web analytics

Amanda Staveley-Led Consortium Pull Plug On Newcastle United Takeover Attempt

Keith Downie with Sky Sports is sharing the news we all did not want to hear. The takeover is now off as the consortium has formally withdrawn it’s bid to purchase Newcastle United.

Keith Downie has also tweeted the following statement from the consortium.

This is of course devastating news for a Newcastle fanbase that has been through so much under Mike Ashley. We can’t help but harbor serious animosity towards the Premier League for allowing this to linger this long while leaving the club in limbo.

Where we go from here, we have no idea.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Insh'Allah

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

Who was it that said the FA would procrastinate until Saudi walked? I know it wasn’t me but hey, they were accurate.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

We’ve gone from a circus to a full blown farce

• the crown princes nashers

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM

mikey boy you just watch how many fans turn up to st james park, you just watch what happens to your crap direct stores now and just watch the hatred thrown at you from all corners of this country you piece of shit

• IrishRob

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:01 PM

THE PREMIER LEAGUE ARENT THE PROBLEM!!!!! Wake tf up!!!!!!! The saudis dont just hand over 17M to Ashley because they got tired of waiting.

What’s the bets collapsing the deal also stops the pl from commenting on it and telling us the real story about what went on.

• justthetoonofus

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:01 PM

I am genuinely gutted we missed on something special.

There isnt going to many people or companies in a place to buy a club of our stature with the amount of financial clout it needs to make an impact.

Guess we can still have #cans, but drowning our sorrows

• Rotonda heights

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:01 PM

toon 22

yeah you’re right but no need to make a meal of it eh?

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM

All of those people
    For all of those months
    All the horrible things said to people like me

Now want to blame me

• willgwent2k5

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM

F%ck the premier league and that utter c&nt Richard Masters. How was this type of crap allowed to happen? This buyout was doomed from the beginning by this twat that just want’s his name in the papers. How dare a club like newcastle try to eat at the top table………. complete boll$cks!

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM

IrishRob

There’s no part of me that sees this as a win, even though I was sceptical all along.

As I’ve said from the start mate, I’ve always wanted to be wrong on this.

In fact, I’ll hold my hands up and say I was partially wrong too as I was leaning towards the whole thing being a fake, and it does appear that wasn’t the case.

For all my scepticism, I still thought there was a slim chance it would happen. It’s just horrible seeing that all disappear.

• lochinvar

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM

Amanda you are a tease.
    I’ve been waiting for you but will have to go back to the Missus now.

Sob

• jonnyshaw85

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM

Gutted.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:03 PM

We are seeing people try and point the blame anywhere but towards the turd

It’s been 10 mins

Started already

• TomaKaThor

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:03 PM

What planet are you on to think this is down to Ashley.. You tin foiled hat clown

• onmeedsun

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:03 PM

I think MBS in effect pulled the plug by not playing ball on the piracy. Banning Bein was the sign that this deal was dead. Happy to write off deposit given where football is now with COVID. They’ll think they’ve dodged a bullet and at the same are still in the right on the piracy issue, so no lost credibility on that yet. Staveley has no real influence in the end.
    This club is cursed. Must be those witches that were hung at Gallowgate all those years ago. Our lives are destined to be just plain miserable. Wonder how many years I’ve got left to endure this.

• Hail Wor Staveley

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:04 PM

Fan-********-tastic!

So I was correct to return to pessimism some two months ago once the initial timeline slipped away, then 2 weeks ago saying I was 80-20 sure it wasn’t going to happen.

Munz and others like him should now shut the hell up after ignoring reality.

• Sheikh Unknown

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:04 PM

No longer commercially viable my arse! It’s 4 months since the sh@t hit the fan with regard to the economy, so how come it has taken 4 months to realise that?

• DeanToon88

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:04 PM

Absolutely devastating news, there goes any chance of being able to improve and have to settle with mediocre players, fighting relegation, I’m so sick and tired of supporting this club, there goes saint maximin, dubs, and any other player with any self-worth staying at this shambles of a club, I’m literally done.

• yogz69

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:05 PM

Toon22 why don’t you give it a rest today of all days you utter bellend

• IrishRob

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:05 PM

Look at this little prick he hasn’t shit up goading and running it in since it was announced. He almost seems happy.

Anyone ever calling toon22 a real Newcastle fan anymore should go back and read these last few threads.

Live it up you little snake!!

