web analytics

Newcastle Takeover – Premier League Slammed By Pundit

The Premier League is being slammed today by correspondent Noel Whelan, who has talked to the Football Insider in what they call an exclusive.

The owners’ and directors’ test for the Newcastle takeover, led by Ms. Amanda Staveley, started on April 9th so it’s 12 weeks this Thursday!

That’s a long time and surely the Premier League has gathered enough information with which to make their decision?

But apparently not.

Amanda Staveley – leading the takeover

There are cries (demands?) going out from the likes of Alan Shearer and Steve Bruce for some clarity on the situation – so far to no avail.

This is what Whelan, the former Coventry City striker,  said today:

“It has been dragging on too long now,” “It cannot be good for the board or the manager.”

“There is no reason why it should have gone on this long. The test should have been concluded by now.”

“Steve Bruce needs to know where he stands. So does the club, Mike Ashley and everyone else concerned.”

“There is no reason why it should have dragged on this long. Everyone wants it done and dusted so they know where they stand.”

“The Premier League needs to get on with it.”

Most people are wondering what’s going on behind closed doors, so we don’t know whether it’s going to be approved or turned down.

But at least to us, this is showing the Premier League to be indecisive – extremely indecisive.

Make a decision – one way or the other.

Please.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59 AM

I dont think I actually do Mund and I’m pretty sure I’ve said as much before. I have 13 in a row but I’m pretty sure that was beat by somone last year around autumn sometime. Think it’s around 15 or 17 in a row, cant remember.

But I could definitely have beaten it the last time I tried a week or two ago, but I thought it would be classier to just let it go tbh.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM

GP

The proposed sale of Newcastle has been ongoing for 12 years now. So when he says “I want this to be concluded soon” there is every chance he is telling Ashley to get on with selling up, or that he wants Ash to announce that there is no takeover going on currently. I just don’t buy it that nobody has offered him a decent amount for the club in 12 years, and it’s still a profitable bsuiness that gives him free advertising and has grown in value steadily. It seems fairly wise to consider the possibility that he does not want to sell at all, and if he doesn’t want to sell he doesn’t have to. No other sale of literally anything takes that long in any walk of life.

• Northumbrian

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM

Mund I still think he’s a PR,shill infiltrator employed by a human rights organization.

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM

northumbrian … re: optimistic

yeah mate its banned as its not plant based … 😀

• fairscup

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM

“Concluded soon” you can’t conclude a process that hasn’t been started SO STFU vegan.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:01 PM

Northumbrian

Aye you might be bang on there didn’t think of that one

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:49 AM

GT

I definitely do want it to happen mate. I’ve wanted us sold for years. I’m just highly sceptical of all the lies.

BUT NO YOUR OWN

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM

SOUTHAMPTON’S takeover took 8 months …

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:04 PM

Munster

You missed my point mate. I’m saying don’t have a go at me for posting things that aren’t footy related and then do it yourself. I have no issue with anyone doing the “first…second…third” thing, but if you’re going to do it don’t also play the “this is a football blog” card when it suits you.

• fairscup

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:04 PM

I think someone must be paying him or them as they may be working shifts.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:05 PM

Haha best line ever with the conclude shortly

He might be telling Ashley to get a move on and sell the club haha

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:05 PM

What did the Hyena take on it’s flight?
    A Carrion Bag.

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:06 PM

One day at the watering hole, an elephant looked around and carefully
    surveyed the turtles in view.
    After a few seconds thought, he walked over to one turtle, raised his
    foot, and KICKED the turtle as far as he could. (Nearly a mile)
    A watching hyena asked the elephant why he did it?r> “Well, about 30 years ago I was walking through a stream and a turtle
    bit my foot. Finally I found the S.O.B and repaid him for what he had
    done to me.”
    “30 years!!! And you remembered…But HOW???”
    “I have turtle recall.”

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:07 PM

Northunbrian

Have I even mentioned human rights once on this blog? I’ve talked more about animal rights mate!

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:07 PM

sorry about the jokes jail made me do them 😀
    I was brought up in the wild by a pack of hyenas.
    Times were hard, food was scarce, but we had some great laughs.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:10 PM

This is what I mean about reading between the lines. How many of you think I’m tony baloney because of a guess? People thought I was in Exeter and Plymouth because they didn’t actually read what I said properly, others thought I was saying I expected us to lose to Bournemouth when I was actually saying “we don’t play tomorrow night”, and so on. All of us can be guilty of reading what we want to read, not what is written.

• Swanny

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:11 PM

geordietom

Everything’s good cobber !

Conclude shortly……….we’re gonna have a party……#when Ashley leaves the club#

Respect

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:11 PM

Bus..

• magicmac54

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Well said Noe Whelan we need as much pressure as possible put on the premier league, i think Noel Whelan used to play for Ireland, its went on far to long we need an answer one way or another to plan for the future. HWTL

• lesh

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Mund

@13

And how will Jib fill his time when he’s got no Ashley to support?

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:27 PM

Jail you tossa. I never played a victim card here. Dickheads like you interpreted my annoyance at some awful Irish stereotyping as playing a victim card. I stand over that, and always have. In the real world some of the crap that was said would get people in court. Stick to talking about lightbulbs instead of calling me a bully. Rich coming from you, who has harassed people on here non stop for years.

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:04 PM

Munster

Kev, there is a big difference between playing 1 2 3 and winding up half the blog with cocky denials re a process we all believe is happening etc.

My last point on it, lets not argue about it.