web analytics

Geordie Tops Our Poll As The Best Player in Man City Defeat

While it was a disappointing result and display against Manchester City, there were a few solid performances from some of the lads.

Danny Rose had another good game at left-back and has really done well since the league got back underway.

Allan Saint-Maximin rebounded from an underwhelming first half to create a few chances in the second. One of which should have been put into the back of the net by Dwight Gayle.

Karl Darlow was back in goal and put in another admiral performance in just his sixth appearance of the season. He had to be on his toes as City had the lion’s share of possession with most of it in the Newcastle end.

However, Newcastle’s top man, according to our readers, was Andy Carroll. The big Geordie has topped our poll as the best Magpie against Manchester City, with 28% of the votes. He edges out Darlow in second and Saint-Maximin in third.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Andy made his first start since the end of December. While he didn’t offer much of a threat on goal, he did to Man City defender Aymeric Laporte, who suffered the brunt of a few of Andy’s aerial duels and challenges.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola said the following about facing Andy Carroll on Sunday:

“Carroll is incredibly strong in the long balls. It’s not easy. I said to them if you want to fight and try to win, then win, but if you lose, they want the position. So the important thing was to contain him far away, outside of the 18-yard box. And we did it.”

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:26 PM

CH the Harrisons must be pulling their hair out a Few have walked away from the blog through the knacker. catch you later mate.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Legolas

It was dark mate. I was seeing someone at the time and living with her and she had a little boy aged 6. I was so worried for them both. Would never risk it again and would urge everyone to do the same with regards to personal info. There are some nasty people in the world.

• Jib

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:27 PM

Kevin you constantly get dates wrong and ignore stuff that spoils
    your argument it’s all clever stuff .
    Unfortunately there is also a lot of stuff goes sailing way over your head
    Anglo is amazed I don’t get madder
    It’s because it’s clear what your motivation is
    You will overstep the mark as sure as eggs are eggs and be sent spinning
    into the void by the admin eventually , which I’m sure will not be the first time.

• archaeomag

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:29 PM

@Kev
    #Tinny
    I a confident because people who judgment I trust are confident. (Not people who are going to let us know here or even on Twitter).
    This is not some local retail magnet, American fraudster, or Muammar al-Gaddafi, these are the real deal.
    Try getting in their way . . .

• Bladey

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Cannot be arsed to comment when the pensioners are arguing although I have warned you for yonks that JIBBERISH was a total pratt
    Think this blog would be better for it if he would just sod off
    Saying that if he did the blog would lose a few more the ones In his pocket like Rob leenio and the others who cannot comment without his say so HIS LIITLE CRAWLERS
    ASH OUT BRUCE OUT TAKEOVER YES PLEASE

• archaeomag

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM

~*@kev
    I wish I could type like U

• Just a fan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:31 PM

Can we not leave Kevin alone he’s not that bad.its like mass bullying on here .

• archaeomag

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:32 PM

@Bladey
    I am insulted you have not insulted me – you mother was a mackem m8

• geordietom

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:34 PM

vegan …

was the bloke who THREATENED you into BDSM , you should of took him up on his offer you might of enjoyed it …

• dougie

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Too many haters blogging these days.Mr Vegan may not be to everyone’s tastes but there’s a few on here that have said despicable things in the past and got away with it.(you know who they are)If the gentleman winds you up then just cease to engage and your blood pressure should return to a more manageable level.Peace out.(by the way I’m not a hippee)

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Just A Fan

Yes please 🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:40 PM

Jib

You managed to type a lot of words out there without actually addressing anything I said…

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:41 PM

Jib

Also what dates did I get wrong and what do you think I’m ingoring?

• King_Solano

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:43 PM

Petition to Premier league to make a decision on NUFC sale and approve the sale

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:47 PM

I wouldn’t bother Solano, it’s fat Ashleys way of collecting email addresses

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:48 PM

Mund

If I thought it would make a shred of difference mate I might be tempted but let’s face it, you won’t leave me alone even if I do prove myself right here, and it isn’t worth the risk for me. What happened on that other blog is entirely irrelevant. I only mentioned it in the first place because Hibbit said he had similar issues with Tony Baloney and I wanted to express my sympathy and my own relevant experiences.

That was a month ago now and for some reason people keep bringing it up. This kind of behaviour is what is ruining the blog.

• geordietom

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:51 PM

Hibbit didn’t say HE had similar issues with Tony Baloney the whole blog did …

• shaun83

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:52 PM

Take over petition – https://www.change.org/p/premier-league-to-make-a-decision-on-the-newcastle-utd-takeover-approvethesale

All, I’ve attached url for a petition set up to help add pressure on premier league to make a decision. I think there needs to be a real momentum of pressure now on the PL, this won’t achieve it on its own, but media; journos and pundits, fans, players, manager etc need to build that pressure and this may help form part of that wave

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:52 PM

Vegan

i don’t leave you alone? you said we were done 5+ times and then you slide into comments.

• toon22

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:53 PM

Jib

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:27 PM

Now that is something your an expert in

😉

• geordietom

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:54 PM

hibbit doesn’t take shit off people , ive been on here 2 or 3 years now and i cant remember a time when hibbit has took shit off tony baloney , hibbit got grief because of something he said regarding a previous takeover …

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:54 PM

i don’t trust you mate sorry but that’s your own down fall not mine i’ve never went on at anyone on the blog like you.

I do actually apologise to all readers how tedious this has become and i’ve been a part of it so i’m sorry for that.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:55 PM

GT

If that’s the case then I feel sorry for all of you if he was anything like the person I encountered. It’s not at all nice.

• #cans

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Jeez, just when you think the level of intellect on this blog can’t drop any lower we get another reason why mental health cuts have gone too far!

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:57 PM

kev a lot think you are baloney and you’ve just said if he was owt like the person you had confrontation with you feel sorry for us…. so do you not see what i mean?

• The mighty wyn

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:58 PM

Mund
    I think the blog has been killed off mate but not your fault. Hibbit just clocked it first.

• count

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:59 PM

Bunch of bullying w@nkz. Look at yourselves.
    Grown men acting like teenagers online bullying.

Pathetic.

• count

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:00 PM

Sad as fck

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:01 PM

TMW

I know mate but i’ve played my part and i’m sorry for that i can accept some responsibility and if i was on the other side i’d do my own head in lol

• archaeomag

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:01 PM

@shaun83
    Sorted ~ many of my identities and multiple personalities have signed up too
    🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Thanks count 🙂

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Just seen an ad for Tokyo Olympics, obviously cancelled for 2020, so they’ve rebranded

Tokyo 2020NE

clever

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Tackle

aye very clever that

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Well said Count

Now he’ll lick your hoop for a while, until he decides to disagree with you and you’ll get wound up and you’ll get reminded of your comment.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Gonna pinch that for my site – it’s very catchy

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Has anyone been suffering through the Palace v Burnley match? I guess this is how other fans feel when they watch us.

A draw would probably be the best result for us though, stops either from really pulling away from us.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Tackle

are you taking tom’s place to tickle me? lol

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:07 PM

NUFC 360
    @NUFC360
    Mike Ashley has told a delegation representing #nufc players that he wants to sell and has agreed a deal with Amanda Staveley, but the matter now lies with the Premier League. [Daily Mirror]

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:07 PM

i think Ayew is getting sent off here

• geordietom

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:07 PM

As Jack got out of the shower he said to his wife:
    “It’s just too hot to wear clothes today honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?”
    “Probably that I married you for your money.