web analytics

Premier League Announces Dates For Next Season – NUFC Plans Unaffected

The Premier League has announced the start and end dates for the 2020-21 season. As expected, the first round of fixtures will begin on September 12th.

While the league will get underway around a month later than the usual start date, it will only be extended a couple of weeks into May.

These dates are in line with what’s been expected from journalists as well as managers. Steve Bruce mentioned September 12th in his press conference this morning when asked about the logistics for preseason this summer.

“It’s not official, but everyone is talking about the 12th of September for the restart.

“We’ll have a break for three weeks, which is vitally important. Then we have a three-week program which is similar to what we’ve just had.

“The longer you’re in the Premier League, the bigger and better you become; we’ve comfortably stayed up this year.

“We can’t just be happy with that.

“We’ve got to try and keep moving the club forward and add that little bit of quality which improves you.”

So this announcement means Newcastle can keep with the plans of giving the squad three weeks off and having another three weeks to prepare for the opening fixture.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Romford mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:19 PM

Bus
    Princes mate
    From previous :
    Lol don’t drink much myself any more , but think Sunday I may have to make an exception
    ! 😉

• Romford mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:23 PM

Harrogate
    Your not wrong mate !
    Luckily mine are all grown up now !
    Still don’t stop me worrying about them though ! Drives um mad mate always tell um no matter how old they are they’ll always be my babies 😆

• Romford mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:23 PM

And first second and third ! 😉

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Missed the Pennine xpress

WLtoon@81prev

My sentiments exactly, Lazaro’s the only one worth signing but I’m not sure he wants to stay.

“Its like sitting in a class room in Junior school”
    Oh no its not, I’m gonna tell me mam you said that…. any swops?

• Harrogate mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Think Liverpool will still have hangover on Sunday…3..1 win to us ..hwtl

• Harrogate mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:26 PM

Rom..know where ya coming from mate

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:27 PM

I’ve got 3 sons… the youngest one is 40 next year and I get dark looks when I call them ‘my little boys’…. I wonder why?!

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:30 PM

Harrogate@5

Us to win 3-1?….. I think you’re hungover now

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:30 PM

I’ve had two girls first then when the missus was pregnant with third I thought I was destined to be ruled by women in my household but when we went to the scan we found out it’s as a boy and I couldn’t believe it I felt the luckiest man in the world, even picked a girls name didn’t bother thinking of a boys one lol

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:32 PM

Don’t get me wrong I’ve always said I want a healthy baby what ever the sex and if I had another girl I would of loved them as much but any man knows what I mean when they bring a son into the world 🙂

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:38 PM

Liam Kennedy

“I am not going to reveal anything now, but I’ve had a couple of names put to me that I believe would be incredible signings and these are signings that are being looked into provided a takeover doesn’t go through.”

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:38 PM

Kevin Vegan

What size shoe are you ?

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:39 PM

Mund
    I’m as proud as puch of my 3’wee’boys but wouldn’t have minded a daughter, but I think I’d have been a siht father as nothing would have been good enough for her.

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:42 PM

Yeah

Olive oil is ok if you use the high end stuff on salads and various recipies

But fry with it, no …at a certain temperature it turns to saturated fat .

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:42 PM

Foot in mouth joke alert

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:44 PM

TPM

Tbf mate I know I’ve been blessed with having both. But you are right it’s tough being a father to a daughter. My eldest is 17 and we all know that age. But she does have a good head on here shoulders I made sure of that.

With the wee lad tho as you know I can bring him into the fold of this amazing club. He is yet to visit St James park yet but only because he is sensitive to loud noises and the fact I want him to experience it at its fullest and loudest like I did when I was a boy.

Brilliant being involved with football with him. He plays for a team and trains every week and it’s such a pleasure to take him to that and see him train.

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM

Mund

Talking about Boys names ..theres one on here

Named; Timothy Cedric-Simpkins .

It’s not KV

Can you guess who it is ?

Let’s look through the round window .

Tinkle tinkle .

