web analytics

Geordie Tops Our Poll As The Best Player in Man City Defeat

While it was a disappointing result and display against Manchester City, there were a few solid performances from some of the lads.

Danny Rose had another good game at left-back and has really done well since the league got back underway.

Allan Saint-Maximin rebounded from an underwhelming first half to create a few chances in the second. One of which should have been put into the back of the net by Dwight Gayle.

Karl Darlow was back in goal and put in another admiral performance in just his sixth appearance of the season. He had to be on his toes as City had the lion’s share of possession with most of it in the Newcastle end.

However, Newcastle’s top man, according to our readers, was Andy Carroll. The big Geordie has topped our poll as the best Magpie against Manchester City, with 28% of the votes. He edges out Darlow in second and Saint-Maximin in third.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Andy made his first start since the end of December. While he didn’t offer much of a threat on goal, he did to Man City defender Aymeric Laporte, who suffered the brunt of a few of Andy’s aerial duels and challenges.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola said the following about facing Andy Carroll on Sunday:

“Carroll is incredibly strong in the long balls. It’s not easy. I said to them if you want to fight and try to win, then win, but if you lose, they want the position. So the important thing was to contain him far away, outside of the 18-yard box. And we did it.”

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:08 PM

wow lucky boy, Mitro got a 3 match ban for similar

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:08 PM

Police officer: “Can you identify yourself, sir?”

Driver pulls out his mirror and says: “Yes, it’s me.”

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:08 PM

scratch that tackle lol tom

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:09 PM

A husband and a wife sit at the table, having dinner. The woman drops a bit of tomato sauce on her white top. “Och, I look like a pig!”

The man nods, “And you dropped tomato sauce on your top!”

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:09 PM

Tesco have a special on…………Jack grealish collecting trolleys

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:09 PM

When my wife starts to sing I always go out and do some garden work so our neighbors can see there’s no domestic violence going on.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:10 PM

The Ashley camp are becoming more worried the longer the process takes, and fear the piracy issue will be difficult to unblock. #nufc [Daily Mirror]

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Accidental by Ayew apparently..

If VAR gives no red card, I assume the player can’t then be retroactively suspended? Can’t say I’ve seen anything about it.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Me and my wife decided that we don’t want to have children anymore. So anybody who wants one can leave us their phone number and address and we will bring you one.

hope i’ve lightend the mood a bit

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Just had an e-mail from screwfix….appears they are not a dating website

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:11 PM

mund …

saw that in the chron mate …

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Mund

I said if Baloney is anything like the person I had to deal with I feel sorry for you.

I didn’t say if he’s anything like me I feel sorry for you.

Did he threaten to set fire to anyone’s kids? Did he describe in detail how he’d like to cut you up and laugh at you as you die a slow and painful death? Did he try to track you down in real life to cause you harm? Did you ever get so worried for your own safety and that of your loved ones that you contacted the police and closed down the vast majority of your online presence for months? All over a minor disagreement for over which I had the backing of literally the entirety of respected acadmia in the relevant field? If not, mate, it really doesn’t compare.

• The mighty wyn

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:11 PM

GP but there is no takeover – didn’t you know.
    Hope these are genuine attempts to put pressure on the league to hurry up

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:12 PM

A wife complains to her husband: “Just look at that couple down the road, how lovely they are. He keeps holding her hand, kissing her, holding the door for her, why can’t you do the same?”
    “Are you mad? I barely know the woman!”

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:12 PM

“My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.”

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:12 PM

John Reese

Once a decision is passed through VAR and ref, that’s it end of.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:13 PM

Got arrested for having an indecent image on my phone. ..Was the wife’s passport photo

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Cheers Tackle, thought it would be but hadn’t seen anything for sure. Still leaves things open to interpretation though I suppose.

• beefman13

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Embarrassed our club to the world literally with that set up v city in the quarter final of the FA cup, ashamed, if we do get this takeover ???? I hope ASAP Mackem Bruce gets bollexed, I remember when Rafas team played v Man City and Shelvey passed it straight back to their keeper from the kick off, that was disgraceful, but putting everyone back behind the ball in a cup tie, dear God, we looked like mugs to the world.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Prince Andrew..Jimmy savile and Garry glitter go to?………..best not do that one

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:15 PM

JR

Exactly, did you see the Mitro elbow – ref missed, no VAR, so it went to tribunal and he got 3 match ban
    This one was more obvious IMO – but nothing – interpretation, makes a mockery of the rules

• jane

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:15 PM

“Has anyone been suffering through the Palace v Burnley match?”

i’m guess that’s a no then. me neither i just assumed it would be dull. would have to find it first.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Whenever my mate Dave starts stuttering, I always try and lighten the mood.
    By pretending to scratch invisible turntables.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Harrogate

@100

…hell?

• jane

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:16 PM

they are 10th and 11th on same points and similar goal difference.

• dougie

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Kevin Vegan,which characters in the DC universe came up the hardest.Im going for superman unless Wonder Woman managed to bite his bell end off.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Harrogate mag…

you left Rolf out mate 😀

• jane

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:18 PM

geordietom do you make your jokes up and can you remember them? i have laughed at some.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:18 PM

vegan

that is awful and no person should go through and i’m sorry for that i wouldn’t wish it on anyone

what did you do to drive someone that mad?

you don’t drive me mad enough to want to kill you i’d like to give you a slap 😉 but i wouldn’t kill you. You kinda explained earlier but surely it has to be more than that.

My point would be if you are winding people up that much on here in such a short time but you’ve just come from a blog when you got horrific threats and you’ve been compared to the baloney another argumentative fellow.

Do you not see what i’m getting at maybe it has something to do with yourself?

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:19 PM

Didn’t want to go that far tom

• jane

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:19 PM

i liked the one about the woman who had her handbag stolen be a vegan.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:19 PM

i can’t understand how Superman has sex with Lois Lane when he climax’s it must be like a shotgun going off….

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:20 PM

burnley winning … 1-0

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:20 PM

blow her bloody back off poor soul

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Harrogate…

glad you didn’t 😀

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:22 PM

Mund

The guy was just unhinged mate. There was nothing more to it than that. He threatened half a dozen others at least as well in entirely unconnected incidents so I am quite certain that I wasn’t the cause.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Dougie

That was a different user that had that disagreement but if I remember rightly it was superman vs somebody called darkseid (never heard of him/her/it myself). The guy mostly just had it in for cyclists though, and a bit of an issue with vegans too.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:25 PM

I’ve been offered a job cleaning mirrors.
    It’s something I could see myself doing.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:25 PM

kev it’s ok you still don’t see what i’m saying it’s ok and again sorry you had to go through that he was probably all talk a dirty troll but understand you can’t take risks

• Tackle from behind