web analytics

Steve Bruce And Alan Shearer Seek An Answer On Takeover

As the Premier League enters another week of its owners’ and directors’ tests, it seems as though Newcastle are forging ahead with business as usual as best as they can.

Yesterday, Steve Bruce confirmed initial reports that former youth product Mark Gillespie has signed to battle goalkeeper Karl Darlow for the number two spot. Last week, it was also announced that Andy Carroll had signed a one-year extension, and Javier Manquillo had inked a new 4-year deal.

Newcastle cannot afford to be idle in the hopes the takeover is approved, and the new influx of cash will cover them being behind in their summer business. If it’s not approved, then the club could be in serious trouble going into next year.

So we’ve seen them make a few deals to keep things moving along, albeit at a tentative pace.

Steve Bruce was asked about the uncertainty surrounding Newcastle’s future after the FA Cup defeat last night. This is what he had to say as written in the Northern Echo:

“I think everybody needs a bit of clarity. I’m led to believe it is the Premier League that is stalling all of these negotiations, and if that is the case, they need to come and make a decision sooner rather than later. It’s not healthy for anybody.

“For me personally now, though, we’ve got another game on Wednesday (at Bournemouth), and we’ve given ourselves a wonderful opportunity. We can’t use what’s going on as an excuse, but we need a bit of clarity and for it to be put to bed one way or another.”

These are uncertain times for all Premier League clubs, and football clubs worldwide. But for Newcastle, the uncertainty is heightened with this takeover in limbo. There had been some hope that the Premier League was waiting for the WTO to publish their findings on Saudi piracy before making a decision.

It’s now been weeks since that report was issued and we’re still none the wiser as to what the outcome will be. Meanwhile, the Saudis have taken steps to atone for their complicity in broadcast piracy.

Maybe the league is using the takeover to get them to do even more than they’ve already done. Who knows. But whatever the reasoning, it’s putting Newcastle at a distinct disadvantage.

If this lingers much longer with the takeover ultimately blocked, that could have a devastating effect on Newcastle next season. They’ll be behind in their preparation and still have derelict owner Mike Ashley at the helm.

Alan Shearer also spoke about the lumbering takeover yesterday. He shares Bruce’s sentiment that something must happen sooner rather than later, or Newcastle could be left in the lurch.

“Something has to happen – good news or bad news – because Newcastle are in limbo, they can’t plan for next season. I think I would like to see it happen. It’s been going on for such a long time, they need an answer.”

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM

Thirst

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM

Might make a cuppa

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM

Bruce must be lying again hmmm

• cleveleysbob

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:47 AM

Missed bus, can’t be arsed, if you like, go back to previous, if you don’t, don’t care 😉

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:48 AM

Mund

You’re right, that was my first post of the day, and yet already you are jumping on my back…

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:49 AM

i’m making a point vegan your first post was argumentative

• toon22

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:49 AM

Mund

How many times has he said he’s selling us
    Vs
    How many time’s have we been sold

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:50 AM

So Vegan is Bruce lying again?

Has Shearer and Linekar have no clue either?

• Insh'Allah

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:50 AM

I’m still wondering where the proof is for ashLIE trousering £30m each and every year from us.

We like proof 😉

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:51 AM

Wow I did a google search to find my earliest post out of curiosity and look what I found way back in 2007! How I regret wanting Freddie Shepherd to hurry up and leave now! Lol what a disaster Mike AshLie has been.

Read the comments it’s hilarious. How wrong were we all! LOL

• cyprus

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:53 AM

Not much to say about the game.

Every single player had to be at his very best. Most, if not all, weren’t.

I could single out culprits, but the biggest ones (Schar, Gayle) hadn’t had match practice.

Regarding approach, I disagree (as I have in the past) but I get it. My approach would’ve been: Go for it man and take any loss on the chin. It’s a cup game, surprise them, don’t be afraid.

We tried to steal it, accepting the chasm in class. That can happen, it has happened in the past, but nine out of ten times it won’t.

A footballing and coaching lesson. The away fans seemed louder than ours ?.

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:54 AM

I think ashley or whoever has told bruce to talk about it to get it out that there getting fed up with the delays .
    The clib can’t come out and say it due to the nda but bruce can and his mate big Al has.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:56 AM

Ledge

Haven’t you heard Bruce is apparently lying for Ashley to keep the fakeover going and even more so Shearer and Linekar are now apparently employed by Ashley also to keep the lie going…..

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM

Jp I couldn’t wait for ashley taught we were going to be winning leagues the lot how wrong was I.

• Aces-of-Eights

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM

Has Bruce been sacked yet?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM

Insh’allah

From what I can see he took £33m 2 seasons ago and £13m last season, not sure about this year.

To be honest, that was more of a footnote to the point I was making anyway, which is that MA does not run our club to win things. He just wants a successful business. Precisely how much he makes from that business isn’t really the point. The issue is his intent.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:59 AM

Dodged mine and went straight to Dubai’s

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM

Mund

I was just posting my opinion mate. It’s only argumentative if it leads to an argument. I didn’t attack anyone in particular.