• Munster Mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM

Tsunki, i saw the row you were having earlier with Mund. Maybe if you stopped being such a prick and stopped bringing my son into the argument, to score a point on me, the row wudnt have happened.

So leave my kids support out of it.

But for blog happiness, I can confirm that the boy is a Mag. 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM

Came on briefly to see if out’s changed? – nope, still arguments raging over things non football related and Lesh (bless him) can’t resist any opportunity to push his lefty political agenda.

I’ll try again in a few days.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:51 PM

Munster……… Glad to see your lad has joined the ranks of the Toon army. It was touch and go for a while though if I remember correctly. You must be mightily relieved. How did you manage to convince him?

• Oldgit1

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:56 PM

Just found a firm that is worst than Ashley and the treatment and wages he hands out to his staff.

My daughter works for a private care home as a snr care worker. since the COVID virus She has had to work bloody hard ensuring the patients don’t catch the virus and has literally cut herself off from her family.

She has had to cover for people who suspected they had the virus with 50% of staff being off. Night shifts, day shifts doing 70 hrs a week.

She got a phone call from one of the admin staff stating that an envelope has been posted to her, in gratitude for her hard work.

When she got home and opened the envelope there was a fiver a f##king £5 note in side. I’m bloody fuming.

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:56 PM

OLG

You have lost me pal. Who is that?

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:04 PM

Quiz.

There are three characters populate this Blog who’s traits lend one to apply the suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy their regular contribution to these pages .

There’s more but I will stick with three for now .

First up is the character with acerbic wit and a penchant for ridiculing people that lends one to think hes got a face like a road map and a rotten tomato combined from all the smacks in the mouth he’s had for trying his shit on with people in bars ..cant get away with it in a bar ..sits behind a keyboard and takes his spite out on the world here ..probably a little man with little man syndrome .

Second Up is the Would be Blog controller ..boring as hell and has had one or two electric shocks too many , holds grudges for years and has a file on everybody .

Next up is our resident Pantomime Villian who, for all his misdemeanours , holds this blog together ..think about it ..the blog would not be the same without him .

Who are they ?

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:04 PM

Munster we all know you love starting a row just back off now and leave it and less of the unwanted insults I haven’t done that to you. Just cranking up the faux indignation irritates everyone not just me.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:06 PM

OLG you left out the fibbing mad radio hack who pretends to have inside info so he can look good to thousands of people he doesn’t know but then lies low for a month or so until blog amnesia sets in.

🙂

• Harrogate mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:08 PM

Oldgit…shocking that mate

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:08 PM

Almost every day it’s like a seagull colony the amount of people constantly regurgitating unwanted morsels. All to get a good days arguing out of you.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:13 PM

The season start got put back once, it could go back another week, eating into the transfer window.

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:14 PM

OLG

I couldn’t dare say

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:15 PM

The Prince’s Mate – Lazaro is a young class footballer and one for years to come…. 2 reasons why we won’t sign him.

So…

Why did we sign Almiron and ASM?

Makes your opinion look pretty crass doesn’t it.

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:15 PM

Tsunki @25

Who is that?

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:16 PM

Tsunki

Hi !

Yes it’s all in the pursuit of entertainment .

Good post from you.

• Toon-Barmy

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:17 PM

It’s amazing how many people leave comments on here, p*ssing and moaning about everything and everyone, yet you ask them to sign a petition to maybe help get things moving and nobody signs it. Yes I might be wasting my time but at least I’m trying. Thousands of supporters and only 77 signatures! All talk and no trousers on here!

• Unused Substitute

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:18 PM

Lazaro is a mercenary. Not good for me.

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:19 PM

Tsunki

It was 2 months .

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:22 PM

Toon-Barmy

I didn’t like the fact I had to register or I would of continued

• Northumbrian

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:25 PM

+ if you register your email Addy goes straight on an advertising site and youll get 100’s of mails about various sh1te.

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:25 PM

some good news for Sunday
    Emil Krafth struggling to be ready but Isaac Hayden will probably be fit enough to play at CB

• Northumbrian

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:27 PM

Energy drink tycoon launches bid for the unwashed neighbours, next season playing in the stadium of red.