web analytics

Bruce Makes Six Changes In Our Predicted Eleven For Bournemouth

This is the team we are predicting Steve Bruce to select for tomorrow’s match at Bournemouth. It has six changes from the FA Cup quarterfinal.

Steve Bruce admitted there would be changes during his press conference this morning. With four games in eleven days, he’ll have to start thinking about giving some players a rest.

In our prediction, Bruce will rest Allan Saint-Maximin, Isaac Hayden, and Javier Manquillo, who have started the last three matches. The head coach is also likely to go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Andy Carroll retains his place, and Joelinton comes in on the left for Saint-Maximin. Miguel Almiron returns to the number 10 role and is one of four Magpies who will play four straight matches in our prediction. The others are all defenders in Danny Rose, Jamaal Lascelles, and Federico Fernandez.

Matt Ritchie still isn’t back to full strength after coming off against Aston Villa, so this is the perfect time to give Valentino Lazaro a game on the right.

Nabil Bentaleb gets his first start since the league resumed coming in for Isaac Hayden. Jonjo Shelvey returns to the midfield after resting against Manchester City.

Emil Krafth comes in for Manquillo at right-back. He still has not played since injuring his ankle at Everton in January.

Of course, Martin Dubravka resumes his place in goal in what would be his 82nd straight start in the Premier League for Newcastle.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• wynsleap

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:37 PM

This blog used to be all about Newcastle United. Having contributed for years on this blog I came on to here and expected to see some well thought out reactions regarding Ed’s ‘players for Bournemouth’ comments yet I have trawled through 4 pages of total irrelevance and found almost nowt about the Toon. I think all the old interesting writers on this blog have disappeared and probably because of this.
    If you want to talk about Vegans, food, pubs, problems about the wife, films, music, world affairs and sexual preferences I’d suggest you start a new blog elsewhere and leave this one to those more concerned about our great club. God knows there’s enough to consider and discuss at the moment.
    Ed must feel at times as if it’s not worth putting up a decent headline.

• lesh

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:37 PM

Jib

It seems you’ll jump on any bandwagon that’ll endear you to others. Are you really that desperate for attention?

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:38 PM

Jail …

i’ll have you know i leave the house all the time when wor lass tells me to …

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:40 PM

Tom f f s….wind tunnel. .lmfao

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:41 PM

Ahh got you now
    I used to drink in the Glendale behind the key club
    The Glendale was an oasis before CAMRA it had
    Bass on draught

• lesh

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:41 PM

Jib

The Key Club was/ is on the same site as the Blue Bell at the top of Shields Rd.

The Heaton Buffs is/ was on Heaton Road.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Ban the homophobes Ed.

• lesh

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Jib

And you’ll be telling us that you used to get in The Globe with some of the Noda drivers

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM

onmeedsun

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:31 PM

I am simply astonished at the amount of aggro on this blog. Aren’t we all Toon fans? If we met in the pub we would talk football and there would be none of this rubbish. Perhaps stuff gets lost in translation and some on here do like going down blind alleys, but everyone is entitled to ignore what they want. Perhaps it’s the demon drink kicking in. Behave. Just think about what you’re saying.

Very good points Onmeheed
    But Kev wouldn’t be in said pub,but he is on this blog though…

• lesh

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM

Jib

For what it’s worth, Bob Lamb kept good Bass before and after CAMRA was born in 1971.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:47 PM

Nice to have Pantsdown Man the missing link Jib speaking in behalf us all saying they won’t miss Kevin V if he’s bullied off the blog.

Have to say I’m surprised at the amount of vitriol Kev’s been getting on a forum of free speech. Funny how people can be offensive to the disabled, racist, foul mouthed despite a wide ranging audience, political and religiously bigoted but whoa there son better not stick to your opinion so robustly or you’re outta here!

Shameful actually.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM

The Globe in Shieldfield ?
    Bob (Skid ) Marx
    Owen
    Ray Ellison
    Tommy Renforth
    Ray Shepherd
    happy days

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:50 PM

5 across the midfield for me tomorrow. .win in midfield we win the match imo

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:51 PM

wynsleap, when we got a proper football club and a team you might get your wish until then join the frustration.

• bill

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:51 PM

Loved the wind tunnel joke Tom. So funny.

