate their humble pie though, just goes to show.

• Thump

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:33 PM

@Dave: Do you remember the Spurs fan that would come on here to try and wind us up? I want to say he went by “Charlie” or something, but bugger me was he a head blagger.

1 2 3 11