web analytics

Bruce Gives Update On Squad’s Fitness During Press Conference For Bournemouth

Steve Bruce has given his press conference this morning for tomorrow’s trip to face Bournemouth. A result will have Newcastle reach the 40 point total for the season. But they’ll face a desperate side in the Cherries, who are mired in 18th place at the moment.

With this being Newcastle’s fourth game in just 11 days, Bruce says he’ll rotate the squad and could bring in some players who have yet to feature since the league resumed.

Players who have yet to play who have been available include Emil Krafth, Yoshinori Muto, and Christian Atsu, who hasn’t been named in a matchday squad since the return.

Bruce pulled some of his stars in latter stages of the FA Cup quarterfinal. Hopefully, the likes of Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron will be able to go tomorrow. Though 4 starts in 11 days is a risk.

The head coach spoke about Saint-Maximin and also confirmed there were no new injuries to report. However, Matt Ritchie is still not right after being taken off against Aston Villa.

Here’s Chris Waugh’s tweet on injuries and the fitness of the squad.

Steve Bruce also shed some light on the situation with Florian Lejeune, who was injured in the friendly against Hull. Unfortunately, the Frenchman may not be able to return this season.

All in all, the injury situation isn’t too bad. The Lonstaffs returned against Manchester City, so it looks like just Ritchie will be a question mark for tomorrow with Lejeune and Ciaran Clark being unavailable.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Novocastrian66

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM

I didn’t know big Ron was back on the TV.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM

If ASM is being rested I’d go:

…………………M-Dubz
    Manq….Lascelles….Fede……Rose
    …………………Schar…..
    ………..Shelvey……..Hayden
    Lazaro……………………………Miggy
    ……………………AC

Maybe bring Schar up into a midfield 3, but if they only play one striker I don’t like the idea of 2 CBs and no DM. Think we’ll get pulled out of shape too easily if they get men up the park, and they’re likely to go for the 3 points in their position.

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:05 PM

Jail i agree mate but you just have to look a how quick he latched on to you ,
    he has an agenda and it’s not nufc

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:05 PM

wish it was wednesday today …

• The Prince's Mate

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:05 PM

Robleenio, aye well said Henry and here’s the second piece.

Masters’ lack of respect towards #nufc fans is self-evidently offensive. Also naive. #BCD confirms how soulless match-day is without fans. No atmosphere, no adrenaline for players to feed off. For viewers, fake crowd noise is still fake. TV craves/pays handsomely for full houses.

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:08 PM

we need to go at them from the kickoff on wednesday , no sitting back letting them dictate the play …

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:09 PM

IrishRob

I don’t do twitter mate and hadn’t seen it posted here so thought I’d share. He’s a character for sure!

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Jail

Don’t be a crank all you do is goad Munster and Jibs you hypocrite

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:10 PM

geordietom i hope Bruce gets the memo !!!

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM

what about all the times you had a go at me jail and you still do it …

• cleveleysbob

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM

Just a quick answer for those querying the SNP guy’s motives: back in 2013, Scotland got into a cosy “relationship” with Qatar, which involved the usual money for favours etc. It included Qatar celebrating an annual “Scotland Day” in which lots of young Qatari girls are dressed up kilts etc.

This came under a lot of flak in 2017, when Qatar were being accused of protecting Islamic terrorists, but I’m not sure if the “arrangement” ever really ended.

I think that says it all, Qatar have pulled in every available, political favour they could muster to try and stop this, and they are still going to fail haha haha 🙂 🙂 🙂

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:12 PM

Hibbit …

i hope he does as well mate , would be good to see us taking the game to them …

• The Prince's Mate

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:13 PM

Gothmog@8

“for Gayle to smash home”. Hahaha, I love your cheek

• Novocastrian66

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:14 PM

KV; if ASM is left out we have no chance. I’d rather we left out Almiron to give Lazaro a run out.

• Bianconeri

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:14 PM

What bruce say’s and what he does is never the same.
    I’d start with
    …………………………Dubravka…………………

Manquillo…….Lascalles…..Fernández………Rose

Lazaro………….Shelvey………M.Longstaff……..St.Maximin

…………………………Carroll…………Muto……….

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:15 PM

cleveleysbob…

saw your post about holidays mate cheers for being concerned , think it was your post which i showed to wor lass what changed her mind …

sorry i took a bit time to get back …

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:22 PM

Novo

I agree mate, if he’s fit enough ASM should definitely start. I wasn’t thinking of dropping him because I wanted to get Lazaro in, I was going on what Bruce said about him being tired. He should definitely start if he’s fit enough in my opinion, but if he needs a rest we should give it to him as he still has a lot of games to play in quick succession.

