web analytics

Gayle, Krafth, And Saint-Maximin All Start At Bournemouth

Here is the team Steve Bruce has selected for this evening’s match at Bournemouth. It has six changes from Manchester City.

Bruce has pulled some surprises in his selection. It looks like he’ll have Javier Manquillo in at left-back to give Danny Rose a needed break.

Nabil Bentaleb also comes in for Isaac Hayden with Sean Longstaff retaining his place in what looks to be a three-man midfield.

Bruce has kept Allan Saint-Maximin in the team, which will be four straight starts in eleven days. That’s also the case for center-backs Jamaal Lascelles and Federico Fernandez.

We suppose Dwight Gayle will be leading the line and Joelinton will be on the right. It’s very harsh on Valentino Lazaro, who has yet to start since the league resumed.

Here is the team Eddie Howe has picked for the hosts.

Newcastle haven’t played too well in the last two matches after a wondrous display against Sheffield. However, we’re still on a four-game unbeaten streak in the league.

A result today will have Newcastle break the 40 point barrier. Three points and we’ll climb at least one spot into 13th.

It’ll be a battle against struggling Bournemouth side that haven’t tasted victory since February 1st. They’ve also lost their last three.

The Cherries are desperate to get some points on the board to try to climb out of the relegation places. However, we hope the team Bruce has selected will be enough to get a result tonight.

Howay The Lads!

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:15 PM

pe he’s playing shelvey and not Longstaff as an attacking midfielder
    LongstAff is clueless in that role unless it’s against low level opponents like oxford

• AncientC

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:16 PM

I am guessing it’s 4-2-3-1 with Longstaff pushed up. Getting Longstaff closer to goal is exactly what the Dr ordered.

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Hope he’s playing shelvey and not Longstaff as an attacking midfielder

• simon376

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:17 PM

Online

Yeah I remember the coach and always hoped he would come in to help out

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:18 PM

Longstaff doesn’t have the guile to play close to goal
    Bruce plying him there is testimony to his stupidity

• IrishRob

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:18 PM

I’d say myself it’s going to be Joe on left, maxi on right, Gayle up front and Longstaff playing AM

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:19 PM

Than line up isn’t filling me with hope. Are we even trying to win this?

• Jib

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:19 PM

toonbrother
    stop talking shite
    Sean is perfectly good with late runs
    B’mouth playing 4 – 4 – 2 could find themselves
    overrun with Jonjo’s passing

• IrishRob

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:21 PM

Longstaff always looks most dangerous in AM where he has a chance to score. I bet any money hes starting in AM.

• Obafan

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:21 PM

Longstaff game over even before it started. What do they see in him I cannot understand it at all.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM

Looks a very clear switch to 433, unless Longstaff is slotting into the hole.

Interesting to see how it works

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM

What a surprise King ” fit to play” – how many times do clubs tell porkies then lo and behold the player has a miraculous recovery.

• IrishRob

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM

Toon brother couldn’t disagree with you more but I’m respectful of your opinion. Let’s just hope whoever is playing there has a good game.

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM

Jib the lowlife Scum
    Who spends is every waking moment trolling a blog he doesn’t own for attention
    Why don’t u do everyone a favour a shut the hell up
    Especially When your intellectual superiors are speaking
    You never know you might learn something for once

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:23 PM

Anyone noticed that the Government are proposing radical changes to Planning Laws that will allow the conversion of retail units into accommodation in city centres and retail parks.

Ashley may have been buying up retail brands but with that he’s acquired huge amounts of floor space so coming soon to an Estate Agent near you, Flat 7 c/o Debenhams, the Metro Centre or something a bit more exclusive a fabulous Penthouse Apartment at Fenwicks, Northumberland Street.

All very handy for your take always, nail bars and cinema.
    Might not be so good if you neighbours are Sports Direct but hey you can be first for those bargain Donnay socks and shell suits.

You need cash to buy these properties and cash to pay the builders to convert them, but there be gold in them there shops. £300 million starts the ball rolling.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM

Going to be tough game. Can’t see us winning after the appalling display against City.

Bournemouth 1 Newcastle 0

• Jib

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM

Just to confirm
    Everyone knows this game is free on Pick ?

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM

I have a feeling we’ll be playing a DM rather than a CAM with that line up and playing for the point. One of those “hope I’m wrong” things again but I can’t see that this is going to be our “go at them” team.

