web analytics

Steve Bruce Announces Summer Plans – Preseason To Start In A Short Three Weeks

Newcastle are doing what they have to do, as the club awaits a decision on the takeover by the Saudi-backed Public Investment Fund.

So during his press conference today for our final game of the season at home to Liverpool on Sunday, Steve Bruce talked about the summer plans for the club and his players.

It will be about seven weeks from this weekend that next season is provisionally set to start on September 12th.

There will be a short break for the players and then a short preseason with some friendly games having to be arranged.

And of course, the transfer window opens up on Monday and lasts until early October.

This is what the Newcastle manager (shown above) said today:

“It’s not official, but everyone is talking about the 12th of September for the restart.”

“We’ll have a break for three weeks, which is vitally important. Then we have a three-week program which is similar to what we’ve just had.”

“The longer you’re in the Premier League, the bigger and better you become; we’ve comfortably stayed up this year.”

“We can’t just be happy with that. “

“We’ve got to try and keep moving the club forward and add that little bit of quality which improves you.”

If the takeover is announced as being successful, we expect the consortium to address the manager situation, as one of their top priorities – before they start bringing in new players.

That’s a possibility Steve Bruce could remain the manager for next season under Amanda Staveley as the new CEO.

However, former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino turned down the Monaco manager’s job this week.

And he has made it clear that he wants to remain in England in the Premier League.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think about this?

• Hail Wor Staveley

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Here’s my plans haemorrhoid face!

Ashley – OUT

Aarons
    J. Murphy

Muto

Raising about £40-50m

Players IN:

M. Aarons – £15m
    Boly – £25m (one year left on contract)
    Willems – £5m
    Tagliafico – £20m

Rodrigo De Paul – £30m

Fraser – free
    Watkins – £25m

Cavani – free
    C. Wilson £20m

Net send of approximately only £100m.

___________________Dubravka_____________________
    M. Aarons______Lascelles_____Boly________Tagliafico
    ______________Hayden______Shelvey
    ASM________________De Paul_____________Almiron
    ____________________Cavani

YEAH BABY!

• DaveD1000

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Those 3 short weeks are going to feel like 3 years if no announcement

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:49 AM

13th with a -18 GD and some of the worst performances I can remember. It was only comfortable on paper: we qualified with a few weeks to spare, but we rarely looked like in any way “comfortable” on the pitch.

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:49 AM

You can see the big folding grey gates that were partially hiding the parked cars yesterday have gone now

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Mund – you can justify your accusation if you first of all just copy and paste what I said to “bring his kid i to it” then explain exactly why it’s “shocking” let the blog see what has driven you to want to hunt someone down for an opportunity to physically attack them and see if it’s justified, or if as I suspect you are a sensationalist keyboard bully. There’s your challenge, are you up to that or will you prevaricate? I know you despise anyone who evades a question so i expect your detailed response asap.

• Hail Wor Staveley

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Likely scenario

Ashley stays

Bruce stays

We sell maybe 4 or 5 players.

Sign

C. Wilson
    Fraser

Willems

bargain bin CM

• Hail Wor Staveley

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:51 AM

12th place next season better watch out!

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Tsunki

Now your taking it way out of hand. You and Munster clearly don’t like each other and I thought it was a low blow using the kid as a weapon about his supposed Liverpool ties.

I’m not saying your this kiddie hater and big bully all in saying in that moment you were out of line.

Is that not fair?

• SuperShearer

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:53 AM

Pretty sure it’s been stated on Twitter those gates have been there since restart to prevent people trying to enter the ground – it’s a nice theory that it’s for something else but I doubt it is.

Still, the wait goes on and the hope remains… if rapidly waning.

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:55 AM

If the gate situation turns out to somehow be a toon scandal, it’s definitely getting nicknamed “gategate”

• Muz

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:55 AM

I’d never seen them discussed before, assumed they were new. Just thought it strange that the police are sticking more coppers on shift on Sunday.

You can dream though; I’d rather live in hope, than die in despair.

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Tsunki

Here is an example

It’s clear me and Kev don’t get along but I know he would never bring my kids into the matter however it got and likewise with me.

I has sympathy for him with the threats he received from previous blog.

Maybe is just me but I see red when I see kids brought into any argument

• Rotonda heights

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Was Bruce having a not so subtle dig at Ashley’s perceived judgement of a player being better than rafa’s re – Joelinton when he said we have to get value for money.

