web analytics

Report – Newcastle Once Again Linked With Exciting Brazilian

In late December, there was a sensational claim that Newcastle were in talks for Brazilian attacker Everton Soares. The report claimed that Newcastle wanted to bring the winger in on loan in January with a £40m purchase option.

The Chronicle did a follow-up report all but stating the claim was a bit exaggerated. However, they did reveal that Newcastle’s head of scouting, Steve Nickson, had been to Brazil to watch Everton several times.

Sport Witness is now citing a renewed report that Newcastle are tracking the 24-year-old. According to Area Napoli, Newcastle are one of four clubs interested in bringing the flamboyant winger in from Gremio this summer.

The report also reveals that West Brom made a £22.5m bid for Everton, but it was Soares who turned down the move. So this could mean a similar offer from the Magpies could see an agreement reached with Gremio, as long as the player wants the move.

The report in December put Everton’s release clause at around £72m. However, the latest news has clubs Everton, Bayer Leverkusen, and Napoli as Newcastle’s leading contenders for the 24-year-old’s signature.

Since none of Europe’s elites seem to be tracking him, that could be the reason his asking price has been driven down.

Everton had a stellar season for Gremio last year, scoring 15 goals and adding 7 assists. He’s certainly an exciting talent who would add some more flair to the Newcastle attack should this report be an accurate one.

Who Was The Man Of The Match In 4-1 Win At Bournemouth?

View Results

Eighth

• Frank pingles come sock

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Shearer 9

• bettyswallocks

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Lesh……… Yes thanks. Suffering a bit this morning but enjoyed the match and was well lubricated throughout .

• Frank pingles come sock

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:37 AM

10 th.

• archaeomag

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:39 AM

@@bettyswallocks
    Re: coronary chicken shit ~ it’s the meat what does it, just look at kv 😉

• archaeomag

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM

@ED
    ” . put Everton’s release clause at around £72m.” lol

• catchy in norway

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:42 AM

Lesh

At what point will you call out the pro Rafa guys too?

Rob pointed to Bruce doing well because of Rafa.

Where as I am saying its in spite of Rafa, pretty much every fan on here and other sites wanted Bruce to fail.

Bruce is not the long term answer should big money come in, but under these circumstances, Bruce has stepped in when no one wanted it, and smashed it out of the park.

Give him credit because of what he has done himself. He could have easily taken us down and all you lot would be saying, see Rafa worked miracles. He held us back

• Mund

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Stop the bloody players being linked please it’s doing me head in. Get the takeover done and allow us to dream

• Mund

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Catchy

I didn’t want Bruce to fail who would want that? That’s saying we want Newcastle United to fail and that’s ridiculous

• The ledge

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Ye grand catchy move on lad .

• catchy in norway

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Good morning Rob

Yes it’s been a long time, but I do read it from time to time, to much work and real world.

And I never post during any off season, this break has just been an off season break.

I don’t like it when all the articles are, we are in for this player, or this MBS buying us.

I talk about who we have right now as owners or players, no point in anything else.

• lesh

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:49 AM

Catchy

@24

Why’s that addressed to me?

• bettyswallocks

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:50 AM

My hallucinating isn’t getting any better – I thought I saw a sausage fly past my window, but it was actually a seabird.

I think I’ve taken a tern for the wurst…..

• The ledge

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Except ex mangers

• lesh

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Betty’s

That’s what birthdays are for – the hangover being overridden by a good result.

• lesh

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Pat on The Heed

Referencing Sredni Vashtar might be just a bit toooo subtle for some!

• hibbit

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:52 AM

catchy

“I talk about who we have right now as owners or players, no point in anything else”.

now who’s the liar ???

• bettyswallocks

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Agnes called around to visit her old friend Muriel. As they are sat there enjoying a cup of tea Muriel’s Daschunds come into the room, the bitch Millie scoots around the room quickly, looking distressed while the dog Alfie chases her sniffing and licking her rear end. Muriel explains that Millie is ‘in season’ and Alfie seems to want to make puppies.
    “Oh, dear,” says Agnes, “I hope they don’t get up to any of that beastly business while I’m here as I should find it quite upsetting!”
    Muriel replies “Don’t you worry Agnes, if Alfie gets a bit too frisky Millie will just take herself upstairs.”
    Agnes is puzzled and observes “Well surely he’d just follow her up?”
    Muriel chuckles and remarks “He’ll certainly try but have you ever seen a sausage dog with a hard-on trying to climb steps?”

