web analytics

A Goliath Linked, Masters Talks Takeover, And Bruces Plans For Changes – Today’s News Roundup

A report says that Newcastle are tracking 6ft 6in Dutch international Wout Weghorst, Richard Masters is quizzed about the pending Newcastle takeover, and Bruce confirms changes for Bournemouth.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Steve Bruce gives an injury update during his press conference for Bournemouth.
  • Our predicted lineup for Wednesday has six changes from the Man City defeat.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:55 PM

Hope ritchie’s fit for tomorrow. .smashing winner home against old club

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:55 PM

Ya Ya Touré was 27 and 3 months when he joined Man City
    Paul Pogba turned 27 3 months ago

• Darnik

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Feel the need to defend Anglo here but I often say queer cnut him like meaning funny not gay

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:59 PM

Can’t get wind tunnel out of me heed f f s

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:00 PM

No I didn’t Jib, show me where I said that or apologise and before you do, ram your apology.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM

Jib,

What you saying? Pogba will mature into the role? possible I suppose

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:04 PM

Hate it when man u turn young forwards into wingers. Did the same with Rashford and look like doing same with Greenwood who in my eyes has better potential than Rashford did at his age.

Greenwood should all day be up top great finisher, strong, quick and holds a strong presence got a mean left foot as well

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:04 PM

Tackle,

From previous. I could see us potentially winning a cup within a couple of seasons if we improve the depth in the squad but it’s entirely realistic you could throw £2-300million at the team and not get anywhere near to challenging for the league, let alone winning it, we’re just that far behind everyone.

I did think with the Reubens having had some involvement with Sir Les at QPR we could see him potentially come back. I’d be interested to see if Nobby Solano could get involved in the coaching set up, need someone to teach our wingers how to put a proper cross in.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:05 PM

jail

stop goading people it’s embarrassing

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Mund,

I think it’s more a case of trying to shoehorn him into the lineup. They have 3 very similar players in Greenwood, Rashford and Martial. They should drift around and play off each other as none of them are really what you would think of as a focal point of an attack.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM

JohnReece

Getting a top coach in and smart recruitment and a mixture of lady luck, ya never know

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Mund,
    He claimed I wanted Potter here, just pointing that out, I think you’ll find it was him that was goading me, thank you very much.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM

JohnReece

totally agree did same with Rashford tho and even tho he has played up front most this season you do see him start a lot from the left as well and only this season really where he has been there main front man

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:08 PM

jail

don’t need to thank me mate it was said with love

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:08 PM

JR

Win a cup….blasphemy…burn the heretic

Solano, good call
    What about Spiderman himself Jonás Gutiérrez – does he have any coaching badges, or we can put him in charge of uniforms.

Needs to be a steady build, 3-5 years and we should be challenging, if not a slightly jammy win before ala Blackburn/Leicester

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Does anyone have a match day ritual….mine was going to rosies bar and letting the juke box take my pound and not play any music

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM

lads and lasses if we have new owners we will actually make an effort in a cup with hopefully some new quality additions so our chances of winning a cup or actually challenging for one will rise significantly and that’s enough for me

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM

harrogate

I just actually laughed out loud – same thing happened to me and a few mates – would you dare to complain er no.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Rashford and Martial i agree not what you call a centre forward but with Greenwood i see it differently

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:12 PM

Mund

that would be priority ONE for me, it’s one way to get the team to learn how to win.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:12 PM

JohnReese I agree,

Pogba is no where near Yaya’s level at the minute. He should be though after his Juventus exploits.

Or does that just show how difficult our league is?

Maybe he tries too much, comes with maturity I suppose. Yaya made it look really simple, not many like him about.

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM

Mund,

I’d be surprised if they didn’t try to bring in a more experienced and recognised number 9 in the summer to try and tie their attack together. Would gives the like of Greenwood a couple of years to really grow into the role without massive pressure on him, like Rashford’s had to deal with.

Tackle,

I’d love Gutiérrez involved at the club in any position. Even just an ambassadorial role. He got the club, got the fans and was one of my absolute favourites. Always gave everything for us.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Tackle

Listen to these words

Imagine going into games thinking we can get something every time (i actually think this anyway lol) or thinking this team is going somewhere having that hope back….

i’m stopping i’m getting carried away haven’t allowed myself to think like that yet 😎

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:15 PM

M u n d..am sure New owners would have winning a cup as priority as to winning the league in the first few years..be at least 3 year before any title battle imo

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:15 PM

a Lautauro Martinez type signing would suit them

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Harrogate

it’s just the thought of actually thinking we could win something or having a go that excites me

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Tackle..sure barmaid grinned every time I put me wedge in

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Uncertain,

It’s funny to think Barca basically discarded Toure. What they’d give to have a player as good as him now? Shows the drop off of truly elite player right now.

I think Pogba’s problem has been the people around him. Riola has a poor reputation for a reason, concerned more with his bonuses than his clients being at the right team and being settled.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:21 PM

For me when we get took over it’s a blank plate i will sit back relaxed with the biggest smile on my face and boner in my pants (sorry for being crude) and will let whatever will be, be.

Before Saudis we would of took anything to be rid of Ashley and i still would but and i cant still believe this we must of accumulated all the luck in the last 13 years and blew it all at once with Queen Amanda sweeping in and making us the richest club in the world.

Whatever will be will be because the thought of having our club back fills me with such emotion i’m welling as i type.

Anything after Ashley is an added bonus

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Then down the beehive and wait 20 minutes to get served after the game

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:22 PM

Harrogate

Is that the beehive in Fishburn? If so, I’ve been there!

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Fernandes is awesome

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

M u n d…the dreams you have…I have them too mate

• Northumbrian

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Mund, why you apologising for having a smile on your face lol.

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Mund,

My worry is, if/when we get taken over and the first year or two doesn’t lead to immediate success. The likes of sky will go out and find the usual doylems that should be locked in the garden shed and plaster them all over the tv to paint us as ungrateful and deluded as they always have.

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Beehive in bigg market Kev….great place

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:25 PM

northumbrian

😉 😎

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:26 PM

JohnReece

F U C K them sick of worrying and hearing about outside opinions

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:27 PM

Harrogate

Ahh nope don’t know that one mate, spent a weekend with a mate in Fishburn and there’s a pub there called the beehive too so thought maybe you meant that one

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:28 PM

Used to go in idol’s sometimes as well. …enough said

1 2 3 10