web analytics

Report – Newcastle And Young Magpie Hold Positive Talks About Extending Loan Spell

On August 1st of last year, it was announced that Freddie Woodman had extended his Newcastle contract an extra year to 2021 as he was shipped off for a season-long loan to Swansea. The 23-year-old had an excellent campaign with the Swans before suffering an oblique injury against Leeds a few weeks ago.

The injury ended his season at the Liberty Stadium and brought to an end a 43 game streak of league starts for Freddie. A stretch during which he kept 12 clean sheets.

Swansea are miraculously still alive and in the promotion hunt after a wild finale to the season saw them close a large goal difference gap with Nottingham Forest to claim the final playoff place.

Swansea won the first leg against Brentford in the semi-finals 1-0 and play the away leg on Wednesday. Woodman likely won’t be able to play any further part in their push for promotion.

However, he may not have played his final game for Swansea. Wales Online is reporting that Woodman has returned to Newcastle and held positive talks about extending the loan spell for another year.

Steve Bruce mentioned earlier this month that he would prefer Woodman go back out on loan which mirrors the wishes of the young goalkeeper.

This is what Bruce about Freddie to the Chronicle:

“Freddie is in that situation where he wants to play.

“So we will review the whole situation. I understand that Freddie wants to play.

“We are very fortunate that we have two excellent goalkeepers in [Martin] Dubravka and Karl Darlow who are terrific.

“Freddie has done well at Swansea. An ideal solution that we let Freddie go out again [on loan] depending on contracts and things like this.

“That is one situation that we’re looking at.”

Newcastle have since brought in Mark Gillespie to battle Darlow for the number two spot. So Woodman would best be served going back on loan. Since he made great strides in his progress with Swansea, that’s an ideal place for him to play next season.

However, there is the issue with his contract that must be attended to as it doesn’t serve Newcastle’s interest to have Woodman see out the final year of his contract out on loan. So hopefully, Newcastle and Freddie can agree to an extension of some sort in the coming weeks.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Defeat To Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lesh

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM

Some talk about some fisticuffs. What time and where? Can we watch it via Zoom.or whatever it’s called?

• Optimistic prime

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM

I’ve never backed Newcastle to lose any match, even if I think they will i still put my money on a draw or win.

If Ashley and Bruce are here at the start of next season I’ll be putting £100 on Nufc to be relegated.

After watching us lurch from game to game with no tactics a shocking defence and relying on indvidual skill to win matches its a no brainer.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM

hibbit

Apologies for the prediction reply,

I did jump in 🙂

• Online Guy

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM

Tsunki

Even when irrefutable evidence is presented before him, the evidence he’s been asking the blog for en bloc, he twisted it into something else and denied it, even after seeing and hearing it coming from the managers mouth.

Humble pie is not to his liking.

He seems to discourage and pour cold water on any good news .

His opinion is not relevant to me as he seems to be anti- Newcastle United and is not interested in any answers to his questions .

He starts off each day trying to win friends and influence people ..thats tactical..then after a period of camaraderie throws in something to agitate.

I’v got his measure and his raison d’ etre .

He’s not interested in your answers.

• hibbit

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:17 PM

excepted

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:18 PM

Jail,

Earlier you said I rewrite history to suit…

Then you say I said the majority of fans predicted relegation.

Wrong agin.

I said many on here did.

And….

Martoon’s predictions only show the posters on here who entered.

Many didn’t. Which means it doesn’t prove your or my point whatever it shows.

So that’s another of your comebacks kicked into touch.

• The ledge

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:20 PM

Jeez here we go again with the bull crap

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:22 PM

OLG @4

Bang on with that post mate

• Northumbrian

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:24 PM

Ledge,, do what I do mate and visit flight radar for 20 mins its very therapeutic watching cartoon planes and takes you away from aggression land for a while.
    😉

• hibbit

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:25 PM

BSIB how do you know how many entered and how many didn’t for you to be so sure that your right ??
    has martoon released the numbers ??

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:25 PM

BSIB,
    You never said any of that, you said we were favourites for relegation.

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:25 PM

Muz

You can take it with a pinch of salt or believe I don’t mind either way.

When I posted some info regarding the BZG sale which was from my uncle who works or worked for Ashley should I say.

After he said to me he was told it’s a done deal. He messaged me saying Rafa is off to China he wanted double his wages to stay and obviously was refused and he finished on the message with they are looking at Bruce.

Which I replied your having a laugh he wouldn’t dare employ Bruce there would be uproar. So I choose not to believe him and thought he was full of it. But everything he said about Rafa and Bruce came true.

