web analytics

Bruce Makes Six Changes In Our Predicted Eleven For Bournemouth

This is the team we are predicting Steve Bruce to select for tomorrow’s match at Bournemouth. It has six changes from the FA Cup quarterfinal.

Steve Bruce admitted there would be changes during his press conference this morning. With four games in eleven days, he’ll have to start thinking about giving some players a rest.

In our prediction, Bruce will rest Allan Saint-Maximin, Isaac Hayden, and Javier Manquillo, who have started the last three matches. The head coach is also likely to go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Andy Carroll retains his place, and Joelinton comes in on the left for Saint-Maximin. Miguel Almiron returns to the number 10 role and is one of four Magpies who will play four straight matches in our prediction. The others are all defenders in Danny Rose, Jamaal Lascelles, and Federico Fernandez.

Matt Ritchie still isn’t back to full strength after coming off against Aston Villa, so this is the perfect time to give Valentino Lazaro a game on the right.

Nabil Bentaleb gets his first start since the league resumed coming in for Isaac Hayden. Jonjo Shelvey returns to the midfield after resting against Manchester City.

Emil Krafth comes in for Manquillo at right-back. He still has not played since injuring his ankle at Everton in January.

Of course, Martin Dubravka resumes his place in goal in what would be his 82nd straight start in the Premier League for Newcastle.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Magnus Pie

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:16 PM

I’d join them in there. Imagine the tension…

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:17 PM

Magnus Pie
    Talk footy or dra åt helvete

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:18 PM

Gothmog,

Don’t quote me on this but I seem to remember at the time reading that Lamptey’s contract was due up soon and they couldn’t guarantee him game time because of James so he asked Chelsea to push through the move in January so he could start playing.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:20 PM

JohnReese

could be, had to make a decision on which one they felt was going to be the better bet – bit like us with krul and forster back in the day.

He’s a Rb but playing RM today, not sure how much he lays there , will be tough vs Rashford and Shaw.

• Just a fan

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:21 PM

Anglo
    No I don’t think it’s banter and neither do you

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:22 PM

Gothmog,

Sounds a pretty similar situation. I believe he began playing on the wing and as he progressed through the youth ranks got pushed further back. I’m assuming Potter just wants to double up on that side as it’s where most of manures attacks will come down.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:25 PM

JohnReese

How’d you think we will do vs Bmouth?

cant wait for solanke vs joelinton – clash of the titans..

• Magnus Pie

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Jib

When you do the same horunge

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:28 PM

Oh, so it’s OK if you directly insult in another language…erm, OK
    Please define hypocrisy

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Jail,

Aye, it’s becoming a proper ball ache this is, we’ve had Big ears, Shearer, Bruce, Club captain coming out wanting a sitrep.

Akin to chasing a dodgy earth mate, feels like there’s no end in sight!

Like Onmeedsun said, KSA doesn’t want to lose face. They don’t want to admit to encouraging the piracy thingy, but by saying they’re going to start clamping down, sort of becomes an admission of guilt anyway.
    It needs to appear that they knew nowt about it, but will deal with any upcoming issues accordingly.

But like you say Jail, the longer it takes the bigger snags with player upgrades, unless they’re happy to chuck big money in January when it’s all gone Pete Tong?

• cyprus

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:30 PM

If I was a betting man, which I am (little league), I’d say we’re playing a team desperate for survival. We’re almost in flip flop territory. So, as a “betting man”, if you need tips and you’d like to drink a few free ones on me, loss.

But I am more of a fan. Win 😉

• Just a fan

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:32 PM

Jib
    The Glendale is now gormans fish and chip shop

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:32 PM

Gothmog,

Heart always tells me we’ll win. I’m going for a scrappy win, 2v1. I think we’ll make incredibly hard work of it though. What do you think?

With Solanke, I’ve watched him play and he looks good at time’s, gets involved in play and takes up good positions but seems like he couldn’t hit water if he fell out a boat. I do worry it’s just going to click into place against us as that’s just our luck.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:35 PM

Boom

Mason Greenwood, great goal.
    Brighton in trouble here, complete stand off, juts like us v City, Manu too good for that tactic too.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:35 PM

Just a fan
    OK It’s ages since ‘ve been in Byker
    OGS has got ManYoo playing good stuff

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:39 PM

How the hell does Bissouma keep getting away without bookings?! Seems to make 10 fouls a game and get away with it.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:39 PM

JohnReese

Think we should be able to get a result, Bmouth a really bad right now and missing Wilson and Fraser too. Tho we never seem to play well down there for some reason, hopefully we sneak the win.

