web analytics

Forgotten Man Sends A Message Of Hope To Newcastle Fans

Frenchman Florian Lejeune returned to the team after a second ACL knee injury last season

But sadly he played only 9 times with 2 goals with injury once again curtailing his playing time at Newcastle.

And when the Premier League reopened last month to complete the coronavirus interrupted season, Florian picked up a thigh injury and wasn’t available for selection.

That should clear up before the start of next season, which starts on September 12th, so we should see a fit Florian Lejeune challenging for a first-team place at that time.

We have Lascelles, Clark, Ferdinand, and Schar also fighting for one of the center-back positions.

So it’s not clear whether Steve Bruce will be selling one of those players in the summer transfer window, which opened yesterday.

When he’s fit Florian (shown above) could well be the best center-back at the club.

This is what Florian has written on his Instagram account:

“This is it, the season is over.”

“It was pretty hard for me as my recovery took some time, but I am focused on coming back stronger for next season.”

I’ll do my best to help the team getting the results we deserve.”

“Now it’s time to take some important time with my family.”

“Thanks everyone for your incredible support through the season.”

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:33 AM

Jib,
    Are you for real, it was shambolic until he reverted to his predecessors tactics, once he put his own stamp on it we ended up playing some nicer football but ended up with a minus 20GD, the worst defence bar Norwich post restart.

• hibbit

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM

hit man i get what your saying but what’s the bigger business gamble at the moment acquiring a large stake in The world’s largest cruise line, Carnival or buying NUFC

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:38 AM

Imagine if we carry that form from the last 5 games of the season into next year 🙁 we desparately need improvements, don’t let the PR tell you otherwise!!

• Munster Mag

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:41 AM

Didnt get to look at the blob much yesterday.

Mund does it now seem that piracy is not the issue, but saudi govt link ?

This was always a key issue at the start wasnt it ?

Any major twitter relevaions? I presume the piracy thing must still be as it was, no ?

• Munster Mag

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:43 AM

Kev when did you decide that aping the frog was another way to irritate the shit out of the blog ?

• Jib

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:45 AM

Jail for Ashley
    The worst thing I did was give you the link to the stats site – you haven’t got the remotest idea of how to use stats – you snatch a stat out of the air that supports your pre-conceived prejudices and present it in isolation without any consideration of other factors

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:46 AM

All click bait from opposing side thats all

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:47 AM

Heard the vegan talking PR after what he was saying last night, In taking great pleasure with the reports yesterday. Pure WUM IGNORE

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:48 AM

Quick question for all nufc fans on here. Who will be going to Qatar to support England in world cup technically contributing to Qatar economy?

• DaveD1000

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:48 AM

Jib
    obvs no I didn’t.I don’t follow everton much and I’m making burger sarnie breakfast for me and the kids

• WLtoon

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:48 AM

Good morning lads n lasses.
    On my way down east side of Windermere with my old Nufc back pack containing water, raincoats and 2 bananas.
    Have a good day all

• The ledge

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:50 AM

Go get em wltoon your like Bear Grylls in a soft top sabb

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:52 AM

Munster

No genuine fan is going to look at this season and say “that was good enough”, but people seem to be trying to convince us that is the case…

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:53 AM

But your not a genuine fan vegan stop pretending you are

• The ledge

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:56 AM

Bus has moved

• Jib

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:58 AM

DaveD1000
    no probs
    I wasn’t having a pop
    just expanding your footy knowledge

• dabassman

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:35 AM

For what its worth I have a few thoughts on our performance over the season and especially the end of the season
    First off our squad is not good enough. Yes we have a few capable players one or 2 outstanding ones but as an overall the squad is not good enough. We need a few young and quick players in the side. The one thing that impressed me about the Liverpool side that beat us on sunday was how quick they were Even our really quick guys looked slow by comparison
    We need to add a few players maybe 4/5 A striker or 2 that can put the ball in the net an attaching midfielder who is consistent. A left back or 2 Guys who will be here for the whole season
    Second we need an end to the the ownership saga Personally I don’t see this current deal going through Its the piracy thing that is killing it So hopefully the american deal happens.
    Toward the end of the season the non decision was affecting the team the way we played and especially Steve Bruce.
    Just on the point of him as manager I think he has done what he was asked to do Its simple If Bruce had not done the job he did we would be back in the championship and there would be no offers at all for the club
    Yes we didnt play fantastic football but wen you consider all the injuries we have had I think we did ok
    At the beginning of the season after Rafa and our strikers left i would have taken 13th heck i would have taken 16 or 17th so I think its been ok and no matter the style we played we are still in the Prem and have the chance to improve a bit
    One last thought I dont think spending 100 Million will help us immediately-look at villa all that money spent and a missed shot by west ham kept them in the premiership