web analytics

NUST Did The Right Thing In Writing To The Premier League – And Being Ultra Professional

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) have done the appropriate thing in writing to the Premier League about the long-standing takeover attempt by the Ms. Amanda Staveley consortium, which includes 80% financing from the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund.

They have let it be known to CEO Richard Masters that in their poll, 97% of fans approve of the takeover.

This will clearly let it be known to those in power at the league that our fans are overwhelmingly united behind the Amanda Stavley consortium.

If successful, it will also rid us of current owner Mike Ashley, whose reign has been an absolute disaster for the club over the last 13 long years of suffering, disappointment, and frustration.

Amanda’s consortium have the same ambitions and desires of Newcastle fans everywhere (around the world) and want to make Newcastle United FC into one of the best clubs and teams in the world.

And why not, given we already have some of the best and most passionate fans in the world.

Newcastle United will become a force to be reckoned with in football, if this takeover is successful, make no mistake about that.

Premier League CEO Richard Masters – has acknowledged receipt of NUST letter

Here’s a letter from the NUST to the Newcastle fans on what they have done and why:

“In our last member update, we explained that we had instructed legal counsel to write to the Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Masters, on behalf of our members in support of the takeover.

“Through our legal counsel, we have now received a letter from Richard Masters acknowledging receipt of our letter.

“The Premier League is unable to comment on a confidential process, but it is reassuring to receive this acknowledgment of receipt of the arguments we presented to the Premier League, which included making them aware that 97% of our members are in favor of this prospective takeover being approved.

“In discussion with our legal counsel, it has been agreed that our letter to the Premier League, and Richard Master’s response, should remain private at this stage.

“This is for a number of reasons, including legal privilege, but also because we wrote to the Premier League to stand up for our members and to give them a voice in this protracted takeover into what is a private process, as the Premier League have stated numerous times.

“This was not a PR stunt and indeed we refused numerous requests from journalists for a copy of our initial letter.

“In light of clear attempts by other thirds parties to influence the takeover in favor of a refusal, we engaged legal counsel in a serious and meaningful manner to stand up for the view of the majority of our members.”

They have also received a formal response from Richard Masters and they are right in keeping the communications private – so that all looks good.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Jesus Masters gets smarmier every time you look at him!!

#CANS

• G

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:36 AM

@1, yes, he has a very ‘punchable’ face on him.

• griff

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:41 AM

I’m with G. After a tense 40 minutes, NUFC scores. The Cherries extend in the second half and NUFC romp it home. All because a little bird has told them today that we are about to move from a big club to a mega club!

Or we slip on a banana peel. And injure ourselves. That is the NUFC I know! 🙂

• phy

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:42 AM

Just a thought. Imagine if it was passed and we are taking this all out on the premier league whilst he is taking the flack for the announcement being delayed. How pissed off would you be, he definitely got during his last interview. Maybe, just maybe…

• Mund

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:44 AM

phy

That’s an interesting point. You would defo be pissed off and he didn’t seem to happy about it. But who knows…

• RobLeenio

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Mund, I only jinx us when I give a score prediction – ask Carltoon, she keeps me right when I stray from my ways.

😉

Just being realistic – this is exactly the kind of match we’ve struggled with recently and we’re also coming off the back of a hard match vs Man City where the lads were chasing their tails – they’ll be knackered.

If we get a draw I’ll be happy, a win of any kind and I’ll be delighted.

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:45 AM

I doubt very much that Masters would tell NUST more than he would divulge before a Select Committee

• Menorca mag

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Question: 4 letter word ending in IT,( can be found at the bottom of a bird cage)

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:47 AM

grit..

• phy

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Menorca – Brit my budgie who sadly fell off his perch and broke his neck

• Mund

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Robleenio

I meant the jinx of saying watch tonight be that night! When saying there will be a resurgence

All good tho I was jk and I know it’s normally a tough place to go and only recently went from
    1-1 to 1-3 don’t ask me why tho

• RobLeenio

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:49 AM

NUST have been getting pelters on Twitter for not disclosing what they wrote and the response from the Premier League to their members.

Honestly, I’d rather they did the right thing in this, rather than grandstanding and playing to the galleries. If they can work behind the scenes and influence things quietly, rather than beating a drum and riling up the radgies then that’s probably the right thing for them to do.

We need a non-fantical interface between fans and the club and any other relevant bodies and I think the NUST have always provided that.

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Menorca,, grit lol.

• Menorca mag

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Answer: Grit. (wonder how many got it wrong eh)

• Frank pingles come sock

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Match prediction 2-2

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:53 AM

Pray, pray evil away, let this be day 1

• Novocastrian66

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:53 AM

I thought Masters was steaming when questioned by Nicolson. It was quite clear Nicolson was playing up to the gallery and loving his 5 minutes of infamy. Typical SNP full of themselves. Blackwood is the same at PMQ’s. He cannot ask a sensible question and it’s look at me. Who important am I?

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:54 AM

I originally said 2-1 win but seeing the possible team sheet I’m going for 0-0.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Question: 4 letter word ending in IT,( can be found next to the bottom of a bird )

• Dragon64

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:54 AM

bloke hasn’t got a clue total waste of time get it done quickly Masters #cans

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Novo, if I was him I wouldn’t accept an invite to the Saudi embassy any time soon.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Phy

I got the impression he was mostly just frustrated because the MPs wouldn’t listen when he repeatedly told them he couldn’t pass comment and was bound by an NDA which they weren’t respecting in the slightest. They were acting like media gossip hounds looking for their “scoop”, presumably so they could claim their 15 minutes of fame and raise their profile as a public figure.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Captain Amerimag

Yes Masters is very smarmy looking.