What’s argumentative is you constantly hassling me for sharing my perspective. Bore off mate.

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM

Mund …..I dont believe bruce is lying .
    There is a takeiver going on in the back ground whatever has held it up nobody knows.
    I have know facts its happening but if its not ashley must have some big balls to be dragging the saudis through the dirt like that and I dont think he has .

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM

The ledge- Same here. We’re were in for a nasty surprise. The twat has been an utter disaster since day 1. History had better not repeat itself now with PIF and co.

I doubt these possible new owners are going to be as reckless as AshLie. I firmly believe they want NUFC to be one of the best teams in the world over time.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:01 AM

Vegan

Is Bruce lying again???

Is Shearer and Linekar lying???

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:01 AM

Ledge

He hasn’t saw his balls in years

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:01 AM

No facts

• Insh'Allah

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM

KV, he repaid himself the temporary loan he made earlier that year (or maybe previous year), so the net result is zero.

Tell me again how he takes £30m EVERY YEAR (as you stated). I’m all ears and looking for the proof that you need before you make any statement. Allegedly.

• Nufc-83

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM

Was sickened to see Bruce set up like that yesterday. I would rather lose by City blowing us out of the water than sit through 90 minutes of 11 men behind the ball trying to cling on with sheer luck. Disgraceful tactics from him and the sooner he goes the better. You get ASM 1v1 with Otamendi and they are in big trouble so get him up the pitch next to Carrol for Christ’s sake. Rafa in most parts has a unique style in that you defend very deep but he seems to still find a way to make the team very dangerous on the counter and you always felt there would be chances. This was back to the Pardew days in which we put everyone behind but there was nothing going forward at all. Slightly better 2nd half I suppose when we moved a few yards further up the pitch.

• SuperShearer

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:05 AM

Someone on twitter last night said Ashley’s helicopter flew up to Newcastle from London prior to the match and left afterwards. Purely speculating but IF that is true it would make sense it was Ashley or someone from his team saying to Bruce, “listen, Mike is fed up with this bull, can you delicately suggest that be the club being in limbo about who the owners are is not healthy for us as a club or buisness?”

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:07 AM

Jp i think your right if they take us over we are going to be winning things its going to be like riding on a rocket cant wait .

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM

Mund I was just going to ignore you entirely as you did to me last night with this post:

No Mund, you haven’t “left me alone”. You’ve been on my case constantly.

Comment #8 here you lay into me:

And again at #40

#75 here you insult me for out of the blue for no reason:

So how is that leaving me alone? I ignored it pretty much all day, as I do most of the time now.

So yeah what was that about ME being argumentative?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:13 AM

And Mund

Shearer and Lineker don’t know anything we don’t, and Bruce will toe the line for the club because if he steps out he will be punished by his employers. None of this is proof of anything.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:15 AM

KV

Do you have proof Bruce will toe the line or be punished?

• toon22

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:16 AM

My earliest post on this blog (under my old name)

TinFinger

Jul 23, 2007 at 8:37 PM

emm..
    so your saying the tv rights and shirt sales wont help nufc?
    thats why manu etc do it,just for the love of oriental cooking..

Sadly i didnt realize we werent going to benefit from any of it due to the turd

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:16 AM

Insh’Allah

As I said, the precise figures are largely irrelevant. I can’t find exact details but the exact details are irrelevant to the point, which is that we are nothing more than a source of profits to him. If he had ambition he would have appointed a manager with a much better record than Bruce, and would have invested in facilities, players, etc. He does just enough to keep us in the prem because it’s worth more to him to run the club that way that to spend heavily in an attempt to rise up the table and push for Europe.

• toon22

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM

Ok

So the turd bought HOF
    And at the same time a whole bunch of cash the club used to have seems to have vanished

Just a coincidence ?

• Nufc 4ever

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM

KV
    Or BB as I call you rhymes with snoring and lasted.
    I will not comment on anything you say in future.
    You are the most annoying person who has ever been on the blog in my opinion. Never talk football as you do not know anything about the history or the great players that have played for the club or football in general. I have no interest in your eating habits.
    You have a great time winding people up and it is hard not to respond. I would try to miss your drivel but you are like a rash everywhere.
    As I dont post often I need this off my chest you 100% clown.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM

GP

12 years of everybody at the club basically flat refusing to criticise Ashley seems like pretty good evidence to me. Can you think of anyone that hasn’t toed the line while under his employment?

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM

You are a troubled fellow

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM

Does anyone fancy us to beat Bournemouth?
    i think we might get a draw out of it with a bit of luck .

• toon22

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:19 AM

Gothmog’s Pyjamas

The only reason he is at our club is due to him toeing the line, same went for Pardue
    Or do you think hes here due to him being the best man for the job ?

• Insh'Allah

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:19 AM

So KV, you admit that you are totally incorrect on the fact you stated many, many times that ashLIE is taking £30m every year out of the club?

• toon22