web analytics

Richard Masters Talks About The Newcastle Takeover – Sometimes Things Get Complicated

We were not left too enthralled after reading Mark Douglas’ piece in the Chronicle this morning on the Southampton takeover back in 2017.

That also dragged on in the owners’ and directors’ test like Newcastle’s takeover is doing at the moment.

The Saints one was initially turned down but then was then approved on appeal, with a few changes made about who the owners would be.

It took eight months!

We surely cannot wait that long at Newcastle to see if this takeover is either rejected or backed by the Premier League?

There’s not much new news as the days and weeks pass by, and this thing has gone on far too long.

But Premier League CEO Richard Masters (shown above) has talked to MPs about the takeover – well, sort of – he says he cannot talk about it.

This is what he said as reported in the Chronicle:

“We can’t provide a running commentary on things and, as I said, I just can’t talk about the specifics of this particular process,”

“There are legal requirements in place that need to be observed.”

I do appreciate that uncertainty, I cannot comment in terms of timing or the specifics on any particular takeover.”

“But in a perfect world, takeovers would happen cleanly, clearly and in a timely fashion.”

“Sometimes, things get complicated.”

So there you have it.

An update on the Newcastle takeover with very little new details revealed.

So what’s new?

This is getting very frustrating for Newcastle fans everywhere, and even for people in the game and affected by it.

Like Newcastle manager Steve Bruce, for example, who would like to know where he will be, come September.

We’ve given up forecasting when this thing could come to a decision – next January, perhaps?

🙁

If this thing is finally rejected, that will not be good.

And that’s also a huge understatement.

🙁

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:26 AM

There again maybe its negative ffs who knows.

All I know is that I want us to stop playing 75 men behind the ball v Man City

Imagine if we got taken over and spent 70mill on Traore.

Him and St Max , feel the fear !!!

• the crown princes nashers

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:26 AM

put it this way masters, you know we detest the ground mikey boy walks on but if this deal doesnt go ahead the PL will get it right in the neck from the whole of tyneside, just imagine this masters all your beloved top 6 coming to st james park and the amount of abuse they will get will be on the same par as what happened in the 60s and 70s this the PL doesnt want, I am starting to detest the PL more then mikey boy at the minute

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:27 AM

Northumbrian

Haha aye mate we should have a plank on top tier and make any doubters walk it

• magpie6699

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:27 AM

That Scots guy gets on my wick! Obnoxious arrogant hypocrite – presumably using Facebook and filling his car with petrol. Not to mention watching Disney etc.! What’s in it for him, I wonder.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM

I have to say I’m with SuperShearer on this one. Seems to me like you all avoiding engaging him in favour of just calling me and toon22 out instead. I can’t imagine why. Vendetta much? You already had somebody here who was offering a different opinion and you all just ingored it in favour of calling me and Toon22 out.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM

I wonder why

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM

the SNP guy doesnt know the difference between the EFL and EPL either, mentioning Louis tomlinson’s case even thought it had nothing to do with the EPL.

• Northumbrian

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Carltoon,, Louis Tomlinson tried to buy Doncaster who’ve never been in the prem so they’ve nowt to do with the PL

• IrishRob

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Masters is very smart and has never slipped up, he knows everything he wants to say before he says it. Hes making it appear like slip ups just to cover his back while trying to give as much info as he legally can, because hes getting pissd off that he cant say anything about it.

But I have no doubt he knows EXACTLY what hes saying before he says it.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Anyone think there’s a chance that Masters is actually making a statement to MA when he says “we hope for some conclusions soon”? Maybe he’s sick of the way Ashley has treated us after a decade of the fans demanding he goes while says he is “trying to sell the club” (or pretending). Who knows? It could be taken in any number of ways.

• Northumbrian

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:32 AM

GP,,nearly snap..

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Haha I knew the vegan would spin it into nonsense

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Kevin stop playing the innocent. You have joined a blog where 95% want this to happen and you have spent hours trying to look like a Barrister claiming there is no evidence m’lud , even though a process like this isnt one that can offer evidence easily.

You’ve never been to NUFC. I dont think you have been to the north east ( maybe once) and i dont know if you go to away grounds with the absolutely magnificent nufc away fans……and you tell us you gave up whatever italian club you liked and basically joined in suppurting nufc when we began an upward curve?

And then you claim we are calling out you ….and an UTTER BUFFOON like the Frog, who has been a nisance on this blog for ages.

Give yer head a shake fella, you’re being a bit ridiculous.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Northumbrian

Pretty sure it’s the exact same test mate. Teams in lower leagues can get promoted to the prem so I can’t see that they would have different criteria for lower-league teams as you would potentially then find yourself in a position where teams are promoted under owners that would fail a different O+D test.

• Munster Mag

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Rob , said same, i thought Masters was impressive.

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM

What he is saying the EFL make the decision not the Premier league

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Munster

I was a fickle child mate what can I say? I love Newcastle now though. Isn’t that good enough for you?

Actually don’t bother answering that. It’s good enoigh for me so that’s all that matters.

And by the way, the nearest away ground to me is still over 3 hours away…

• carltoon

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Ah yes I do remember him trying to buy a club! That was a few years ago. Of course it was an lower league team. What about the graphic details of the murder in the Embassy?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Mund

I read it exactly the same way Ed did mate. It doesn’t tell us anything new. Would you also say Ed is “spinning it to nonsense”?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:37 AM

The FAPL board make the decision

• Northumbrian

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:37 AM

Thank you Mund I’d rather answer you than a protagonist.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM

GT

Yes tobacco is plant-based mate

• Mund

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Vegan everybody knew the answer you would give lol

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:41 AM

Northumbrian

Protagonist? So your saying it IS my blog?

• geordietom

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:47 AM

kev …

howay man lighten up , they way people on here are looking at is that you dont want it to happen , stop wanting to know the in’s and outs of a fart …

are you a member of the Politburo …

• Alems1983

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:49 AM

The guy asking the questions:
    He says MBS has been ‘implicated’ not charged or convicted.
    All the delay is that fans of other clubs are just pure jealous and they don’t want us to disturb the cosy little tea party at the top of the premiership.
    The best thing is all these clubs that have been taken over ie, Man City, PSG etc are the ones enforcing FFP now. As they don’t want other clubs to catch them now lol.
    The whole FA and owners of the big clubs in place have an absolute monopoly of everything that happens.
    Louis Tomlinson would never pass a test as he would have to provide proof of funds and ensure the club wouldn’t go bankrupt. Which he couldn’t.

This test is a legal test not a moral one.

• bill

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:26 PM

I rarely look at KV posts as l smell a rat, not a frog.