web analytics

Report – Magpie’s Offer From Abroad Has Been Matched By Newcastle

There is a promising report in the Express today that cites Italian website TuttoUdinese’s claim that Newcastle have matched Udinese’s contract offer to Matty Longstaff.

According to the report, Udinese no longer have an interest in the 20-year-old due to Newcastle’s surging efforts to resign the local lad. We’re not quite sure why Udinese would suddenly drop their interest, but hopefully, the claim that Newcastle have upped their offer is accurate.

Newcastle appear to be moving forward with their summer business despite the pending takeover. You can’t really blame them as they don’t want to be left behind should the takeover get nixed by the Premier League.

Yesterday, Steve Bruce confirmed that local lad Mark Gillespie will be returning to Newcastle this summer. The goalkeeper was a free agent after a two-year spell in Scotland with Motherwell.

Last week it was announced that Andy Carroll and Javier Manquillo had signed extensions, with Javier’s being a new four-year contract. Both players were on contracts set to expire at the end of this campaign.

Hopefully, there’s something in this recent claim about Matty Longstaff. Steve Bruce has been pushing the midfielder to stay at Newcastle despite the interest from abroad.

This is what Bruce recently had to say about Matty’s situation:

“The ball is in Matty’s hands,” said Newcastle head coach Bruce.

“I’ve gone public with it; I think we’ve made him a wonderful offer and for me, it should be his way forward in his career.

“Being a Newcastle lad and having the season he’s just had, it’s his way forward.

“Of course we would all love him to stay but, as young as he is, it’s his prerogative.

“If players want to run down their contract there’s not much we can do as a club.

“We’ve done everything we possibly can. The rest is up to Matty, it’s for him to decide.”

If Matty does decide to stay a Magpie, then that’ll be three players sorted for next season. We’ll have the makings of a decent squad that can be significantly enhanced with three or four top signings this summer if this takeover gets approved once and for all.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• jane

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:39 PM

big match for Exeter tonight. league 2 play-off final at Wembley. Exeter v Northampton is usually Rugby.

• WLtoon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:40 PM

Kev V,

I think it is more about fans voicing their frustration than anything else. Nothing wrong with that .

• The Prince's Mate

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM

Hibbit@60…aahhh.. you could be right… DOH!

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM

aye nowt wrong with that

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Anglo

Uhuh so where did 41 miles come from? It’s a very specific figure and not the same as either of the other two you mentioned

• Jib

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:42 PM

If you want to take heart from previous rejections of bidders by the PL
    In the case of Southampton Gao Jisheng first tried in Jan 2017
    Four months later the PL rejected him in April 2017
    He appealed and was ultimately successful August 2017

• Jib

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:45 PM

Gao Jisheng was accepted after a compromise was thrashed out
    I think the PL learned from that fiasco and are working on a compromise now.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:45 PM

WL toon

On that we agree. A more sensible petition IMO would be one to have Ashley investigated for his employee rights records in the hope of having charges brought against him that would cause him to fall foul of the O+D restrictions. Existing owners can be subjected to retesting if there is good reason, so I’d be looking at it from that angle personally.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:46 PM

WL Toon

Sounds ominous, only another 5 months to go then.

That said, they did reach a decision after 3 months.
    It then took 5 months to appeal.

The positive is, they have not failed it with us – they are in talks with PiF via NUFC to work their way through the issues surrounding piracy, and Saudi are going all out to do what they can.

I said earlier, and others have echoed.
    If they turn down the Pif, everything goes back to how it was, but the piracy will be tenfold as PiF will encourage it.

It’ll happen, just take some time.

• WLtoon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:46 PM

Mund,

The saints got their takeover after an 8 month wait, at least they got a positive result, if i have to wait 8 months for the same outcome i would be chilled as fcuk, but its the uncertainty that its not a given, that is the pain in the ass.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:46 PM

Veg to Exeter which you denied was the place you live.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:46 PM

Jib doesn’t get caught with his pants down these days – he was officially excused trousers some time back.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:48 PM

Jane

I wonder if they’ll bring Jack Nowell in, he’d be a handful for defences with his strong tackles. A la Boris Johnson in that old charity match from years ago…

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:48 PM

Never leaves a stone unturned eh Anglo

• Toonarmy of Frogs

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:49 PM

You tube of Newcastle in 1987. Northumberland street still had traffic, I can just about remember double decker buses going up the street. Wouldve been 6 in 87. 1998 for a full pedestrian street sounds about right.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:49 PM

WL

agree completely mate and yea it’s the unknown and uncertainty especially having Ashley as our owner

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:50 PM

Anglo

You just said it was 37 miles direct or 46 miles by road. I am asking where the figure of 41 miles came from.

