web analytics

Takeover Update – Saudis Still Very Determined To Acquire Newcastle – It Could Still Happen – Soon?

It’s a Sunday, so there is some news on the Amanda Stevley takeover effort with the owners and directors test still active, and it has been for just over 100 days now.

George Caulkin said way back the Premier League got the takeover documents on Thursday, April 9th.

But over the last few weeks, things have gone quiet, and that may not be a bad thing.

The Chronicle are reporting on the state of play at the moment, with the summer transfer window about to open a week tomorrow, and that’s one day after the Premier League finally comes to an end.

The Premier League leadership and the clubs themselves have done so well to be able to finish this season.

And the UK seems to have the coronavirus under control, but it still raging over here in the US.

US Sports clubs will have a hard job going forward this summer with their seasons, with 75K new cases a day now, compared to the UK now having less than 1K new cases a day.

PIF Governor – Yasir Al-Rumayyan

The Chronicle report that the would-be owners are not “deterred” by the long wait, caused by the Premier League dragging their feet on the owners’ and directors’ test.

Thye have been in the test around 102 days now and counting.

The Saudis are said to be absolutely determined to be successful with their acquisition of Newcastle United.

So that’s a positive.

There’s nothing really new in the Chronicle report on the takeover today.

But we suppose it’s good news, with the season coming to an end next Sunday, that there could still be a successful end to Amanda Staveley’s takeover attempt.

That would be terrific.

Let’s hope that happens.

Maybe next week?

🙂

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Brighton on Monday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• toon22

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:18 PM

onmeedsun

39 points per season in the prem under the turd
    This is about the 14 th time hes “sold” us

• onmeedsun

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:24 PM

Frog
    Agree the average points are a disgrace.
    I hate Ashley for the damage he’s caused and the infighting that’s led to amongst our fans.
    We’ll have new owners soon and I don’t care if we win nowt.
    I just want to see us compete and bring pride and enjoyment back and have hope every season.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:26 PM

bettyswallocks
    Jul 19, 2020 at 12:24 PM
    In the continuing saga of the unrest between fellow members of the loony far left on the blog, it now appears that Comrade Lesh has become completely hostile towards Comrade Kevin.

Ordering him to find another blog and suggesting that he is only here to cause disruption and to spread his unrealistic militancy suggests that Lesh is definitely moving towards centre left as apposed to his adversary Kevin who appears to be moving even more into extreme loony left territory.

Unless blatant hostility and unacceptable levels of offence can be proven, I personally would never advocate hounding someone
    from the blog , no matter how much of an irritant they become , as new members must be encouraged. However Kevin can undoubtedly be a pain in the proverbial and I would suggest that Lesh as Blog Loony Left Party Leader tries to locate a salt mine somewhere in the Southwest and sentences Kevin to a stint therein to try and balance him out somewhat.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Novo

That’s up to you mate, from my point of view I don’t see any reason he would’ve changed his mind yet. Once we see the club recording a loss I think he’ll sell up, but for now he has healthy profits and free advertising from the club without having to lift a finger. He’s also still been spending on things like Hugo Boss shares, so it doesn’t look like he needs the money.

You might be right, but I’m not sure we have any great reasons to assume he’s going to sell when he never has before.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Ashley’s view and that of his sycophants including Bruce, is that he will have done a good job. Spent prudently. Kept the club in the PL for most of his tenure. Funded promotion drives when relegated. What’s all the fuss about? Newcastle United supporters are deluded if they think they can do anything better.

• Ben Afri

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM

So tired of all the speculation. When there are a lot of reports, the take over could be happening soon. Worse yet, when things go quiet, the takeover could be happening soon. Worse still, nobody gives a crap which players are supposedly linked to us until we know where we stand with the takeover!

My estimation of the way the PL is run has plummeted. I have zero respect for them left. Where was their “investigation” when Ashley sold off land belonging to the club which would have meant extending the stadium?

• Swanny

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:32 PM

People coming to the defence of KV need to give their heads a shake, my opinion and his opinion are the polar opposites, thats
    I honestly take umbrage to cries of bullying, having a verbal disagreement is hardly bullying, I’ve not read any threats, but I have questioned KV foundation of support and his motivation for

• WLtoon

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:32 PM

Afternoon all, hows the bickering gong today ?
    Well i have much better things to do, how about a few bevvy`s with fellow Nufc fans in one of the locals to start off, then maybe a belly busting takeaway to finish things off nicely.

Re the takeover, like Onmeedson said, if it was off we would of heard well before now, it must be still ongoing.
    The last time a takeover failed we found out after a couple of weeks

• toon22

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Novocastrian66

As far as the turds concerned everythings spot on
    Were just say staying in the league, meaning hes spent the minimum
    We exist to advertise his tat and for him to make money from football

Hes getting everything he wants from us

• Swanny

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Dunno what happened there !
    Whoosh………and it’s posted mistakenly.

