web analytics

Steve Bruce In What He Calls An Exclusive – He’ll Come To Play For Newcastle – Really?

A light and comical touch at the end of the disappointing defeat last night when Newcastle manager Steve Bruce interrupted Macnsheter City star Kevin de Bryne’s interview on the field to announce what the Newcastle manager called an exclusive.

Kevin is coming to Newcastle this summer – we know that’s true because that’s what Steve said in this exclusive and rather sensational piece of video.

🙂

Kevin is one of the best players in the world at the moment – we wish it was true.

But if the takeover goes through we could land one or two players of the caliber of the Belgian International.

And the Premier League will have to come off the fence sometime.

And woe betide (long time since I’ve used that saying) if they block the takeover, which will leave Newcastle up the creek without a paddle (there’s another one).

But we wouldn’t put it past the Premier League to screw up Newcastle.

That’s the club up there in the wilderness of the northeast, where the lads go shirtless during the freezing winters.

They are also some of the best sports fans in the world!

Howay The Lads!!

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Quarter-Final Defeat?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Kevin, if you don’t rate an England fullback, I despair, Jetro, while a great player, is and always has been injury prone.

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Had not seen that ed made me laugh .

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:23 AM

can see why the players like him

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:25 AM

carltoon
    I don’t think he is that great either
    Just because he is an England full back means nothing jess lingard is an England International and he is usless.
    If he was as good as some think he is why did he come here?

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM

ye mund he does seem a funny bloke .

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM

The Ledge

I like Norwich’s FBs too. Neither will cost too much in the grand scheme, and both should be looking to stay in the top flight when Norwich go down, so both should be available in the summer.

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:28 AM

For any other faults he has, it’s pretty difficult to deny he’s a good man manager. The players have always stuck with him this season when it would have been very easy to throw the toys out the pram with how bad we’ve been playing at times.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:28 AM

Max Aaron’s will cost upwards of 40 mill no way he goes on the cheap

• cleveleysbob

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM

I’ve noticed on my Twitter feed that loads of fans are twitting directly to or copying in to the Premier League. Normally I would applaud such direct action but far too many of the comments are rude, derogatory and downright insulting towards Mr Masters and his organisation.

While I agree with almost everything said (not the rude stuff) I can’t help thinking all these insults won’t be helping our case much.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Carltoon

That’s a former England full-back who has barely played football for anyone for the last two years and who’s about to turn 30 in a few days. No thanks.

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM

The Ledge,

I get the point you’re making, is he the best fullback? No. But is he the best fullback we were able to get at the time? Ultimately under Ashley any player we sign is going to have some kind of baggage and unfortunately with Rose we had to accept the fact he’d been frozen out by Poch so hadn’t played consistently for a long time. I think that might have come from them trying to sell him previously when he was in form but he didn’t want to leave?

As long as we bring in another, younger fullback I would definitely sign him permanently as I just don’t see Dummett at LB longer term.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:33 AM

I’d be surprised if a player like Aarons didn’t have a relegation release clause

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:35 AM

KV,

Unless he has since signed a new contract this season? I doubt he will have.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:36 AM

he recently signed a 5 year contract no way a release clause will be under 40mill so still not cheap but i don’t even think he has one signed new contract last year 5 year deal

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:38 AM

John Reese I do understand we couldn’t get any better at the time .
    But I wioudnt sign him permanently and i dont think he wants to be here permanently.
    But he has done a job for us .

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:39 AM

I’m also a bit sceptical of the hype around Aarons, I know it’s difficult in such a poor side but I’ve really not seen much I like from him.

I’d rather we go for Pol Liora or someone of that ilk than throwing £40-£50 million at a fullback when we have much bigger priorities in the squad.

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:40 AM

The ledge,

I did think if things had worked out a little better for him here he’d have angled to go back to Leeds if they come up truth be told.

