web analytics

Pundit Predicts Defeat For Newcastle Against The Cherries

Newcastle play Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium tonight, with the Cherries fighting for their lives in 3rd bottom place of the league table.

They are level on points and games with West Ham but have a goal difference, which is two goals inferior to that of the Hammers.

So it’s very tight at the bottom of the league table, and it seems that any three of five teams can be relegated.

So it’s a vital game for Bournemouth and a tough game for Newcastle, and we will do very well if we can win this game and reach safety on 42 points.

A straw will also get us to safety on 40 points, but Steve Bruce and the lads will want the win so we can get a high as possible in the league table.

Former Arsenal and Celtic striker Charlie Nicholas

There will be no slackness or complacency in the Newcastle team because they will be trying to make their case to stay on board at the club should Amanda Staveley’s long-running takeover be finally  OKd by the Premier League – at some time in the future.

Next year maybe?

🙂

Pundit Charlie Nicholas, the former Celtic and Arsenal striker,  had this to say on Sky Sports about the likely result, and it’s a little surprising given his logic:

“Newcastle have been ever so good with what Steve Bruce has done.”

“They did get a reality check against Manchester City and tried to squeeze them. Dwight Gayle missed the chance at 0-1 and that was unfortunate, but they will take pride from the way they performed and defended.”

“Bournemouth will be open and have to go after it. Brighton have created a gap, but what does a draw do for Bournemouth now? They have awkward games coming up too.”

“I think Bournemouth will edge it. “

“You keep looking at the bottom lot and no teams are getting anywhere, but because of what is happening at Watford and West Ham, Bournemouth will know they cannot keep passing up these opportunities.”

Prediction 2-1.

The majority of Newcastle fans think we can win this game.

How Will Newcastle Do At Bournemouth On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Insh'Allah

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:10 AM

Yay! First!

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:13 AM

Nicholas is a part, hardly ever tips the toon to win.

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Prat ,,,

• giimps

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:14 AM

I would take a draw to drop wet spam in the brown stuff

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:16 AM

All Toon-prayers, now once more pray, pray evil away let this be our day, day 1.
    #Miracles of Saint James

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:16 AM

“CANS” …. Oh no, not again

• martoon

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:17 AM

Without their 2 main strikers this really is a game we should be able to win (however I suspect King will pass a late fitness test as they need him). Our defence should be able to contain them and they have conceded a lot of goals so even our strike force should be able to have some success – but this is nufc and nothing is certain.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:17 AM

I pray and take new owners, i take em` all

• Frank pingles come sock

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:17 AM

9th ….

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM

Bournemouth only have one win in their last 10 PL outings, a 2-1 win at home to villa before the break in play. We really should be beating teams like this if we’re going to compete next season, especially with their top scorer out.

• Northumbrian

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM

I see Ryan Fraser has been linked with us again.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM

This is Nufc and takeover is certain! With god we can not lose this.

• RobLeenio

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:19 AM

I agree with those saying it could be a tough match tonight, it’s one of those that we’ve struggled to handle in recent seasons – think Fulham at home last season, Brighton home or away over the last three seasons.

Also, I don’t think that Bournemouth are as bad as they have been pretending to be. I think they’ll come good at some point and escape relegation. Just watch tonight be the turning point.

That said, I obviously hope I’m wrong and Miggy gets back to some form, providing a couple of assists for Joe.

I think ASM will be rested and may get a run out in the 2nd half if needed.

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:20 AM

I think The Cherries are lacking confidence so I fancy a 2-1 win for us tonight… But it won’t be easy

• DaveD1000

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM

2-0 to us is the feeling in me water

• RobLeenio

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:25 AM

As for Freddie Woodman, his contract runs till next Summer and I think he’ll either be number behind Dubs next season with Darlow allowed to leave, or he’ll be sent back on loan to Swansea City who look like they’ll miss out on the play-offs at this point. I doubt we’ll sell him.

Is another season in the Champo a good option for him to progress his game, rather than sitting on a bench at NUFC waiting for his chance? Probably.

• Mund

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Robleenio

i hope you haven’t jinxed us there mate

• G

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:34 AM

I have a feeling we will win this one comfortably tonight. If we win by 5 clear goals we could leapfrog Palace into 11th, right behind Arsenal.

• Mund

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:35 AM

G thats more than ambitious

• G

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Mund, I’m not saying we will (although I’m not against it!), I’m saying we could.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:36 AM

DaveD

I thought 2-1 originally, then looked back through their fixtures since Jan and they’ve really struggled. Lost 3-0 at home to Watford, lost 4-0 away at west ham, lost 3-0 away to Burnley. They have a better record against bigger sides (not losing as heavily…) so it seems like they are very open to leaking goals when they try to go toe-to-toe in games they think they can take points from.

They’ll have to go for the 3 points tonight. When you look at their remaining fixtures, they have some tough challenges ahead and they’ll be desparate to put some points on the board at home against another team in the bottom third of the league.

I think we’ll have them. I thought a 2-1 for us was the most likely result initially, but without their main goal threat and with how poor their form has been we could easily see a nice little 2-0 or a 3-0 away win here.

• Mund

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:37 AM

i love your optimism mate let’s hope

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:37 AM

Bus moved

• cornishman

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Matty Longstaff up front, show the chumps how to finish.