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Getting picky now.

Former England boss Steve McClaren has turned down the opportunity to manage Dundee United.
    The Scottish side will be back in the Premiership next season after winning the Championship, but McClaren has decided against taking charge at Tannadice Park.

• Mund

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:58 AM

Loch

Would of been funny seeing him with a Scottish accent lol to add to his Dutch one

• justthetoonofus

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM

What i don’t get this farcical tragedy from the Premier League and what Caulkin is saying. Master said on Tuesday that it should come to conclusion shortly, however GC is saying the Prem are sending them even more questions. Does all this match up?

• Insh'Allah

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Ha ha, I beat Jib to the ESPN link (previous thread). 5 house points for me!

• Australian Pie

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Still on a high from last night, come back to see no posts from Kevin, next stop Ashley ooooot.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:10 PM

Re – post

Oh catchy

Just can’t help yourself.

I thought the attitude was pretty good when we got promoted as top scorers and champions, finished 10th the next season and were 5th highest in form over the last half of last season. Try and give the obsessive and blinkered hate a break for one day eh.

Instead of endless blustering just accept what you are saying is subjective and to a degree largely inccurate.

• Pat On The Heed

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:13 PM

Lesh – there was me thinking this was the home of Edwardian satire critique!

• scott

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Catchy

I had a feeling you would pop up today!
    All lauding Bruce!

Last night was a terrific performance & result but can you tell me another this season that we have dominated & deserved to win ?
    I can only think of West Ham away & Sheffield Utd home as really good performances the rest have been exactly what you hammered Rafa for, dross lucky points with last gasp winners & remember the things you used to post about playing the newly promoted sides because I remember Norwich & villa ripping us to shreds this season under Bruce but you say he’s done fantastic, no wonder is taken you this long to return!;)

• Swanny

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM

After all that’s been written and spoken about the Takeover, we’re still non the wiser !

Personally I’ve had a gut full of reading online news outlets regurgitating the same tripe, nobody but those directly involved have a clue what’s happening !

I still think the Takeover will eventuate, something’s happening and it has been happening for the last 3month……..I think ?

Frustrated, Anxious and desparate!

Respect

• Boy from the Bay

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM

Yes, Kevin stops posting and Catchy starts posting

Hmmm……

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:20 PM

I see some are still saying we should have tried 433 or 442 earlier in the season…

We did…

And got hammered everytime.

The 541 was drilled into the players over two seasons with Rafa and it’s taken Bruce time on the training pitch and getting the loanees settled in during the pre-restart training to try it again.

Krafth is a perfect example of many fans expecting new players/systems to work instantly the first time they are tried.

Krafth was ridiculed earlier but showed last night that he is a good addition to the squad.

We aren’t playing pub football, we are playing against experienced Prem teams who are well capable of exploiting any weakness in inexperienced players or new systems that players are struggling to adapt to.

Also, Bruce has shown in the last three Prem games that he is not the ‘one trick’ long ball dinosaur that he was painted as.

Good on him, his coaching staff and the team.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:21 PM

catchy, I think we’ll never agree re Rafa, which is fine by me – I’ll not try to convince you of something when I’ll be wasting my virtual breath. Besides, we may as well argue about Pardew, Hughton, Ardilles, Joe Harvey or any of our other past managers – they’ve been and gone.

It’s interesting that we agree on Bruce, however, in terms of how he should be given credit. I was massively disappointed to see Rafa leave, which undoubtedly coloured my opinion of Bruce and the state of the club. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the way he’s handled himself off the pitch and the the team on it, though it’s not been all plain sailing.

The first half vs Man City was the worst half of football I’ve seen from us in a long time. The shape of the team and our play since we switched to a back four has been far more enouraging.

I also think he handles the new substitution regime very well.

• TheJimBelow

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:22 PM

“Smashed it out of the park”

Dear oh dear oh dear……

Wish Catchy would slide back under his rock

• Jib

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Tsunki notable by his absence
    I’m pretty sure he’s not a bot
    Just someone who hates being wrong
    Funny way to support a club , being upset
    because the coach has had some success

1 2 3 8