web analytics



Amanda Staveley-Led Consortium Pull Plug On Newcastle United Takeover Attempt



Keith Downie with Sky Sports is sharing the news we all did not want to hear. The takeover is now off as the consortium has formally withdrawn it’s bid to purchase Newcastle United.

Keith Downie has also tweeted the following statement from the consortium.

This is of course devastating news for a Newcastle fanbase that has been through so much under Mike Ashley. We can’t help but harbor serious animosity towards the Premier League for allowing this to linger this long while leaving the club in limbo.

Where we go from here, we have no idea.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

168 comments so far

  • Munster Mag

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:14 PM

    Comment #81

    Tsunki, it says so much about you.

    You are now looking for an apology from me, Rob Leenio etc when we are all so sickened.

    Would you ever go and do one, you selfish preening fool.

    11
  • Rotonda heights

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM

    Comment #82

    Amanda 3 years in the making. How could she not see this coming.
    There’s now not even anything to appeal against if they’ve walked and we’ll never know if the PL would eventually have said yes. What a bloody awful year and the one thing that could have lifted spirits.

    2
  • Oldgit1

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM

    Comment #83

    PL have treated our club with contempt,

    I will refrain putting my true feelings on here as I would get a ban.

    7
  • Paul141726

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM

    Comment #84

    Whether true or not, we heard something from the Saudis. Think we will hear from the PL? LIKE HELL WE WILL!

    4
  • Our Toon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM

    Comment #85

    commercially viable means a few things people, ideally they’d want to be in charge 3 weeks ago at the latest. Whatever transfer targets were lined up will have gone by the time takeover happened, infact the league would’ve started so commercially it makes no sense to takeover a club that you can’t invest in time for a new season.

    That is commercially not viable, add to that fun88 agreement, along with other things commercially which they can’t get over the line because the PL won’t approve in time.

    5
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM

    Comment #86

    Any other offers in the pipeline?

    0
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:16 PM

    Comment #87

    Looks like you’re going to get a clickathon today Ed 🙂

    0
  • Sheikh Unknown

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:16 PM

    Comment #88

    Bin Zayed Group mk2

    Normal service resumed, we won’t hear a bloody thing from the club.

    Tell us the bl@@dy truth!!!

    9
  • Kevin Vegan

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:16 PM

    Comment #89

    What’s tragic is it’ll take about a week before new rumours appear and we’ll have no idea whether they’re true. We’ll be right back in the same boat again.

    Oh the joys of NUFC…

    3
  • onmeedsun

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:16 PM

    Comment #90

    At least we know that Ashley wants our if the price is right. I agree with the frog that until Ashley leaves we are doomed to mediocrity, and after this debacle it will be ten times worse. The ‘see what you could of won’ stadium! But this is NOT Ashley’s doing, so Frog please just accept that fact. You can still slag Ashley off but this was no elaborate stunt on his part.

    2
  • Munster Mag

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:17 PM

    Comment #91

    Mund, you OK buddy ?

    0
  • Mund

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:17 PM

    Comment #92

    Crazy when I’m almost certain I’ll give up football all together now and choose another sport.

    Why would I keep supporting my team that is in a corrupt league and we are left with a corrupt owner. This sport and the premier league disgusts me.

    13
  • Jib

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:18 PM

    Comment #93

    Pete Graves@PeteGravesTV
    ·

    Need to to hear what the club say now. Fanbase understandably gutted after yet another failed takeover attempt. What is the next step? What about the interest from America? Some clarity is needed as soon as possible

    5
  • Munster Mag

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:18 PM

    Comment #94

    Vegan Kev…

    ” In fact, I’ll hold my hands up and say I was partially wrong too as I was leaning towards the whole thing being a fake, and it does appear that wasn’t the case.”

    ….wha?

    The whole thing wasnt a fake at all – as we kept telling you. Media paranoia seems to have got the better of you, or else you were just looking for attention, as I have said for weeks.

    5
  • IrishRob

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:18 PM

    Comment #95

    Like it or lump it, it’s time for everyone to walk away from nufc, stand together. Anyone caught saying that utter bs line support the team not the regime should be shot.

    YOU CANT SUPPORT A TEAM RUN BY THIS REGIME!!

    No tv subscriptions no hone or away matches when it opens up again, no merch, no nothing. We all need to walk away while this cancer is still running our once amazing club.

    18
  • Bills Son Is Back

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:19 PM

    Comment #96

    Full PIF statement…

    “With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club.

    “We do so with regret, as we were excited and fully committed to invest in the great city of Newcastle and believe we could have returned the club to the position of its history, tradition and fans’ merit.

    “Ultimately, during the unforeseeably prolonged process, the commercial agreement between the Investment Group and the club’s owners expired and our investment thesis could not be sustained, particularly with no clarity as to the circumstances under which the next season will start and the new norms that will arise for matches, training and other activities.”

    1
  • GhostToon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:19 PM

    Comment #97

    Watch Leeds Utd get taken over by QSi with no issues or delays while we sink in to oblivion.

    F@@k Mike Ashley, f@@k Steve Bruce, f@@k Sports Direct and more importantly f@@k the PL you corrupt organisation.

    I promised last year I’d never go through it again and like a complete tw@t I did. Never again f@@k Sports Direct FC

    13
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:19 PM

    Comment #98

    The reason this is so painful is because of the credibility assigned to the whole thing by folk who were saying the deal was about done, going to be announced, had inside “sources” and were told by a Mates father’s second cousins dustmans chiropractors hamster it was a done deal. All those lousy lying self promoting twitterists and cheap journalists need to be cast aside from now on. Not worth a cent any of them they are part of what is the worst of this whole charade.