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:26 PM

am expecting Cherries to stuff the midfield with 5 should be fun this HWTL

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:26 PM

@irishrob thanks for your opinion
    My view is Longstaff doesn’t have the skillset to play that role
    He gets dispossessed easily when he receives the ball in attacking midfield areas and doesn’t tend to play short incisive passes .
    He prefers long range sweeping passes.
    Happy to be proven wrong though 😉

• Tackle from behind

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:26 PM

Should be shackles off for this game, go all out for the win.

We win this and we are 1 win from guaranteed safety, but would likely be safe anyway, the bottom 2 would have to win all their games – not happening.

If we lose, no problem, we will stay tight for the remaining games.

Just go for it lads….

• Jib

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:28 PM

toonbrother
    Gee I’m sorry
    I didn’t realise I was addressing a tough guy
    😛

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:29 PM

Surprised to see St Max start, thought he might have got a rest. I guess this is seens as very winnable, given Bournemouths season, so use him to go for it.

Rose out is a surprise, I thought he played very well against City, but rotation is going to be important, so possibly understandable.

• IrishRob

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:29 PM

I think it’s a very decent team hes put out and it looks like hes setting up to win the midfield, cant seem him bothering to do that unless hes going for it. There could be a few goals in this one for both sides.

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:30 PM

BBC HEADLINE
    “Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester in action” – that covers three of the four matches being played tonight so looks like Bournemouth and Newcastle game isn’t important to the BBC.

Stop paying your licence. Demand equality.

• Harrogate mag

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:31 PM

Was in the bath earlier and the missus shouts up..mag darling..Steve and Sandra are here..do you fancy a foursome …do I..isaid to myself..that Sandra yeah would tackle that like..splash of old spice and a bit of talc and ran down stairs naked…..there all stood there with tennis rackets

• Mister Tuff

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM

Official site says it’s 4-3-3.

3 – 0 to the Toon.

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM

Lil

he looked shot the other day I thought he would have been on the bench and maybe get 30

• Jib

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:33 PM

I hope Chelsea give West Ham a good scudding

• Insh'Allah

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:33 PM

lochinver, Frasers/Debenhams etal rarely own the buildings they’re based in.

Anyone outside the UK, take your pic

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:33 PM

Jib I too am sorry
    sorry your worthless life is so pathetic you need the attention of men online to feel validated
    I Actually feel bad for you
    Maybe try drinking cyanide
    I wont waste anymore time reading your worthless posts

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:34 PM

Smaxi that is

• swinaz69

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:34 PM

This sums up SB, clueless! Is he actually a coach/manager? He IS the worst man I’ve ever seen involved professional football……. that includes carver who was an abomination! SB is the Dianne Abbot of the premier league. I despair I really do!

• Jib

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:34 PM

Mister Tuff
    I hope you maintain your prediction success

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:34 PM

KV,
    Who would be sitting there? I would say Sean is more likely to sit or play as the attacking mid. It could be either, but Bruce has used Sean in the AM role before, and it is where he featured most on loan.

Krafth and Manquillo is probably our most defensive full back set up without Dummet, so for me he is setting up more solid at the back to allow greater intent in midfield.

I think it is quite an interesting lineup, and one not many would have predicted. A winning one? Depends how much they have worked on it, and how we approach the game wothin the formation.

• Our Toon

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:36 PM

I’d prefer to see longstaff in the AM role over shelvey, tbh I’ve ran out of patience with shelvey, shelvey should by now be dictating our play in midfield, however he’s not improved at all. I hate blasting our own players but I’ve given him enough chances.

Now come on shelvey, nothing would make me happier than for you to make me eat those words with a worldy performance tonight!!

• kc2012

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:36 PM

Krafth being in that starting 11 doesn’t really suggest we’re even trying to win this game. Don’t like slating players but he really doesn’t look like he’s capable of playing in league one.

We look safe enough but why not try finishing as high as possible considering we basically gave up in the FA Cup 10 minutes into the 2nd half.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:36 PM

Dave,
    Assumed you meant St Max. I think we will probably see him replaced by Almiron regardless of how the match is going, and then roles reversed next game. Especially if we win.

• Toonces

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:37 PM

Think I would have started Yedlin over Krafth. Think Krafth is too slow. All the same hope he has a good game.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:38 PM

Tackle

Can’t be sure but I think Dennis twice would advocate an attacking approach. It’s just a guess though.

Well bruce finally went to a back 4 and if he’s now finally gone 433 happy days