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:24 PM

i think Bruce took Carroll off on sunday to save him from the second yellow and a one match ban

• beefman13

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:25 PM

A Steve Bruce press conference, do me a favour, after embarrassing the geordie nation on Sunday, he can fcuk right off.

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:25 PM

Jail you’re a spoofer and a hypocritical bully. Just because you can’t bully me with your mates over the years irritates you.

I disagree with much of kevs stuff but I don’t think I’m trying to be a bully. Most stuff we disagree on without problems.

Kev, if you think I am bullying you, let me know and we’ll sort it out between us, with no bad blood.

OK fella?

• geordie157

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:27 PM

Freshen things up hey…..

Umm 433

Dubravka
    Manquillo, Lascelles, Fernandez, Rose
    M. Longstaff, Shelvey, S. Longstaff
    Lazaro, Carroll, Joelinton

Miggy looks a bit tired to me, so impact sub. Muto to possibly get a chance.

Will need to keep Brooks quiet but we should be taking home the 3 points tomorrow.

Then sign Brooks and C.Wilson in the summer with Gayle going the other way.

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:28 PM

I dont think we will see Manquillo, Rose, Hayden or Carroll start tomorrow.

• cleveleysbob

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:31 PM

Tom, no problem mate, keep well. I’m also convinced our sale is going through! 😉

• Ron Knee

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:33 PM

RIP Johnny Mandel

• Novocastrian66

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:34 PM

Joelinton will start.
    …………………….Dubravka………………………
    Manquillo….Lascelles….Fernández….Rose
    …………………….Hayden…………………………
    Lazaro………….Shelvey…………..Ritchie…..
    ……………………..ASM………………….
    …………………..Joelinton……………….
    Go for it. They’re shite at the back.

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:34 PM

A one match ban doesnt affect your next game, plus it was a cup game so it doesnt affect premier league.

• toon22

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:35 PM

JIB

It’s never Jabbas fault
    Defending Munster saying he don’t whine on ?

Hahahahaha

• Davas28

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:38 PM

I’d like to see Lazaro given a chance. Quite liked what I’ve seen of him (as a winger) but hasn’t had many opportunities. Thought he might have got some minutes as sub for miggy in the last couple of gmes. Maybe it’s the same deal for Bruce as Pardew had with Ireland???

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:38 PM

Munster (long post, 1 of 2, sorry everyone!!)

Not aiming to antsgonise mate so I hope this is taken in the spirit it is intended.

I think you’re treading the line for certain. I don’t want to cause a ruccus but you’re one of several on here that just seem to want to hate on me for everything. This is why I pulled you up for having a go at me yesterday, solely for having a discussion that wasn’t football related, but not calling out anyone else that was involved in that discussion and then doing the same thing yourself this morning with 9 posts in a row that had nothing to do with football, and several of which were cheap shots at me.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:39 PM

Munster (2nd part)

If you genuinely have nothing against me though mate I’m happy to wipe the slate clean and see if we can get off on the right foot this time. Despite what others might say, I really would like to have friendly discussions here rather than constant bickering. I don’t claim to be perfect but I really don’t think I deserve the treatment I get from many here. You’re not the worst, but you have said some unpleasant things. If I have done the same back to you, I apologise.

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:39 PM

cleveleysbob…

good lad 😀

• Novocastrian66

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:40 PM

KV; I thought Almiron was blowing hard on Sunday. I think he will sit this one out. Stick ASM further forward in behind Useless. Less tracking back. You never know they might click and Useless might tick. We’re not going to be relegated so let’s have some fun for a change. Save Carroll for Sunday. He can rip in to WHU. 6 points here we come.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45 PM

Rob

Not only has there been a lot of nonsense but there’s been so much of it making catching up a real pain, I’ve been skipping whole threads rather than wade through it! 🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:47 PM

Novo

Getting ASM closer to the front man makes a lot of sense to me. I thought the same with Almiron, but he was yanked on 65 minutes so he should have a bit more to give than the lads that played a whole 90. It remains to be seen whether he’s recovered. Bruce and the staff will assess everyone over the next couple of days

• hibbit

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:47 PM

my bad IrishRob your obviously right…… what i should have said was to save us going down to 10 men

• TheTinman

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:50 PM

The season is over. It ended when Bruce took off Almiron, Carrol and ASM on Sunday.

Who cares who plays against Bournemouth?!

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:53 PM

Tinman

We are 3 points off a europa league place if we win tomorrow.

with brighton, west Ham, Watford to come, then spurs at home. All winnable.

Love your positive attitude bud.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:55 PM

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:59 PM

@15 well said Roberto. It’s not enjoyable coming on here to read nothing but aggro.