• WLtoon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:51 PM

Tackle,

That article now puts any doubts to bed for me. I agree when you say it has,nt been blocked, and after all this time.
    It`s the waiting game that is the bummer.
    Maybe we will get the chance to celebrate in the city after all.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:53 PM

And Anglo,

I don’t live in Exeter either mate haha but keep trying. There’s only about 500 settlements in Devon for you to go through. So far, we’ve ruled out Exeter and Plymouth. Next guess?

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:53 PM

Took a short cut through the forest.

• Moonraker15

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:53 PM

Reading how the Southampton takeover took 8 months for the PL to approve it, is both concerning and reassuring if that’s not double Dutch! Concerning because it’s a long time but reassuring because it appears the buyer had serious proven fraud issues and the source of finance was questionable, but the PL apparently bent over backwards to look for ways to allow the deal, rather than block it and eventually they approved it. Interestingly, the owner is now looking for an investor!
    Our deal looks relatively straightforward and I can’t see the weak PL blocking it as they appear to be cutting the PIF some slack!
    #cans

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:54 PM

VEG,
    Jun 29, 2020 at 4:37 PM
    GT
    If somebody tells me blatant lies to my face and tried to mislead me for their own, yes I would 100% definitely call them out to their face. Wouldn’t you?

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:54 PM

Moonraker

exactly mate now think why would they want to turn down the saudis? they wouldn’t

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:55 PM

WLtoon,
    We were talking about port at dinner time and the general consensus is that you can’t really drink it like wine and polish off a bottle, I fully intend to drink the whole bottle, any thoughts?

• Moonraker15

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:56 PM

Jib
    I hadn’t read your posts re Southampton but I see you’re on the same wavelength as me (for a pleasant change)!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:57 PM

I worked on Langage power station in Plymouth for about four months and didn’t see anything of Devon at all.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:58 PM

Anglo

Erm yeah why are you lying to me mate? I really don’t like the idea that you are trying to work out my whereabouts because of a disagreement on the blog. Would you mind cutting it out now? It’s creepy.

• Moonraker15

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:58 PM

Jail
    Port it strong stuff prepare for a headache! It is easy to knock back though!

• WLtoon

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:58 PM

It all boils down to money, like everything else. Money makes the world go round, and the PL are as corrupt as the rest of them, oh and by the way, they are skint 🙂

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:59 PM

WL

your coming round to my thinking now

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:59 PM

Jail

My uncle worked on that site too! Bristolian fella called Arthur who used to operate the cranes I think. Did you not have a nose around Dartmoor while you were there? I love it!

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM

WL Toon & Moonraker 15

As things stand, we are in limbo, we are a member of the permier league, governed by it’s rules and regs etc.

Surely, they should be on our side in all this, with guidance and assistance where required, that is their duty and obligation. They should come out and say, there will be a delay due to matters concerning XYZ
    Otherwise it will hurt the club directly.

What of we get to seasons end???
    What if the supporters decide, i’m not getting a season ticket cos I don’t even know what I’ll be watching.
    Yes, that would hurt the Slug, but also the club, team and us as supporters.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM

VEG
    Kevin Vegan
    Jun 26, 2020 at 3:46 PM
    If you ever come to SJP again Uri give me a shout mate, I only live a few minutes away. You can leave Michael Jackson behind this time though, and not sure about that David Blaine geezer either. Weird choice of mates if you ask me.

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM

Jail I think player valuations can go either way. Trying to point score on Bruce to boost your rafa feeling is a bit pathetic but as you are at it, has dup gone up? Maxi? Manq? Miggy? Lascelles? Schar? I’d suggest all have gone up. No doubt that’s Bruce’s fault. You can’t have it every way I’m afraid.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:01 PM

LIAR LIAR.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:01 PM

anglo

the case is adjourned

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:02 PM

pants on fire

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:02 PM

Anglo

“I only live a few minutes away” = I don’t live in Exeter mate. As I said, this is getting creepy.

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:02 PM

A bottle of port? I’d be in hospital. You might talk less bo11ocks so work away Jail

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:02 PM

Only one snake on this blog PRICK.