• The ledge

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:26 PM

Northumbrian… i think I will mate !

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:26 PM

Now it wasn’t the bookmakers or martoons poll, it was with all the posters who don’t enter martoons poll and don’t post on here and you know that because……
    😀

• geordietom

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:26 PM

mund …

i’ll bring my brother in law only because he dont drink and he’s got the job driving us …

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:27 PM

Mund,
    No I don’t run the blog or think I do. Reckon it must be a canny little earner though.

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:27 PM

Tom

What?? You spoilt lot having a ready made taxi as well no walking about mortal lol

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM

Jail

The way you go on at times people might think that idea

• Online Guy

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM

Kevin Vegan

I’ll play along with you ..your dogged in your , to me , laughable agitation , it’s blatant Kev ..so blatant your input has become dulled and lacking in importance as it carries the same message every day .

“It’s not with the Premier league , theres no takeover happening” .

Did you see Bruce’s lips move yesterday ?

Kevin ..man to man ..can you now admit that it’s on the table and in the hands of the Prem ?

I know your reply will give me a good laugh !

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM

OLG,
    If he’s not interested in your answers, why the foot do you keep answering him then?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:29 PM

Mund, oh ok.

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM

OLG

More chance of the takeover being announced in the next 5 minutes with a reveal of Ronaldinho as our star signing than the vegan admitting owt

• Online Guy

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM

Jib

Ta . #95.

Easy .

Lol.

• hibbit

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM

Mund where you taking geordietom drinking in Boro ???

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM

Online

It’s you choice whether or not you believe Ashley’s statement via Bruce. I choose not to as Ashley has a long history of lying to us and Bruce seems like a lapdog.

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM

Jail

You don’t care do you one bit how you come across but your straight on others for how they are. How does that even make sense

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:32 PM

hibbit

Liked I’d drink in this sh$t hole mate 😉

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM

Wanna meet up like hibbit join the crew 🙂

• Munster Mag

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM

Kennedy? Another dogshit Rafa signing !

Next !

🙂

• Jib

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:34 PM

Used to be some canny boozers in Southbank back in the day

• #cans

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:34 PM

There were a lot if people on here that predicted and probably 90% predicted survival ..
    Most pundits also had us surviving so I’m not sure where all this ‘expected relegation’ rubbish came from although I suspect the same pundits who keep saying Bruce has done a fantastic job wherein reality he’s achieved exactly what most thought he would .. 13th – 15th

• Online Guy

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:34 PM

Jail

He asks the question and I try to answer faithfully ..he then refutes ..

So he’s not interested in your answer . There’s a word for that but I can’t recall it .

It’s related to Gaslighting in some respect.

Kevin’s just having fun.

I can take the frog because he’s got a funny bone and a green suit but Kevs a little tinker and needs some maintenance .

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:35 PM

Good stuff jib it use to be fun down them boozers nowt much nowadays tho everywhere is rotten

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:36 PM

A brand new thread, not a Vegan in sight yet we have two quite lengthy posts from OLG calling KV to task. OLG clearly wants the Vegan to appear so he can get in to a war of words with him proving to the blog what a troublesome WUM the Vegan really is, next thing is we have the fight club quietly stirring and starting to brandish their pitchforks and before you know it the young firebrand Mund will be in to help whip them up in to a frenzy.

• hibbit

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:36 PM

sorry mate i think i’ll pass on that one, more the glass of wine and nice meal these days,

• VanToonMan

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:37 PM

Jib – your comment at 113 of the previous post re-quoted my my first sentence (no lies needed) with saying exactly.

Although you did not include the rest of my comment.

Do you agree that Ashley has overseen and is therefore responsible for a 13 year period within which Leicester, Wolves and Everton (wolves coming up to the premier league after us) have outspent, outperformed and elevated beyond us?

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:38 PM

I don’t go out much myself nowadays. Spend most the time with the wife and kids and every now and then I’ll have a blow out, but
    as ya do.

• Online Guy

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Kevin Vegan

Yesterday Ashley said it was with the prem and he was waiting for the decision ..said it on zoom in front of Bruce the staff and all of the players. .

Concede it’s with the prem Kev ..gan on.

You keep denying it and we know your having your fun.

• Mund

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:39 PM

The thing is what OLG is doing is giving him a taste of his own medicine that’s all.

• geordietom

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:39 PM

mund …

if we are walking make sure we find a decent Kebab shop …

1 2 3 7