web analytics



Amanda Staveley-Led Consortium Pull Plug On Newcastle United Takeover Attempt



Keith Downie with Sky Sports is sharing the news we all did not want to hear. The takeover is now off as the consortium has formally withdrawn it’s bid to purchase Newcastle United.

Keith Downie has also tweeted the following statement from the consortium.

This is of course devastating news for a Newcastle fanbase that has been through so much under Mike Ashley. We can’t help but harbor serious animosity towards the Premier League for allowing this to linger this long while leaving the club in limbo.

Where we go from here, we have no idea.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

168 comments so far

  • AshLIE is a Joker

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:49 PM

    Comment #1

    I really hate the PL.

    This is what we said would happen, let them pull out so we don’t have to reject or accept the offer!

    32
  • Geordie crappa

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:50 PM

    Comment #2

    Gutted. On to the next one eh??

    1
  • Munster Mag

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:50 PM

    Comment #3

    Just got the tweet from my Forest pal.

    Gutted.

    It was going that way.

    Keys and Co will be thrilled, sickened.

    12
  • Geordie crappa

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:51 PM

    Comment #4

    And I agree AshLIE.

    3
  • #cans

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #5

    god I’m depressed now, luckily we have other bidders in the wings

    0
  • toon22

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #6

    It’s never Jabbas fault

    17
  • yogz69

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #7

    Let’s see how quick it gets waved through when they try buy West ham

    29
  • TomaKaThor

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #8

    I really can’t express my utter anger towards the PL

    9
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #9

    Not celebrating at all, Munster.

    But I will say you can add an apology for the grief i got from you, robleenio and who knows who else for ridiculing my thought that the current economic uncertainty has probably stalled it some time back.

    And there you have it. Never believe the stories, the lying media hacks and the ITKs they know nothing.

    A dark future of more Ashley in view.

    32
  • AshLIE is a Joker

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #10

    Keep washing your hands PL, your corruption is oozing!

    15
  • Novocastrian66

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #11

    The PL have been a disgrace throughout this process. I would suggest all Newcastle United supporters cancel their Sky subscriptions on mass, to hit Sky and the PL where it hurts. I hate them both.

    30
  • wynsleap

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM

    Comment #12

    There is no next one and if there was it wouldn’t be anywhere near this one.
    Club is up s**t creek.

    13
  • Gothmog's Pyjamas

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:53 PM

    Comment #13

    How much is the Bus worth in scrap?

    7
  • Munster Mag

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:53 PM

    Comment #14

    The Vegan will now try to annoy us even more by saying this is not indicative that there was ever a takeover.

    If you do, PFO Vegan. Permanently.

    7
  • toon22

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:53 PM

    Comment #15

    But we were assured
    Told it was 200 % done

    #cans

    But here we are , business as usual

    22
  • It's on

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:53 PM

    Comment #16

    I am not happy being taken for granted as a supporter of a “cannon fodder” team, set up to get beaten every season by a group of “star” teams. The EPL is not competitive, we, as NUFC supporters are mugs for providing emotion to this ridiculous situation. Sky “@@@@ off”, BT Sports “@@@@ off”, EPL “@@@@ off”

    20
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:53 PM

    Comment #17

    So now Munster you can suck up your comments before I repost them and also post where i said I’d be celebrating this sorry mess. Get on with it I’m waiting.

    7
  • Australian Pie

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:54 PM

    Comment #19

    Well that’s me off the blog until next season starts, enjoy your summer everyone. Another season of survival awaits

    11
  • boss hoggs atm

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:54 PM

    Comment #20

    The end of our football club & all hope, sad sad day

    14
  • #cans

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:55 PM

    Comment #21

    Next season is going to be a long slog already – at least the media won’t be able to link us with every player under the sun – bargain basement only players for us and Bentelab / Rose to sign perm deals.
    Can’t imagine the players think much of the news either

    6
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:55 PM

    Comment #22

    Exactly as advertised. Ashley blows it big style.

    3
  • It's on

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #23

    By the way, Crown Prince, you have lost face. EPL did not think you were worthy of owning an EPL team. Qatar beat you.

    8
  • Our Toon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #24

    Well guess it shows English football is run by 3rd party stakeholders who buy TV rights. Masters and Qatar will be happy, no doubt a brown envelope is on its way to him as I write this….Nice little bonus!!

    They bought the World Cup, bribed to get world Cup tv deal and now prevented a takeover of an English club!! Corruption is rife in football, I sincerely hope the PL product crashes and burns!!