• Hail Wor Staveley

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:02 PM

I don’t like any of ya’ except for Jail for Ashley, Kevin Vegan and Jib. Oh and Belfast.

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:05 PM

To explain
    There are linked freestanding barriers that have been there for ages
    but yesterday the big folding gates that stay in place through the season were erected for a few hours yesterday as is they were trying them out
    They never been in place for home games in the lockdown until now
    I personally think the powers that be are worried more about LPool fans in the region on Sunday more than home fans

• SuperShearer

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM

@Jib – good shout – that was also implied on Twitter – that there are a lot of Liverpool fans in Newcastle (who knew) who might want to celebrate on the final day when their team come to down.

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:10 PM

My old window cleaner in Shields used to work with a LPool scarf on in the winter

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:11 PM

Mund I’m leaving it now because it’s obvious to everyone what’s been going on here. For the record, I don’t use anyone’s family as a weapon. That’s been tried before and it’s a poor accusation.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:12 PM

We know Hail. We know. 🙂

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:12 PM

Yep I concur, a bit of social distancing fencing coupled with Scouser cattle management. 🙂

• Swanny

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:13 PM

KV

Noticed you’ve expanded your critique coverage, graduating from serial Takeover naysayer, to all things Newcastle related, with speciality subject being lack of expectation from office bearers.

How about a balanced assessment, the good the bad and the ugly and throttle back on the conclusions !

I’m well aware of NUFC deficiencies and our lack of ambition by the current regime, but I’m still struggling with your complaints and disbelief regarding the possibility of a Takeover.

Most of all, I still can’t come to terms with you using the phrase “WE” when you talk about Newcastle !

Respect

• toon22

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:14 PM

JIB

There’s a South Sheilds in Florida ?

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:16 PM

I said I’d drop it but just by way of illustration, I can check back and find references to my wife being an alcoholic, abusive and all sorts of things. Others have had it implied they get up to no good with their kids on family holidays. Those are things to get irate about. Anyway, final word.

• Paul141726

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:16 PM

With the new season just a few short weeks from the end of this one, will there be a break over the holiday season? I think I heard something to that effect even before the virus reared its ugly head.

• Mund

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:17 PM

Tsunki

I was trying to make you understand where I was coming from and I can’t see what you dont understand with yourself having kids.

Like I said I’m not calling you some hater of kids and say horrible things about them, I know that’s not you.

But happy to move on

• Ron Knee

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:18 PM

There’s a Moscow in Cumbria.

• Romford mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:19 PM

Anglo
    From a few thread’s back :
    the Essex runt has gotta disappear !
    I’m a believer mate 😉

• DaveD1000

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Bethlehem in Wales

• Ron Knee

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Twatt in Orkney.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Pre season in 3 weeks. Just get Bentaleb, Lazaro and Rose signed up. They’re here and they’re affordable and they’re among our best 15 players, and it would allow us to focus on a new number 9 of real quality, which is the signing of most need. Luka Jovic on a loan deal would be fine.

Given the time available, let’s just do that. I don’t trust Bruce and Charnley with anything more challenging, and worry we’d come up short, which we can’t afford.

Bentaleb is the contentious one, but to me he’s looked ok, gets a leg in, gets about the pitch, recycles the ball.

A central midfield 4 of Shelvey, Hayden, Sean Longstaff and Nabil Bentaleb isn’t bad, so long as you’ve got a decent group of players ahead of them to feed.

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:22 PM

There’s a Frogville in Oklahoma

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:23 PM

Bastad in Sweden

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:24 PM

Frogville is a small unincorporated community in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. The post office was established on October 29, 1897, and closed on August 15, 1933. Frogville was named for the abundance of frogs in the area said to be so large they ate young ducks

• Jib

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:28 PM

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:29 PM

The village of Tutts Clump was an occasional drive past when I lived in Reading.

• DaveD1000

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Well you would know Jib living in fla and all that…

• DaveD1000

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:31 PM

🙂 :).

• simon376

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:31 PM

Toon 22

Thanks, been to Florida 3 times but never been to South Shields, will have to go when I can so I can have a home out there.

• Romford mag

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Hitman
    Tutts clump just up the road from where Im originally from 🙂
    A village called theale .

• Swanny

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:36 PM

North Pole

in Western Australia.
    Thought to named because of the Heat.

North Pole is that far from…
    Whoop Whoop