web analytics

Newcastle At Watford – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team we predicted Steve Bruce will field at Vicarage Road today. It has six changes from the Man City defeat.

Steve Bruce hinted that Miguel Almiron, Jamaal Lascelles, and Allan Saint-Maximin will be available. There could be a shortage in midfield if Jonjo Shelvey is not risked after starting three games in the last week.

Bruce will want to field the strongest side possible to wash away any lingering stains from the Etihad display. However, he still has to proceed with caution over some of our oft-injured stars.

Newcastle Injuries

Florian Lejeune – thigh, Ciaran Clark – ankle, Isaac Hayden – hamstring, Sean Longstaff – hamstring, Allan Saint-Maximin – fatigue (late fitness test), Miguel Almiron – thigh (late fitness test), Jamaal Lascelles – ankle (late fitness test), Andy Carroll – groin (late fitness test)

Watford Injuries

Isaac Success – Achilles, Daryl Janmaat – knee, Gerard Deulofeu – knee

Our poll seems to show that our readers are confident for the most part of a result this afternoon. However, there’s still almost a third of the voters who think we’ll get nothing at Watford.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

We need to see a reaction after Wednesday’s unacceptable performance. Hopefully, the regulars who missed out midweek will be ready to go and we will see a much-improved display.

• jane

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:47 AM

“”it might look VERY embarrassing for you if i end up being right ??””

hibbit knows what it is like to be VERY embarrassed having being wrong about previous takeover attempts that he asserted were definitely going to happen!!!!!

• DaveD1000

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:48 AM

Asi

I have Prime app on TV

• hexhamtoon

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:49 AM

That midfield looks weak

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:50 AM

George Caulkin apparently thinks that “the deal (to buy the club) is genuine”

Excuse me while I lie down in a darkened room.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:51 AM

Messy 1-0 to us I’m thinking.

• lochinvar

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:51 AM

If Matty goes walkabout to join the attack we wont have a midfield

• Paul141726

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:51 AM

Seems like a lot of “semi” walking wounded.
    All the loans getting starts in Neil’s line-up.

• Asi Fish

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:53 AM

Paul, Dave – cheers and enjoy the game.

After research, if I ask Alexa to show me prem games it comes up on the Echo 🙂
    I will watch it in the kitchen with the puppy.

HWTL

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:53 AM

Just hope the lads flip flops have plenty of tread left on them after the citeh game

• Anglo Saxon

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:55 AM

MTB

Think we the fans the City the team have today got to come together and show appreciation to the Charton brothers for that magical moment that will live with us until our dying days. 1966 love and respect lads.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:57 AM

RIP wor Jackie

Gone but never forgotten

• Insh'Allah

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:58 AM

152 minutes to ko.

• Romford mag

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:02 AM

Good morning all 🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:03 AM

Lochinvar

Nice to hear a positive statement from Caulkin. It had been at least 20 minutes since his last one so I had assumed he’d lost all hope.

• hibbit

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:07 AM

here’s the thing Jane you really need to do your homework more thoroughly as i’ve only ever commented on one other take over, and as it happens i’ve since been proven 100% right in everything i posted and now here we are nearly 3 years down the line the same person is buying the club,

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:09 AM

Morning Romford, hope all’s well. How are you feeling about the match? If the few injury doubts are fit I think we’ll give them a good game, they’ll want to attack us to stretch the gap to 18th so I can see there being a few goals in this one. I’m going for a 3-2 win for us 🙂

• awaydays

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:15 AM

anyone else having issues with the blog on a mobile i can’t seem to load anything through my phone on the website

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:18 AM

Hope I don’t speak too soon but apart from that black advert dot I’ve had no bother at all signing in or posting.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:19 AM

Just read today’s transfsr gossip on BBC and it seems like just about every rumour somehow relates to things linked to our club.

One says Chiesa off
    One is about Koulibaly
    One about Coutinho being sold
    One about Chilwell’s move (which was supposed to be helping Danny Rose get his “dream job”)

4 of our alleged targets on the move, but sadly, no mention of any of them coming our way.

• hibbit

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:20 AM

laptop great no problems,
    i phone nothing but problems

• Paul141726

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:20 AM

No problem here either, Jail

• Romford mag

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:20 AM

Morning kv all good here thanks 🙂 if that’s is the line up We are going with ? I’m going with 2 – 1 to us . But then again I’ll take any score as long as we win !

• Paul141726

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:22 AM

KV

I don’t think any of those will be moving here unless new owners arrive.
    Bruce says he has transfers lined up, but will he even be here.
    I think he will, but he may get to set his sights higher in the market.

Here’s hoping.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:25 AM

Romford

I’d like to think we’d win with that group of players out. I hope Neil’s right that we won’t be starting Joelinton again and I think Gayle would do well in front of ASM, Almiron and Lazaro. He should get good service from them and all 4 of them can cause problems for defences when they get going.

• magpie6699

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:26 AM

I don’t understand the optimism about today’s game. Watford are desperate for points and the quality of players they have, they shouldn’t be as low as they are.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:29 AM

KV – as it happens i’ve since been proven 100% right in everything i posted and now here we are nearly 3 years down the line the same person is buying the club,

Proven right??

MBS,. PIF and the Reubens were never mentioned 3 years ago as part of the Staveley consortium – this is a completely different bid.

You really do just make up the ‘facts’ to suit your own agenda.

• GhostToon

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:29 AM

I’m going to be over generous today (not sure why?) and say 2-0 to the toon!

• WLtoon

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Morning all, first of all, R.I.P Jack Charlton, a gentleman of the game and a local lad.

Once again had no time to post last night , well, not til after 1am, so what was the point.

At least there is further proof that at some point there was a takeover attempt by the Saudi,s.

• Paul141726

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:31 AM

Yes, magpie 6699, not going to be a walk in the park.

• Mund

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:31 AM

thereallowickmag

Sorry for late reply just got back from training.

He earned every penny today the little lad but still shocking I have to bribe him 🙂

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:32 AM

Unless Watford turn in a B’mouth type performance – which I doubt with Pearson in charge – I think we’ll need to be well on our game to get a point.

This might be a game where we get our chances on the break as Watford will come gunning for us and not sit back and defend.

If that happens I could see us winning 3-1 or 2-0.

• WLtoon

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:33 AM

I`m off to Tynemouth today with the good lady so any local lads out for a pint give me a shout and i`le pop in to say hello.

• The ledge

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:33 AM

Jail sorry to hear about your Great Aunt my condolences .

• Paul141726

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:33 AM

Mund, might not get the same result without that bribe, lol

• Mund

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:34 AM

RIP Jackie boy

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Paul

I have to say, if we decided to splash the cash on any of the above players but didn’t also decide to bring a top quality manager in to get the best out of them, we’d largely be wasting our money. Getting a top manager in and keeping our talented players should be among our top priorities this summer.

If it’s still Ashley in charge I fear we’re in for a summer of very little transfer activity. His last major forray into the transfer market hasn’t worked out at all as planned and I can see Ash wanting to recoup some money from the £40m he spent on Joelinton before he’d consider buying anyone else.

• GhostToon

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:36 AM

RIP Jackie!

• Mund

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:36 AM

Paul shocking but true mate lol

He is 6 so at development stage but he is a canny player, real quick and on the turn as well. Could be a decent player.

But as you might know with 6 years olds they don’t focus or concentrate as much so a little incentive,!works now and then lol

• GhostToon

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:37 AM

Mund

Forgot to ask last night but who won the poker?

• Munster Mag