• ctommo

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:40 AM

I like Max Aarons, just hope hes got a better attitute than cousin Rolando and he could go far. Really like Jamaal lewis aswell mind

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM

John

would money even matter to us when we get took over?

i don’t think we will see huge changes straight away with huge amount of cash spent but if we are to be the richest club on then world!! the time worrying about money spent better elsewhere is behind us

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM

I think Aarons price will be up around the 30mil mark
    And Lewis around the 15 to 20 mil no chance if our current owner is here .

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:43 AM

I’d rather we spent £40m on Aarons than on another Joelinton, but I reckon he’ll go for £20-30m, as full-backs rarely move for a high fee and Norwich are not a wealthy club. The record for a full-back is only about £50m IIRC so I would be very surprised if Aarons cost much above £30m. I reckon £20m plus add-ons would be enough.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:43 AM

Has anyone seen my flip flops

• G

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:44 AM

I think the only player I would sign from Norwich is Todd Cantwell. Kid looks better every time I watch him play. Can see him being in the top 4 next year.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:44 AM

english players with potential automatically get a 25 mill price tag for just being english

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:44 AM

John i think rose is hoping to go back to Leeds aswell dont know if Bielsa would want him .

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:44 AM

The ledge

I had a look and Aarons is valued at £18m

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Mund,

Possibly not but even if we had a large budget we need to overhaul a lot of the squad and some of the positions we really need to improve are going to take a lot of money so there are other positions where we may have to go a little lower.

I don’t know if anyone here has seen much of Erik Pulgar at Fiorentina? They’re having another crap season but he’s been a real standout in midfield, good box to box, 26 I believe. Looks well suited to the league and shouldn’t cost silly money.

• Mund

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Max Aarons is the most valuable member of a Norwich City squad worth an estimated £198m (€217m), according to a football think tank. The England Under-21 starlet is valued between €40m and €50m at current market prices, in the view of Swiss-based research group CIES football observatory.

from another point of view

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Phillipe Fulop, wasn’t he Marton Fulop’s son?

• c-dog

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:47 AM

In terms of points on the board given the restrictions imposed by Ashley Steve Bruce has done a phenomenal job. Klopp is the manager of the year but Bruce should get a nomination.

Do I think he could take the club forward?

• JohnReese

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:47 AM

The Ledge,

I think a Bielsa system would kill Rose. At least with his current fitness levels. His players usually suffer burn out in the second half of seasons at the best of time’s!

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:47 AM

It is true if your an English player they throw another 5 to 10 mil on .

• carltoon

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Kevin thank you, but I think I know who’s a good player, I don’t think we will keep him, and remember, every one hates Ashley, and if you want him out, come up one match day and have a word with some of our fan’s. In fact I’ll hold the banner with you, although I don’t think you really care.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:48 AM

KV

Fairly sure Wan Bissaka wouldnt have been valued at 45-50m though, he still went for that in the end.

Aarons would be around 30m id think as norwich dont have to sell so we would need to pay over his value to get them to accept, same as Man U did with AWB.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM

KV

Was agreeing there sorry, didnt read like it!

• simon376

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM

Carltoon
    I’ll have to give it a go one day.

As for Rose, totally agree, he may have put on a bit of weight, but is a quality player. Thought he was brilliant last night, really only him and Hayden stood out for us

• Harrogate mag

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Mathew upson called his son chin

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Carltoon

I’ll come hold a banner with you if I can make it up there. Any idea if the protests are going to start up again if Ashley doesn’t sell? I’ve been tempted a few times but it’s a massive ask for me as I live at the other end of the country and would probably have to set 3 days and £500 aside for the privilege. If I can though, I would love to be there 🙂

• The ledge

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:51 AM

John i think your right there Bielsa would expect alot more fitness wise .
    Rose has always carried a bit of weight .
    And Bielsa seem to like the younger player.

Kevin I think he might be valued at 18mil but to get him id day we would have to go closer to the 30 mil mark .

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Harrogate

And Gary and Phil Neville’s dad is called Neville Neville. Did you ever see the social media campaign to have Bacary Sagna name his kid “Les”?

1 2 3 5