• Thump

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:51 PM

@jib: Loved the Glendale. Was there for the last night lock in to help empty the cellars (it would be rude not to).

Mind, canny fish and chips from Gormans last I checked.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:52 PM

I’m worried about tomoz
    B’Mouth are making noises like they’ve hoyed in the towel
    That sometimes can make teams hard to play
    No pressure

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM

I’m a bit surprised The Wife hasn’t stepped in to be honest. Kev I flagged up some stupid Irish comments made on here but was called a victim. Not that a gave a fcuk. I didn’t see the original comment and am off fishing now so best of luck for the evening.

Lads pipe it down with the queer stuff whether it was meant to insult or not

• Harrogate mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM

Bill…Was a classic mate

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:54 PM

One thing I found in the Nineties
    The scousers had somehow discovered the Glendale
    I was in one Saturday before a home game v LPool
    and it was rammed with bindippers
    Good craic as it happens

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:54 PM

Kev, if u do go, bring Hail with you. He’s becoming a blog irrelevance. And whatever has happened, he is in no position to comment re bullying, the nasty little twerp.

• The ledge

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:58 PM

I have no hassle with kevin he has been good when I spoke to him and has some of the same interests as me .
    I dont agree with everything he says but it would be boring if we all did .

• magpie6699

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:58 PM

wynsleap – I’m with you. I get fed up with the pathetic name-calling, point-scoring, did not/did too posts. You can go through a page and there’s nothing relevant to the club, the team etc. SO BORING!

• Our Toon

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:58 PM

Masters at least answered some questions, my take on it is that they’ve asked the Saudi’s to put in place measures, it’s upto them to implement them. We have to remember that they need to appease bein sports aswell as league members.

Masters no doubt in tough spot with this takeover, if anything the PL have done well to keep it on track as they could’ve knocked it back months ago. We shouldn’t be given him any stick in my opinion

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:59 PM

Munter,
    I agree take Hail with him.

• Just a fan

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:00 PM

Jail
    Have to agree with you re vegan it’s getting out of hand and they are all in denial saying it’s just “banter” etc

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:01 PM

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:02 PM

Our Toon,
    Aye, I think the delay being caused by negotiations between KSA and beIN over how the Saudi’s are going to legally watch their new football team.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:02 PM

JAF have you any info that says it isn’t Banter or are you just guessing.

• TyneMouth

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:04 PM

• Magnus Pie

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:05 PM

I don’t eat meat. And if I’d have to put a brand on my sexuality it would be queer or bi.

Although I think Kevin’s right in his arguments, me personally wouldn’t get upset if you called me a vegetable or queer.

I would only be offended by the intent and the idiocy in general.

• Thump

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:05 PM

Just saw this on the things you may have missed on Twitter. Is this seriously all they’re going to say?

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:05 PM

He doesn’t like it when he’s in the limelight but when it’s the other way he cries sympathy, read back not very far see what you’re NOT getting.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:06 PM

Jail, The Ledge, Pat

All of you have a place in my heart for standing with me on this. It speaks volumes to me that many on here who disagree are the same people who are of the mind that it’s acceptable or should even be expected that you would get a kicking for speaking out against prejudice. These are the attitudes I expect to hear from people who know no other way than to force their opinions on others with aggression and violence. The reason they are all so upset is because now they have to justify their bigotry with their words, not their fists, and they are clearly uncomfortable doing this.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:07 PM

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:07 PM

He does not doesn’t.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:08 PM

Anybody got the sick bucket.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:12 PM

Anglo Saxon
    I have to say I did find myself filling up
    Well done Jail
    Champion of the underdog

• Our Toon

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:12 PM

Normally I wouldn’t weigh into fights on here, kev does in my opinion come on here at times to get into debates and I’ve ignored him at times when I think he’s looking for a fight or argument.

Having said that the bullying toward him is completely unjustified, its shameful to think in this day and age people behave in this manner, words have consequences and we dont know what impact that can have on someone sat on the other end.

The comment made toward Kev was meant as one thing and one thing only in my opinion, it wasnt a way to describe him a strange or weird. Honestly its shameful coming on to chat here these days with this childish playground mentality. If you dont like what kev has to say, ignore him and move on……dont throw in personal insults / attacks.

• Thump