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:05 PM

Looks like my 12 yr self imposed exile from the club I love will last my lifetime.
    I can’t accept mauriss as he is poorer than Ashley and we all know how he has ran it.
    I sincerely hope the fans will react to this appropriately and totally boycott, at least that would give me a little comfort ( but don’t hold much hope)
    Thanks to all for being so friendly and see you when I see the club sold to someone who will care.
    TTFN X

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:06 PM

Nope

• Insh'Allah

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:07 PM

Oh f off limp lettuce (#49), THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:07 PM

Good job I didn’t buy those Fffing kippers! 🙁

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:08 PM

IR

Just as well I couldn’t care less what you think
    Until the turds gone we are done, it’s over

• Rotonda heights

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:08 PM

TCPN

Old style supporters may have had a bit of a go but new yonger fans these days just don’t care that much.

Only qestion is is it the PL or did Ash move the goalposts again? Will we ever really know with ash’s famous nda’s and super greed. Always smelt a rat with the Mauriss shenanigans. Is this ash playing out his biggest and contemptible action and con yet?

Keys, bein, ashley, masters who do

• Paul141726

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:08 PM

Had great hopes for this, but the PL saved itself embarrassment by not doing ANYTHING!!!! They waited it out hoping against hope that they would not have to make a decision and they came up aces, the barstewards.
    Oh and we will therefore never know a damn thing about the whole sordid mess.
    Hello, championship.

• onmeedsun

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:08 PM

Toon 22 and Vegan were not correct as their theory was there was no deal to start with. It’s clear there was a deal, but that the Saudis were just unwilling to own up to the piracy and sort it out with Quatar. We’ve been unlucky as this was close. I blame the Saudis and Staveley for not sorting this, but perhaps they didn’t want to sort it given the financial crisis and COVIDs impact on footy finances. This is not Ashley’s fault.

• Our Toon

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:09 PM

The chances of us being sold now with the current covid situ is pretty slim. Guess some were right when they said toon22 wanted the takeover to fail.

Toon22 gloating might make you feel better, but chances are we won’t be sold for a long time now…..maybe thats what you want all along.

Relegation next season chaps!!

• Unused Substitute

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:09 PM

What can I say; EPL deserves owners like Ashley. Waiting forever for PL’s green light and letting the current contingent assembling a team just for avoiding relegation beyond was unacceptable for Staveley & Co in all fairness. Despondent.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:09 PM

Yogz

I’ll be happy to one the turds gone
    He is still here

• RIP NUFC - shut it down

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:10 PM

Yup, the Fun88 sponsorship deal and Bein banned from operating in Saudi Arabia were clear indicators of a dead deal, if one was needed after the initial timeline slipped away; yet so many wanted to believe instead of face harsh truths, making up all kinds of rationalisations.

• IrishRob

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:10 PM

Sheik did they seriously put out that statement saying is no longer commercially viable? If they did then it’s all bs, for somone with their money it’s always commercially viable.

What’s the bets they did it to scare the Glazer’s into action. Any money the PIF will own United within the next 6 months. I BET MY LEFT NUT ON IT.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:10 PM

I’m just not havin the turd play the victim

Nope

• magscar

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:10 PM

Well we wanted an early resolution – just not this one.

I think I’ll let dust settle and get on with my Summer – Shielding officially pauses from Saturday after nearly 4 months and all of this saga – can go out again ( if confident which I’m not as yet)

• Novocastrian66

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:11 PM

The Saudi’s aren’t going to be dicked about by the PL. It may be no longer commercially viable as the PL may have wanted a restructured ownership with PCP and the Ruebens taking a larger share and nobody wanted that to happen. We have been well and truly shafted by the PL.

• Paul141726

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:11 PM

Oh yeah—-Henry Mauriss!!! Where the “f” are you now? Tosser!!!!

• geordie157

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:13 PM

Looks like we’re stuck with Ashley then and in a couple of days Matty Longstaff will be gone too.

We’re gonna need to shift Yedlin, Atsu, Muto asap and bring in Willems (maybe Rose), W. Hughes, Brooks and C. Wilson.

Don’t want Bentaleb but we’ll prob take him on loan. No chance of Dembele, Coutinho and Van De Beek now ?

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:13 PM

The Reubens are wealthy enough to buy us without PIF.

I wonder….

• Tyran21

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:14 PM

“The proposed Saudi Arabian-led takeover of Newcastle United has collapsed after the commercial agreement with the club’s current owners expired.”

Agreement expired? They have no choice but to withdraw? I look at it as there is some agreements between Buyer and Seller? Makes no sense to withdraw after this long wait if there is no clause in the contract? I don’t know, someone enlighten me please.

• ChicoUSA

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:14 PM

Just catching up with the news….you really could not make this sh!t up!