web analytics

NUFC Players Thank The Fans For Their Support During This ‘Strange’ Season

The doors were shut on this long and tumultuous season this past Sunday. While it finished on a sour note, it was far from an uneventful campaign. The fact that we’ll be back in just six weeks for another season in the Premier League means it was, at least in part, a successful season.

This was a season like no other with the pandemic and takeover speculation. In the end, it should not go unnoticed that the team consisted of a fantastic group of lads who got on with their jobs under very trying circumstances.

A few of the boys took to social media over the past few days to thank the fans for their support over the course of this campaign. Hopefully, we’ll see the bulk of them next season with a few new faces added to the mix.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:52 PM

Steve
    @GeordieSteve737
    Everyday without a decision means they are working to solve the remaining items. All parties including the premier league wants to pass the the deal. However the premier league wants a rock solid arrangement to avoid future legal battles [unnamed source] #nufctakeover #nufc

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:55 PM

The takeover will be announced before we see this PR list

• geordietom

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:55 PM

#wewantthelistnow#

• geordietom

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:57 PM

#needagoodlaugh#

#listnowplease#

#thereaintnolist#

• Davas28

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:58 PM

OK Kev, I just wondered. I’m new to commenting too but I’ve been reading it for years. Usually catch up after the discussions are over so a bit late to comment. I just thought you said you’d been reading the blog for years so was surprised that with your strong views, like of discussion and writing, that you would have been itching to comment. 🙂

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Just another game to him to wind us fans up

• Mattroge

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM

Mund.

35 million isn’t enough but I can understand why the budget is so limited given the circumstances.

Cathedral @ #77 totally agree with all of that. Very frustrating. Nobody knows what’s going on. Jason Burt is generally a decent journalist and I’m sure he has good sources but despite being one of the first people to break the story he hasn’t got anything right since then.

We’re all guessing as to what the issue(s) are but in my opinion the biggest one is the degrees of separation between PIF and KSA.

We know they’re legally separate but if there are people within PIF who are going to hold sway over NUFC and also some part of KSA government then those are big issues.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM

Davas

Great point and one I’ve been thinking on.

He always has a lot to say but only waited till now?? Seeing as he is a vegan and he dressed up as a tree outside a bank so you would think he fights for what he believes in but waited years to say something??

Smells like….

• Anglo Saxon

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:01 PM

Mund, it’s all wearing a bit thin now mate, getting dafter by the post think not long for him to go.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:03 PM

Anglo

We will be proven to be right one day mate no doubt about it.

Then JAFfa cake owes me a few pints 😉

• Anglo Saxon

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:06 PM

Mund, think he drinks Babycham.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:06 PM

Anglo

Pmsl haha tickled me that and still is

• giimps

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:07 PM

I reckon Too 22 and mad frog boom are top of the shills list, mainly because of the positivity towards the slug and his methods.

• Anglo Saxon

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:08 PM

ok work to do catch you later.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:09 PM

Later anglo

• Cathedral on the hill

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:11 PM

Mund,
    I’m not saying it is just feels like that. I do believe the pl have verbally passed it and everyone wants the same outcome, but just cannot fathom how the pl can be still asking questions that are being reported after 17 weeks. Lardey, penfold and Brucie still here at the start off the season is just untenable.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:15 PM

Agree with you mate totally. It could be that way tho. I hope it isn’t mate I really do, but if it meant takeover being approved I’m all for it.

• Insh'Allah

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:16 PM

“Your name will also go on the list, vat is it”

“Don’t tell him Pike”

• justthetoonofus

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:19 PM

Mund – Who is the GeordieSteve737. I think deep down this is what its about, as well as maybe compensating Bein for piracy/dropping them from KSA.

• Northumbrian

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:23 PM

I posted a couple of days ago about the board voting about the takeover and got slightly shot down over it but if anyone had listened to masters during the select committee meeting he specifically said takeovers were a matter for the board and not just him and if so I still think it might come down to a vote of board members to resolve this.
    Posted a don’t jump all over me at once emoji.
    😉

• lesh

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:28 PM

Wise words from the Sports Minister, Huddleston is it.