On another subject I’ve always thought of myself as very open minded and liberal, not like my parents generation, ie right wing, racist, sexist, homophobic and every other prejudice going at the time. However, maybe it’s me being nearly 60 but I do find I still have a little bit of difficulty when gay guys refer to their partner as their ”husband” and equally lesbians to their partners as their ”wives”. A few years down the line probably won’t think anything of it but just at the moment I still do a double take sometimes. Not in a prejudiced way, more just…well I don’t know what really. Can’t really explain.

• cleveleysbob

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Lesh, (and I apologise in advance to all other bloggers, this was a football issue when I first mentioned it). Please explain to me how you think it’s OK to tell an ethnic minority person, from the outset, that (as they’re different) they can get a “leg up” by guaranteeing 6 x places per year on a scheme for coaches etc? – Where in Gods name is there equality in that proposal?

You’re in fact letting them know they are different, even suggesting they are not good enough so need help!! – FFS only the left can think this form of virtue signalling is helpful to race relations, when in fact it does the exact opposite and you’ve got the cheek to “suggest” that I’m the racist between us, as Jib or Jail would say, “give your head a shake man”.

This is a preposterous proposal by the FA, and everyone’s jumping on the “aren’t we good” bandwagon. Numpties!

• Australian Pie

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:58 AM

Match prediction

2-0 NUFC

Shelvey, AC

• cleveleysbob

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:59 AM

Sorry about the rant guys, had to get that off my chest. I’ll go back to last night and start to play “catch up” now. Back before kick off I hope 🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:59 AM

Novo,

You beat me to it. I completely agree, I thought he was just angry at the sad little politician trying to feel more relevant in a world that doesn’t give two hoots about him. He came across as a minor player trying to muscle his way onto the big stage, and showing a complete disregard for the legal processes involved. Shameful behaviour for a politician, but let’s face it, that’s par for the course with contemporary politics.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:03 PM

It is now October the 2nd and the Premiership season 2020-21 starts on Saturday and Newcastle United are still in limbo with the Premiership still to make a decision on the takeover.
    Newcastle go into the new season with no major signings and Mike Ashley not willing to spend as he does not know if and when the club will be sold

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:03 PM

That mp might have done us a favour.
    Masters might have finished the inquest and told the prem solicitors for Christ sake pass them for the sale I’m sick of getting abuse from all sides.

• martoon

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:03 PM

RobLeenio @12 – I can’t agree – I just don’t see what could be so secret in the letter they wrote that can’t be made public and surely Masters reply would have just been the normal non-committal, confidentiality bollix that he’s used to every other question!

• cleveleysbob

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:15 PM

OK , caught up quicker than I thought, multiple skimming going on. Lesh, I apologise to you too, but you obviously misinterpreted my original post and suggestions that I’m racist make my blood boil. You don’t know me or my background, but my Dad was unfortunately a racist bigot, and this created a wedge between us that was never healed before he died. We never spoke in the last 5 years prior to that, so it has become a sensitive issue for me.

On a lighter note I hearted a couple more of your comments last night and liked your John Lennon joke.

• Moonraker15

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:16 PM

Rotunda @23
    I’m of a similar opinion to you re same sex marriages, which is further complicated when heterosexual couples often refer to “their partner” !
    It is amazing to me just how many gay or lesbian people there are. Must have been a lot of frustrated people when we were kids!

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:17 PM

I think a very easy win tonight, Bournemouth minus pretty much all their strikers even though they were hardly prolific in any case. Could be 2 or 3 – 1 to us.

Jib

Joe hart seemed to go to pot when he started doing those head and shoulders ads and his hair started thinning out.

KV

With respect, not quite sure you would have made it as journo. Spelling needs a bit of work and Ron Knee will back me up on this, ie it’s speech, not speach and conquer, not conquor. Then again, standard of journalism these days, it may not have been an issue.

• cleveleysbob

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Martoon, maybe, he confirmed that they do actually have deal/test underway, but admitting that would prevent KV from arguing to the contrary 😉

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:21 PM

Moonraker

10% of the population apparently. As I say I’m in no way homophobic, before the vegan starts but it just takes a bit of getting used to being introduced to a bloke’s husband or a gal’s wife.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:24 PM

Charlie

pretty sure it’s the first as I proudly piched and punched my good lady and no return this morning.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:25 PM

sorry charlie, must get new specs!!

• martoon

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Rotonda @36 – It’s not October either – I think Charlie was making an ironic prediction of the future.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Rotonda,

Thanks for that, “speach” was an absolute howler. I even had speech written originally then second-guessed myself. Silly me, should have trusted my subconscious!

Spelling is not much of an issue in that world, though. Being able to extract information from sources, find human interest angles and write good copy are the priorities. Spellings are the easiest thing for a half-decent editor to put right, and misspelled words will come up on a spellchecker in word documents anyway. I’m sloppy here and never proof-read my posts or check when I have doubts (as I did with “speech/speach) because I assume people will get the gist anyway. I never got essays back from uni with more than one or two spelling errors every 1000 words or so (although my grammar leaves a little more to be desired).

Either way, it’s very different writing blog posts on my phone to typing out professional copy on a computer…

• Mad Frog Boom 22