    39
  • Kevin Vegan

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #25

    Munster

    Already stated several times that I’m taking that as my silver lining from this dark cloud. It looks loke Ashley was probably trying to sell this time, assuming he didn’t always know it would fail but that would be a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

    2
  • lochinvar

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #26

    I blame the virus, FA-0

    And Covid hasn’t helped either.
    Football clubs will be on their knees financially and Ashley will really feel the pain.

    Not a bother.
    Mauriss is on his way.
    Isn’t he?

    3
  • Greebol1892

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #27

    Everyone involved and others just sticking their oar in have done everything possible to stop this from happening and have succeeded.
    Richard Keys will be having a tommy-tank.
    Another season with Ashley = goodbye to our best players Saint Maximin, Dubravka, Almiron. Favourites for relegation before
    ball has been kicked. Joelinton will be good for us in the championship.
    Happy days – HWTL

    6
  • toon22

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #28

    Yep
    That glimmer of hope
    Gone
    Let’s see how quickly his 2nd bidder vanishes

    19
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #29

    Don’t blame the PL. It’s likely they couldn’t say anything because they were kept waiting for the application. I don’t think they got it launched.

    5
  • AshLIE is a Joker

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #30

    there has got to be another company that wants to buy our club, there has to be, i can’t take another season of AshLIE and Bruce. This is sh!t

    6
  • Rotonda heights

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:57 PM

    Comment #31

    Toon 22

    Really not the time to be gloating is it.

    Oh well no more people saying ”it’s a done deal” and ”I’m confident” blah blah blah.

    Jeez we are cursed. This could only happen to us. Not just the club but the whole city and region.

    No need for the Saudies to sue they’ll just walk away and buy another grateful club in another league.

    Don’t know who’s screwed this dream up, PL or Ash but after BZG I just can’t take this any more. This was our one chance, can you imagine Keys and Bein smirking away, it doesn’t bear thinking about.

    Only consolation is the PL won’t get the Chnese or Arab money, unless it is Ashley who has blown it.

    DONE !!

    8
  • Dondatta13

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:57 PM

    Comment #32

    Have I just witnessed my club slip away down the plug hole into oblivion?

    19
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:57 PM

    Comment #33

    Forget outside influence. It’s in their statement. Not economically viable under the current situation. Simple as that.

    2
  • IrishRob

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:58 PM

    Comment #34

    Dya know what Kevin, you’ve come on in my estimation. U haven’t goaded anyone or told anyone you were right, you’re just depressed like the rest of us. Unlike that other prick toon22 who just seems like he wants to stick the knife in and tell us all how we are all wrong.

    9
  • toon22

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:59 PM

    Comment #35

    IR

    Love you too

    Kisses

    4
  • Our Toon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 3:59 PM

    Comment #36

    The statement they’ve released makes perfect sense, they’ve pointed to uncertain economic times with covid however the key thing i take from it is the uncertainty with timescale on a decision. Can’t plan for next season, they don’t want to invest in something and find it might be to late to change anything before its to late!!

    Reet that’s me done again, have fun all

    6
  • TomaKaThor

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

    Comment #37

    Simply put unfair, corrupt pl.. 4 months without an answer and ofcourse they will never tell us the real reason.. Probably because there wasn’t any grounds to stop it, and they finally had enough…i want to actually hurt Masters

    8
  • WarrenBartonCentreParting

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

    Comment #38

    Well that’s 3 months of my life I won’t get back.. Richard Masters and his smug PL cronies can gan jump.. I’m through with “Premier” league football.. a total footing sham..
    Gutted for the fans who will have to no doubt have another 10 years of dross to put up with.
    What a sickner.

    17
  • the crown princes nashers

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

    Comment #39

    well well well, they have finally done it, thanks to the PL, the top 6, bein sports, qatar and every single so called sports reporter who will be laughing there heads off A WORD OF WARNING, YOUVE JUST WOKE UP THE SLEEPING GIANT WERE COMING FOR ALL OF YOUS

    to PIF, PCP AND THE REUBEN BROS ……………. ITS SIMPLE YOUS BOTTLED IT SO YOUS WONT BE GETTING ANY PRAISE FROM ME

    5
  • NUFCadon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

    Comment #40

    What an absolute shambles.

    Premier League Have shafted us here. Why can Newcastle never get dealt the same cards as everyone else. Yes we might get another buyer but this was our one chance to challenge for trophies and a so called non bias league have scuppered it.

    I hope there isn’t anybody even considering turning up at St. James when the doors open

    13
1 2 3 5


You must log in to post a comment.