web analytics

Report – Magpie’s Offer From Abroad Has Been Matched By Newcastle

There is a promising report in the Express today that cites Italian website TuttoUdinese’s claim that Newcastle have matched Udinese’s contract offer to Matty Longstaff.

According to the report, Udinese no longer have an interest in the 20-year-old due to Newcastle’s surging efforts to resign the local lad. We’re not quite sure why Udinese would suddenly drop their interest, but hopefully, the claim that Newcastle have upped their offer is accurate.

Newcastle appear to be moving forward with their summer business despite the pending takeover. You can’t really blame them as they don’t want to be left behind should the takeover get nixed by the Premier League.

Yesterday, Steve Bruce confirmed that local lad Mark Gillespie will be returning to Newcastle this summer. The goalkeeper was a free agent after a two-year spell in Scotland with Motherwell.

Last week it was announced that Andy Carroll and Javier Manquillo had signed extensions, with Javier’s being a new four-year contract. Both players were on contracts set to expire at the end of this campaign.

Hopefully, there’s something in this recent claim about Matty Longstaff. Steve Bruce has been pushing the midfielder to stay at Newcastle despite the interest from abroad.

This is what Bruce recently had to say about Matty’s situation:

“The ball is in Matty’s hands,” said Newcastle head coach Bruce.

“I’ve gone public with it; I think we’ve made him a wonderful offer and for me, it should be his way forward in his career.

“Being a Newcastle lad and having the season he’s just had, it’s his way forward.

“Of course we would all love him to stay but, as young as he is, it’s his prerogative.

“If players want to run down their contract there’s not much we can do as a club.

“We’ve done everything we possibly can. The rest is up to Matty, it’s for him to decide.”

If Matty does decide to stay a Magpie, then that’ll be three players sorted for next season. We’ll have the makings of a decent squad that can be significantly enhanced with three or four top signings this summer if this takeover gets approved once and for all.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• archaeomag

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:51 PM

@Kev # 166

Kevin, mayhap you misunderstand my meaning, in this instance I was referring specifically to your knowledge of the takeover situation, an ignorance so profound and boundless it is only exceeded by the enthusiasm with which you seem determined share it with us all.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Jail

I didn’t have to mate. I put a few very vague details on about myself (mentioned what type of vehicle I had and that I was in the south west) and somebody put a lot of time into going through other profiles on social media with the same username as mine to work out who I am. They actually came worryingly close at one point and I was extremely concerned to the point that I contacted the police. Trust me mate, if you guve the wrong info to the wrong person it could very easily go very badly.

• Jib

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Kevin Vegan
    Archaeo
    Why shouldn’t people discuss what they know? Sharing knowledge is great.

and a fabulous opportunity to call people liars

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Jail, you’re a liar, so often. I said once, maybe twice that I had doubts about him ( cue Jail digging and searching). And so what if I change opinion? Are you that set in all your views? Probably. Man you are one sad sap, trying to win arguments. What an irritating pillock you must have been as a kid.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Archaeomag

I guess we’ll see mate. Why do you think I’m wrong?

• Northumbrian

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Tell me about it have been trying it during kV time so its been a lot lol.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:55 PM

You lot don’t feel sorry veg, this is him looking for sympathy, he’s not right in the head. Ignore.

• Munster Mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:56 PM

Kevin has it occurred to you to stop acting the eejit on blogs and then people won’t want to “find” you?

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:56 PM

kevin

question what did you do for someone to go to them great lengths to find you

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:56 PM

Jib

Only the ones that are clearly lying.

Why didn’t you mention that somebody was impersonating you 6 months ago Jib? Oh that’s right, they weren’t and it was all a lie…

• Legolas

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM

Kev,
    I’m with Jail. Surely you wouldn’t put on any specific info about where you live, so how would anybody be able to find it out.

• Northumbrian

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:00 PM

Quick everyone channel 4 right now Devon n Cornwall we might I d him.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:02 PM

Mund

I got those threats because I dared to suggest that livestock are sentient and capable of feeling pain, and then posted a link to the cambridge declaration of consciousness and a peer-reviewed meta-analysis of animal sentience studies, on a forum that is specifically designed to discuss the merits of vegan diets vs others.

The same user also threatened others with torture and desth for things like posting a video of somebody nearly getting run over while cycling (different forum) and having a disagreement about which character in the DC universe would beat up which other character.

If you are hinting that you think it was my own doing, I can assure you it was not. The side admins stepped in on our behalf and several of us notified police and other authorities.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:02 PM

This is funny

If you google what is a Kevin, here’s what you get.

A Kevin is someone who consistently or greatly shows a complete lack of intelligence through incompetence of social and societal norms, or is purposefully antagonistic in their poor decision making.

Sound like anyone you know from Newquay?

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:04 PM

kev can you show me proof?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Legolas

They used links from other sites where I used the same username, but I didn’t give my exact address. I genuinely think this was the only thing that stopped him coming for me.

• lesh