    19
  • Munster Mag

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:19 PM

    Comment #99

    So now we’re stuck with an owner who clearly wants to sell and get rid, and a very average ( at best ) manager .

    I’ll be having a drink tonight

    5
  • Mund

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM

    Comment #100

    Times like this Munster what I do is look at what’s important and concentrate on that. Words aren’t enough.

    3
  • Pat On The Heed

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM

    Comment #101

    What a sickener. Wish we’d never been bid for. It’s the hope that kills ya. Back to Ligue 2 kids and relegation cast offs.

    4
  • Grumpy

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM

    Comment #102

    I would say “unbelievable”, but its Newcastle United.

    1
  • VanToonMan

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM

    Comment #103

    Every time a skysports notification came up on my phone, I would be excited and look within a second.

    The last 3 weeks, I didn’t check as quickly because I was sick of getting over excited but no words can describe how devastated, deflated and sick I feel since this news has come in.

    I truly believe no Newcastle fan should attend any more matches. As I have said before the Premier League’s product has the majority of its value by the fans of each club. Why should our fans add value when they have received nothing in return.

    Complete boycott required. Permanently empty stadium – it needs to be shown to Mike Ashley and Premier League – what the club has been reduced to over the last 13 years.

    The allowance of us to shrink and Everton, Leicester, Wolves to outspend and perform us should never be forgiven.

    7
  • IrishRob

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM

    Comment #104

    Tyran it makes perfect sense IFF the PIF never had intentions to buy us in the first place.

    1
  • FloridaToon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM

    Comment #105

    Very sad day. After dragging the takeover out for 3 months the PL has forced PIF’s hand. No time to be active in the transfer market or bring in a top manager, they would want some signings. Staying with the current squad and Bruce in charge meant uncertainty next season and possible relegation. Blame lies solely with PL.

    6
  • geordie157

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:21 PM

    Comment #106

    Exactly Kevin, Sunday’s papers will consist of ‘mystery’ buyer ready to save Newcastle

    Seems to only be our club that can’t get a takeover over the line.

    The premier league has bottled it though and showed how incompetent they are. Unfortunately it’s the likes of Keys we’ll have to listen too, he’ll be celebrating this news tonight!

    2
  • Dondatta13

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:21 PM

    Comment #107

    Get on your phone Boris…. Bend the knee and bring these guys back to the table while giving Masters a slap… If only eh

    2
  • The Hit Man & Her

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:21 PM

    Comment #108

    Munster pipe down you’ve embarrassed yourself for the last three months you’re done now give us all a rest. No more lies please.

    6
  • onmeedsun

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:21 PM

    Comment #109

    And this is not the PLs fault, as much as we want to blame them. Nor the FCBs fault for a change. Staveley and the Saudis have f***ed up by not sorting the piracy, or decided not to take the risk at this point. If a Bruce keeps us up next season then I will put him on a pedestal above Rafa.

    5
  • Jib

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:22 PM

    Comment #110

    Munster
    sláinte dia

    1
  • spb

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:23 PM

    Comment #111

    I hope the Saudis pull the plug on all arms deals with the UK.

    7
  • Northumbrian

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:24 PM

    Comment #112

    One more thing and yes I said I’m out but stavely rang Jim white from talk sport and asked him to put it out why the bid failed and its all about the prem delaying continuously, the transfer season is a week old and delays would not give them a chance to compete in the market so they had to pull out. A very tearfulamanda said the consortium had 250m straight away to invest in the team, academy and community and are heartbroken it can’t happen now. But when she said goodbye her last words were please tell the fans we won’t give up

    8
  • naptoon

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:24 PM

    Comment #113

    Blame lies solely with prem. And masters …. Utter cnuts. They said in their withdrawal statement that “time was the enemy” says it all. Like someone said earlier watch how fast west ham purchase is waived through …. Personally hope they buy Roma and scalp the prem. For every decent player in it. Sick as owt.

    6
  • Tyran21

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:24 PM

    Comment #114

    Why would they throw away the deposit?

    0
  • Tuttelbom

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:25 PM

    Comment #115

    This could only happen to our beloved Newcastle.
    Adios football. I cant stand another year with Asshley.

    4
  • nufc 11

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:25 PM

    Comment #116

    Is this the 5th or 6th failed takeover? Barry moat back in 09 was the 1st I can remember here we are again in 2020. Something not adding up, nufc must be the most toxic commodity ever known to man. Either the Saudi’s called the PL bluff or PL wanted them to bow out or Masters is incompetent 4 month’s to make decision does not look good. You would imagine in the current hardships of covid 19 the pl would welcome the endless dosh that the Saudis would have spread around? Something stinks to high heaven.

    7
  • Kevin Vegan

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:25 PM

    Comment #117

    IrishRob

    #95

    I’m standing with you on that mate.

    Once Ashley’s gone I’ll gladly contribute to the club financially again and show my support with my wallet as well as my heart.

    Until then, not another penny to the greedy scumbag that has ruined our club.

    6
  • Paul141726

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:26 PM

    Comment #118

    Whether this decision of mine will last, who can say. But when it comes to takeovers, you will (hopefully) not be hearing any comments from me about them. The team, individual players transfers and such, I will keep posting. Takeover, ha ha. Not until one happens, and I’m certainly not holding my breath.

    2
  • AncientC

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM

    Comment #119

    Part of me is relieved that PCP has had the good graces to tell us where it all stands. The daily rumour mill had become manic, repetitive, and unhealthy.

    If PCP/PIF didn’t let us know, when would Charnley have spoken up I wonder.

    I am just glad it’s over at this point.

    0
  • Jib

    Jul 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM

    Comment #120

    It’s now clear that Philip Hammond was appointed Saudi adviser because this was known and his appointment is to calm the situation

    1


You must log in to post a comment.