Man U look good now everyone is fit, with 2 or 3 signings this summer they’ll be much closer to City next year for sure.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:40 PM

Brighton getting hounded here. If manure keep the pace up for 90 minutes they’re in for a long night. They’re playing a high-tempo game though and if Brighton can weather the storm they might find some openings later on.

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:42 PM

Gothmog,

If I was in charge at manure I’d be inclined to say thanks but let Solskjaer go at the end of the season and bring in a proper manager. They won’t do anything long term with him I don’t think. There’s all the ingredients in that team bar some competent defenders to challenge.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:43 PM

There’s so much of classic Byker gone
    The Hare and Hounds the Stags Head
    The Ford The Grace Inn
    heart-breaking

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:45 PM

JR

I would agree, OGS, great bloke and he can turn on them in the dressing room and say – look I played and won here blah blah

But, can’t see him hoying the hairdryer.

man U need a stronger character to lead them to the good old days.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:45 PM

#256

Irony par excellence

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:48 PM

Bruno Fernandez and Paul Pogba are a good combo

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:48 PM

Tackle,

I think Poch would be perfect for them. All the attackers in that team are of a level when you don’t really need to give them very specific instruction, they can’t rotate and interchange very comfortably. It’s their defence that needs coaching and despite what a lot of people seem to think that’s actually one of his biggest strengths.

2v0 possibly. Brighton looking very poor though.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Man u
    2 up
    too easy
    too bad Brighton

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Can’t see Brighton coming back from this now.

• Jib

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Jail wanted Potter ahead of Bruce

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:50 PM

JR

Shh man, aren’t we after Poch?

Aye, he would be ideal, and he wouldn’t take much $hit from the big players, more likely to gel them into a team, rather than the good side they are now.

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:51 PM

Jib,

Pogba should be their equivalent to what Yaya Toure was for City. He has all the technical ability in the world and is incredibly physically gifted. I still remember all the games Toure would just effortlessly glide through our midfield. Never looked like he had to exert himself and Pogba should be at the same level.

• JohnReese

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM

Tackle,

Truthfully I don’t think Poch would work well with us. I’d much rather Allegri over him, we need someone who could come in and change the entire culture around the club because we’re simply not winners, it would take time but Allegri is a winner and he would filter that through the club.

• Magnus Pie

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM

I’d love potter before Bruce.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM

Pogba was a beast at Juve

Don’t know why he left, probably money orientated, but since coming to Man U he’s had the lip on.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:56 PM

JR

Don’t know too much of Allegri – I did have a few driving lessons on one though 🙂

We do have a longer road to travel though, I think people think we get the takeover and win the prem same season.
    NOT going to happen.
    Maybe for us, DoF and head coach is a better way.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:58 PM

JR

I’d also like to see a few of the old legends getting brought in to enhance the club identity.
    A Ferdinand type or like Fergusson at Everton….even Shearer if he’d be up to it, just to have a talisman in the mix.

any suggestions

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:59 PM

Tackle

He was immense for France in that last world cup, too. I’ve always assumed it’s the managers struggling to get the best out of him at man u.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:00 PM

Kevin

Did you get my link from last night?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM

MP

Same. Potter’s only had a few seasons managing in England and he’s improving all the time as he gets more experience, and already at Bruce’s level for me. The more experience he gets, the more he’ll grow.

Bruce has 20+ years experience in the top two tiers of English football and has never shown he’s cut out for a job in the prem for me. The fact that we are all surprised he didn’t get us relegated says a lot, and the standard of football we’ve seen this season punctuates that point.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Tackle

I did mate. Was I supposed to be intimidated?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:23 PM

Oh bluddy eck I missed the bus by a country mile there!

• Moonraker15

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:37 PM

Jasper
    I was at that game but can’t remember much about it mainly cos I didn’t see a lot, standing on the Gallowgate with 57,000 in the ground.
    Man U we’re still trying to rebuild and got Daeson from Preston and Albert Quixall from Sheffield Wednesday for a record fee of £45000.
    Was that the year we played Barcelona in a friendly and the famous Luis Suarez was playing?