web analytics

Bruce Gives Update On Squad’s Fitness During Press Conference For Bournemouth

Steve Bruce has given his press conference this morning for tomorrow’s trip to face Bournemouth. A result will have Newcastle reach the 40 point total for the season. But they’ll face a desperate side in the Cherries, who are mired in 18th place at the moment.

With this being Newcastle’s fourth game in just 11 days, Bruce says he’ll rotate the squad and could bring in some players who have yet to feature since the league resumed.

Players who have yet to play who have been available include Emil Krafth, Yoshinori Muto, and Christian Atsu, who hasn’t been named in a matchday squad since the return.

Bruce pulled some of his stars in latter stages of the FA Cup quarterfinal. Hopefully, the likes of Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron will be able to go tomorrow. Though 4 starts in 11 days is a risk.

The head coach spoke about Saint-Maximin and also confirmed there were no new injuries to report. However, Matt Ritchie is still not right after being taken off against Aston Villa.

Here’s Chris Waugh’s tweet on injuries and the fitness of the squad.

Steve Bruce also shed some light on the situation with Florian Lejeune, who was injured in the friendly against Hull. Unfortunately, the Frenchman may not be able to return this season.

All in all, the injury situation isn’t too bad. The Lonstaffs returned against Manchester City, so it looks like just Ritchie will be a question mark for tomorrow with Lejeune and Ciaran Clark being unavailable.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:33 PM

First again, bloody nora!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:36 PM

If he’s planning on going 442 and still here next season I can see Mikey cashing in on Lejuene and Schar this summer and bringing in a youngster to make that fourth CB spot.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:36 PM

Id probably go 442 vs Bournemouth, especially with ASM likely to be benched.

Dubs
    Manquillo-JL-Fede-Rose
    Lazaro-shelvey-Hayden-Miggy
    AC-Muto/Joe

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Jail

Missed the bus on the last two threads somehow so won’t repost here but thanks very much 🙂 good man

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Or.. Good person I should say. Don’t want to assume.

• DaveD1000

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Lejeune for all I love seeing him in the team is looking like a permanent sicknote

• RobLeenio

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Lejeune proving himself a bit of a sicknote, which is a shame as he’s a Rolls Royce defender when fully fit, great at the back and a real asset going forward also.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Man U refuse to pay more than 50m for Sancho – howay lads, get this takeover sorted, get the deal done.

Sancho will be itching to whip some balls in for big joe to get his head on, fizzing balls in around 5 yards out for Gayle to smash home…..

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:38 PM

I can see Yedlin being punted this summer as well, surely he’s not getting a new deal as well as Manquillo.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:39 PM

KV,
    No need to thank me it’s footin shameful the way people are behaving.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:40 PM

No new injuries but a few old ones, bit of a curates egg there Steve!

Wonder if Tom Allan might get into the squad, or any of the youngsters, although all they’re getting older! 🙂

Don’t particularly want to see Krafth in the squad.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:40 PM

” We all see through a nasty twerp of a hypocrite. Its not hard.”

Munster

I do think you need to be a tad more guarded with comments like that, especially the hypocrite bit.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:42 PM

RobLeenio,
    I can’t see how they’re going to keep both him, Clarke and Schar. I think the two most valuable will be shipped and a Curtis Good brought in hoping he makes it to the first team.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM

It’ll be a crime against the team if big Andy doesn’t start this game, imo.

Be interesting to see him and Joelinton start together.

• RobLeenio

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM

I haven’t been posting much lately as I’ve not been able to keep up with the blog as it’s been filled with nonsense, just folks having a go at one another. Bit of a shame really that we can’t actually see the quality content for the nonsense that’s being posted.

Maybe people should have a think about what the actual purpose of this blog is before they post.

Not aimed at anyone in particular

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM

Jail

What I’m saying your going on about bullying you have been exactly the same down the years. So you can say naff all.

When I first posted the info I had you were disgusting to me and all I was doing was sharing info.

Since then you have been fine but still no way to talk to someone and then you preach this shit

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:45 PM

And especially the twerp bit!

• RobLeenio

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:46 PM

Jail, I think you’re right, I also agree that the shape we plan to play will dictate the make-up of the squad.

Schaer and Lejeune could well make way, especially as we have Hayden and Dummett who can both deputise at CB.

We also have young Kell Watts coming through to challenge for a place.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:49 PM

Mund,
    I had a pop at you, get over it, there is more than half a dozen of you deliberately goading this lad when he’s not even on the blog, then when he responds you all wade in to him, it’s shameful. Even more so when you have guys like Munter playing the victim card and whining about being bullied to then carry on the way he is.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:52 PM

See there’s my point whatever Munster says you twist it into a negative don’t throw stones in glass houses young man

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:54 PM

Did anyone see this interview with KDB? Brucey’s a funny dude I’ll give him that much

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:55 PM

Mund,
    Put your dummy back in I haven’t twisted anything Munter has said.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM

Mund

Thing is, you told us all to ignore him, which seemed the sensible thing to do, but you have personally kept it going unrelentingly, almost to the point where i now actually have a tiny bit of sympathy for him.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM

RobLeenio; Shape? Don’t talk about shape. Bruce has a belly like the coronavirus curve. What does he know about shape?

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM

Jail
    Never seen Munster whine
    You have – many times
    and as for calling someone a hypocrite !

what a laugh

Your first post this morning was hoping Carroll starts v B’mouth
    after spending a week whining about him.

• RobLeenio

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM

I’m starting to really like Henry Winter

@henrywinter
    Nobody expects Masters to give “running commentary”. But it would be respectful to #nufc fans for Masters to state publicly during long process that he understands their impatience, sympathises, but deal complex. That’s not breaching confidentiality. That’s showing some respect.

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Ledjune isn’t missed imo, Fede and Lacelles are far better defenders, and less prone to errors.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:57 PM

kv

bruce and kdb now if there was a mis-match.

• DaveD1000

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Rob
    and injury

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Kv @22 lol it’s only been all over the blog and twitter and even in the Sun since sunday evening.

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:58 PM

i would say the wum has well and truly achieved his objective,
    jail there not ganging up on him there the one’s that are keeping him a live and he’s loving it,
    “there are none so blind as those who will not see”

• RobLeenio

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM

Novo, fair point, but I think you’re assuming Bruce will have any say on inbound transfers.

Also, he looks like an egg so at least he should know ‘ovoid’

😉

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM

Jib,
    Are you for real. My whole issue with Carroll is that he doesn’t play enough, when have I questioned his ability. Please try a bit harder will you, that’s laughable.

• DaveD1000

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM

I had high hopes for Schar but he seems to have lost his way a bit

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:00 PM

hibbit,
    They’re loving it too. Mund telling people to ignore him while constantly and I mean constantly goading him.

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:01 PM

IrishRob,

I’d disagree, Lejeune pre injury was probably the most rounded centreback we had, in my opinion. I’ve been holding out hope he’d be able to recover from them but it’s looking less and less likely.

I’d agree with Jail and RobL though, if we’re going 4 at the back long term we have too many bodies for CB and I could see us cutting our losses on Lejeune and flipping Schär for whatever we can get for him.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:02 PM

Steve Bruce and Kevin De Bruyne

One of those has scored 19 goals in a season before. the other is De Bruyne..

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM

What do you call a detective electrician?
    Sherlock Ohms

oops me finger slipped … 😀

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM

Jail for Ashley
    when have I questioned Carroll’s ability.

You’ve whinged squealed and stamped you little girly foot about
    extending the useless lumps contract (your words) for days

1 2 3 8