Waste of time anyhow, bugga it

• Toonces

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:35 PM

If Maitland Niles is indeed looking to leave Arsenal we should try to get him to Newcastle. He can play. Instant upgrade over all of our current full/wing backs, left or right, and we need to upgrade them. He might even be within our means, new owners or not.

• toon22

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:36 PM

WLtoon

Who would make such an announcement ?
    If it was off

The prem never comment
    The turd never comments
    Leaving us with the buyers who wont want to loose face

Whos making this announcement if its off ?

• toon22

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM

But honestly

39 points on average in the prem under the turd is shocking
    He HAS to go, one way or another

• WLtoon

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Arteta seems to be turning it around at Arsenal, could be the new Pep.
    Even if this takeover does happen it will be so hard to make our presence felt in the top 5 or 6 in the short term, the most important thing for me is, at least we will be giving it a go.

• Munster Mag

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Ben afri welcome back. I actually think Masters hasn’t done that bad. He’s stuck in a political fight between two countries and a piracy investigation etc. He is probably trying to screw for a good deal but trying to get KSA and Q to agree on the colour of grass is probably impossible. We are a pawn sadly.

• Jib

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:39 PM

Anyone notice that tonn22’s literary style suddenly got very adult
    about 11.30pm last night ?

• Ben Afri

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Munster Mag

Thanks mate. Yeah, when I’m bring completely logical, I I agree with you. As I’ve said before, this is much bigger than football and Masters, as you rightly said, is stuck in the middle of an international battle.

I know you’re right, I think I just felt like being a big baby. But thanks for reminding me that there are enough of those out there lol

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Toon22

From your list, i think it averages out at 44 not 39.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Swanny

I’ve never accused anyone of bullying just for having a disagreement. When people start insulting me, trying to make me feel unwelcome or turn others against me, that is bullying.

• WLtoon

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Toon 222

Your answer is with the one journo who is supposedly close to Staveley.
    I would assume if he is in regular contact with her as a lot of posters suggest, he would find out soon enough.
    Then what, would he keep it to himself?
    We found out in very short time through whatever sources that the last takeover had failed, i can`t see this one being any different

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:45 PM

please dont FEED the worm oops meant wum ….

• WLtoon

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:47 PM

Munster@15,

In that case, if the Saudi`s and Q are stuck in an impossible stand off then this deal is dead, That is what you are saying right?

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:50 PM

Toon22

43 45 44 37 39 49
    41 65 46 34 43 43

those are the 12 points finishes in the PL from your list which equal 529.
    divide by 12 and the answer is 44.08 points per season.

The issue with you is that you happily make up stuff and peddle fake news to suit your agenda that any valid point you make is lost amongst the sheer volume of nonsense.

• Mund

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:53 PM

When somebody cries bullying when it’s not bullying that’s called being a victim

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:53 PM

GP

I made it 44 also, but 44 points a season is still dire to be honest.

• Jib

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:55 PM

Toonces
    No chance of Maitland Niles
    Arteta sees him as the Gunners future

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:56 PM

When somebody repeatedly asks you to stop insulting them and you ignore that request, that’s bullying, Mund.

• Swanny

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:57 PM

KV

Oh do shut up child !

Others have used the word Bullying and you my bile spewing agitator or the catylist for that terminology.

By your own admission you have never been to Newcastle, maybe you’ve supported the lads when we’ve played Exeter Plymouth ?

Do you have any connection to Newcastle other that the goggle box………I’m struggling to understand what NUFC has to do with you….STFU

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:57 PM

i’m confident and i’m staying confident about the takeover happening at our club …

• Mund

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Says who? You? The victim in question.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Ffs here we go again…why me…look at me.. poor me .. zzzzz

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:59 PM

first time i’ve seen time seen Swanny lose his rag …

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:00 PM

dont engage …

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:01 PM

Swanny

Not sure where that came from mate, I was trying to discuss this calmly. No need to fly off the handle.

As I have said to others plenty of times, I’m not here to trade insults, so if that’s all you came here to do I won’t be responding.

Have a nice day.

• Mund

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:01 PM

I do wholly believe that the vegan brought everything on himself on the last blog. I’ve never known anyone as antagonising as this lad and he says he is one of us.

No matter how many posters advise him or have a quiet word, he still continues in the same fashion. This isn’t someone trying to converse with the Geordie nation at all and if he is he is a lot more uneducated than I thought.

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:02 PM

it came from his heart his love of Newcastle United …

• Toonces

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:03 PM

Jib

Many rumors over the past months saying that he wants out. If so, there might be a chance.

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:03 PM

mund …

leave him mate you know he’s gonna come back at you …

• Jib

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:06 PM

Toonces
    He was ticked off at lack of 1st team chances but seems to have broken through recently

We are 12th in the PL for the decade

• Toonces

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:07 PM

One example:

Arteta may want to keep him, seeing him as the Gunners future as you say. Maybe Maitland Niles says the future is now.