‘It’s something [the O&D test] that I’m keeping an eye on but it is a decision for those involved. It would be inappropriate for me to interfere at that kind of level’

Roughly translates into ‘get it sorted without causing me any grief!’

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:30 PM

justthetoonofus

A nobody I think but it’s exactly how I see it. Don’t know if he has an actual source nor not but it’s the only thing that makes sense.

When time’s are confusing you put things down to logic from everything you hear and see. Well I do anyways.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:31 PM

Northumbrian

If it was down to a vote there wouldn’t be a test

• lesh

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:32 PM

Northumbrian

You’re right if you’re implying that the approval decision is not for Masters to take. If it’s like any other regulatory body, the EPL’ll have a panel, a board whose role is to finally approve or otherwise O&D applications.

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:36 PM

Kevin Vegan do you post or have you ever posted under another name , nom ?

No malice with this just wondering .

It’s ok if you have .. No problem.

• Cathedral on the hill

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:41 PM

Mund,
    As George caulkin has said the buyers have always remained confident which isn’t based on some lardey dardey, airey fairy, pie in the sky mumbo jumbo but dialogue they’ve had too and from the premier league much to luke Edwards annoyance. We would all wait as long as it takes to get rid of lardey but doomsday scenario is drawing closer with every passing day. Whatever the issues are resolution is needed and quickly.

• Northumbrian

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:41 PM

Lesh I concur and what I tried to put across, maybe I’m not a wordsmith but thankful that other bloggers understand my rantings sometimes lol.
    😉

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:42 PM

WL toon

Put that phone away ..forget this blog and pay attention to that lady your with .

She will thank you for it later.

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:45 PM

Undisclosed Payments

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:45 PM

David Dein

• dougie

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:54 PM

The parasite is a gonner simple as that and he’s took charnley the muppet with him.No way the PL can stop this deal.We just have to be patient a little longer.Fcuk the cans I’m on the Bollinger very soon.Its unstoppable,Sports Direct FC is over and NUFC is back.Relax.

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:54 PM

If Manchester United’s future was with the Premier league and the club was kept waiting going on near 4 months , their Lawyers would have been all over it . Massive outcry .

It’s Newcastle United and the southern based people plus one David Dein do not want this to happen , dragging it out is now starting to look seriously bad on the powers that be .

KSA want to invest in the city of Newcastle as well as the Football club ..to think one man could be jealously trying to stop this .

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:00 PM

The American investor to elevate the North London club to elite status was Stan Kroenke and David Dein had knowingly initiated a series of events that undermined all his hard work and dedication in one simple, misplaced, treasonous act.

More to follow on the lurking in the background Ghoul David Dein.

• Unused Substitute

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:00 PM

Northumbrian @101: I understand the takeover is stuck at the stage of O&D test and what I’ve seen the test is like a flow sheet that ends with an yes/no result. Are you saying board members collective decision can over turn the yes/no outcome?

• The Hit Man & Her

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:01 PM

Maybe Munster isn’t hiding. Maybe he’s just busy trying to bleach the pink out of his white shirts.

• Mund

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:01 PM

Cathedral on the hill

Agree completely mate. It’s gone on far to long and it really is having a bad effect on mental health and to think we are a partner of this league, it’s a joke.

Hopefully we find out why it’s took so long when it’s finally approved. It might be the Premier league had nowt to do with the time length but if the are to blame for it, it shows at top footballing authorities a real incompetence.

But I’m a strong believer that within the Premier leagues powers to be are big opposers to this deal and will try to use there influence to whatever that may be to derail it.

This goes beyond any normal takeover of any club in the history of football and is so much bigger than just a takeover.

The plus for me is the ones who have been quiet in all this are the buying side. They have acted admirably when they must be furious of how the opposers ie the Qataris have tried everything in there power to stop the takeover.

That shows me how huge all this is and when the consortium assume control and finally get the keys to the
    Cathedral on the hill they will come in firing.

• Jib

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:01 PM

The conspiracy theories are getting a wee bit silly now.
    It’s almost as if people are trying to outdo toon22 in their ridiculousness

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:01 PM

I was ignorant of the scale of Dein’s deceit and overwhelming levels of narcissistic ambition but that was evident when the former vice-chairman decided that he needed a new deal maker to reinstall him.