web analytics

Injured Magpie Sends Honest Message To Newcastle Fans About This Season

Fabian Schar has taken to Twitter to send out an update on his shoulder operation. As he says in his statement, it was a terrible way to end the season.

Fabian suffered a dislocated shoulder in the dying minutes of the Spurs defeat. It kept out of the final two matches but it’s good to hear that his operation today has been a success.

In his message, Schar admits that this has been a tough season for him. The 28-year-old had a bit of a fall from grace from last year. In February he was named the 2019 Player of the Year by the North East Football Association.

However, this campaign has not been as fortunate for the Swiss defender. After suffering an injury in October, he was not able to unseat Federico Fernandez, who along with Ciaran Clark, came in from the cold to unexpectedly shine for Newcastle.

Schar was one of our best players last season and he carried that form into the early part of this campaign. But after that first injury, he just never seemed himself.

He has just one year remaining on his contract and with his injury likely sidelining him until at least the start of next season, Newcastle will not be able to offload him this summer.

Hopefully, Fabian can get back quickly and return next season reinvigorated. We’d love to see the Fabian of the early part of this campaign back during the upcoming season.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Northumbrian

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:29 PM

Fan, get well soon bud an come back stronger next season.

• Northumbrian

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:30 PM

Fab damned auto spell.

• JohnJ

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:34 PM

Just wondering,

Are Keven Vegan, Toon22 & Catchy in Norway are related?

Anybody know?

PS Sorry missed the bus again!

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:46 PM

If one writer generates a lot of traffic, responces, answers, towards himself, having made a point others don’t agree with, or, asked a question of others here, it may well look like that writer is getting a lot of attention and engagement .

One could then be under the illusion that the writer who instigated all the attention in the first place was recieving undue attention .

Cause and effect .

Keep yer hats on .

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:49 PM

Receiving .

Dah di Dah ..thats K by the way ..invitation to transmit . K

• hibbit

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:49 PM

if we don’t get sold it would be a great move for the lad he really does deserve a club and manager with ambition,

• G

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:50 PM

OG. R K

• giimps

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:51 PM

We have ambition Hibbit, 17th and above , no higher than 8th though as that means undue pressure on the squad with those nasty costly european games

• IrishRob

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:52 PM

Richard Masters ” I do hope that we will have a resolution to soon, but cannot comment to a specific timeline at this stage”

Reading between the lines it SURE LOOKS like it’s not the premier league holding it up.

• hibbit

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:55 PM

IrishRob who do you think it is then if it’s not the PL??

• Jib

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:57 PM

IrishRob
    You ain’t very good at reading between lines

• giimps

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:01 PM

I never saw any lines, its just political speak for “qatar havent given us enough brown bags full of cash to block it , until they do, wel just string everyone along this never ending timeline …..cos we can, its our organisation and we dont answer to anyone … allegedly
    IMHO

• jane

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:03 PM

“Are Keven Vegan, Toon22 & Catchy in Norway are related?”

they are Irish Catholic priests.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:05 PM

Jib,
    To finish in the top 87K out of 7.6M people, I’d say I know a fair bit about “footy”
    Let’s see how you fare with your team next year. And don’t say you haven’t got the time or I really will pmsl.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:09 PM

Lesh you’re correct about the bow wave from those vessels, we’d always turn our bows towards them to ride them out especially in the sailing dinghy, always a wee bit of excitement! 🙂

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:11 PM

Did anybody watch Steve Wraith and Liam Kennedy?

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:12 PM

James MacGregor Palmer
    @MacGregorPalmer
    I’m looking for any #NUFC fans who would be willing to chat to me about their thoughts on the #NUFCTakeover for my master’s journalism project. Drop this a like or DM me if you’d be willing to answer a few questions!
    @NUFC360

@nufctrust

@MagpieGroupNUFC

😎

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:13 PM

Regardless of the T/O it’d be great to see him and Lejeune return at their best, on form they were excellent players.

• Dondatta13

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:13 PM

Wolverhampton Wanderers are focused on signing Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin….

And when this takeover goes through… I’m looking forward to taking Adama Traore off of them 😉

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:14 PM

Reading between the lines is a pointless exercise. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen two people take completely different messages away from the same vague words.

Confirmation bias is always at play. It affects us all.

When there is ambiguity, most people will hear or see whatever best matches their existing world view.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:16 PM

Mund- maybe that’s KV in disguise and he’s been doing all the research through the blog lol

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:17 PM

Zaha to leave wouldn’t mind a punt would compliment Maxi well

• Jib

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:17 PM

When Traore was at Boro he spent most of his time in the Toon
    He loved it
    More chance of us getting him to join us
    Maxi and Adama at SJP would be great

• DaveD1000

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:17 PM

Reading between the lines it says…..no comment

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:17 PM

KV- is that you doing the master’s journalism project?

• Davas28

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:18 PM

Jail
    Which FFL do you do. Haven’t done one for years.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:19 PM

Lesh:
    “And like Essex, your wisdom is greater than mine. I only know of those little ships from watching them nipping up and down the river.”
    Are you Otis Redding by any chance?

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:21 PM

JP

There’s that confirmation bias I just mentioned.

Somebody accused KV of being a journalism student writing an assignment

A journalism student posted about writing an assignment on NUFC

Therefore KV is that journalism student.

2+2=5.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:23 PM

Interesting post from blackandwhitebarmy re. the clubs writing to CAS about letting Man City off the hook. I wonder how many wrote to the PL about our takeover.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:24 PM

I wouldn’t have a clue if it was him or not but if you think about it if he really wants to know the feelings of fans about the takeover and all that then the blog is the best place to approach that, wouldn’t you think?

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:25 PM

DaveD

Reading between the lines (also on them) I also largely took it as a “no comment”.

Reading between the lines a little further, I also took it as a “I don’t care who you are, now leave me alone to do my job and go do yours, and you can find these things out if and when everyone else does”.

But that’s speculation and interpretation.

As Rafa would say, we need to talk about facts.

• Jib

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:25 PM

JP
    There’s that confirmation bias I just mentioned.
    Somebody accused KV of being a journalism student writing an assignment
    A journalism student posted about writing an assignment on NUFC
    Therefore KV is that journalism student.
    2+2=5.

It’s matterless

It gets you the attention you crave so much

Be happy

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:26 PM

Mund

If I prove (and I do mean prove…) you wrong will you apologise to me?

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:27 PM

Jib

I don’t want this kind of attention. People constantly trying to bait me and wind me up does my head in. I’ve tried countless times to say let’s stop with the personal comments. I’ve been laying off everyone else. Please show me the same respect.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:27 PM

Davas,
    The official FPL one, Ed does a league. Don’t know if I mentioned it but I finished fifth 😀

• Anglo Saxon

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:29 PM

Go for it mund he’s digging a hole.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:30 PM

Go on Viv do him, do him Viv. Ffs.

• Anglo Saxon

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:31 PM

And it’s got to be 100% cast in stone.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:32 PM

I can’t believe there are so called ‘fans’ on this blog almost wishing ASM away to another club.

What ate you trying to prove?

What are you wishing for ?

Why not go and support Wolves?

Muppets.