web analytics

George Caulkin Issues Important Clarification On Reports Of Ashley’s Involvement In Takeover Collapse

Earlier this afternoon, journalist David Coverdale tweeted the following information he said came from a source close to the Saudis.

The inference is that with the consortium losing exclusivity, which was confirmed in their statement, that Mike Ashley was free to renegotiate the terms of the deal and took the opportunity to do just that in order to squeeze more money out of the Saudis.

However, this claim quite inflammatory under the current state of affairs. It is also unsubstantiated.

George Caulkin has tweeted the following information from the consortium that Mike Ashley is not the cause of the takeover’s collapse.

We hope Ashley has potential buyers waiting in the wings as his time to sell the club is long overdue. However, in terms of this takeover failing, it seems that Ashley is not the culprit.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:48 PM

dougie,
    Let’s hope so, at least it does look like he wants to sell now.

• Nufc 4ever

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:49 PM

KV
    The day has come for you to glorify yourself on the blog
    No matter how many times you have been told to simmer you have loved it.
    No they are all picking on me I’ll report you boo hoo.
    Boycott I’ll travel 1000 miles bring your tree I can do a good impersonation of a dog
    You have loved every minute you have never backed my club ever you are a absolute clown

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:50 PM

NUFC 4ever

I’ve been a fan for almost a quarter of a century mate

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:51 PM

Don’t engage with the WUMS Jane and the irritant they want you to bite and at a time like this they will thrive on it.

Not fans complete and utter WUMS designed to get you biting.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:51 PM

Nufc 4ever,
    We all feel the same mate, why bother, it really isn’t helping.

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:52 PM

The prince,s mate
    Aye if had it be4 nice

I’m on the smokehead at the minute 25 on amazon it’s an islay really smokey
    Was hoping to use it to celebrate
    But now drowning my sorrows

You thought about a new name yet mate ,lol

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM

steve wraith
    @stevewraith
    My understanding is this takeover could be resurrected. Mike Ashley is still a willing seller. PIF PCP and Co are still willing buyers. The premier league need to budge on their position whatever it is #WeWantSaudi #NUFC Get the message to the
    @premierleague
    loud and clear

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM

TMW the prem are effectively a club with 20 members who all have a say on different topics just like when they were voting on the restart and 5 subs and water breaks all brought by the prem committee and voted on by the clubs.

• JohnJ

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:54 PM

Great White Hunter

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:06 PM

JohnJ, Tinman, enjoyed your sensible comments over the last few weeks, Mund also enjoyed your full blooded enthusiasm as well, what can we do next, hope for Stavely to resurrect the t/o or a new investor to come along, at this moment I don’t believe a word of any media as they have screwed us big time both mentally and killed our only dreams. If it stays status quo, there is only one way we are going, we need some kind of influence or change from somewhere.

A penny for your thoughts……GWH My thoughts are I’m heading for that Bottle of Malt I’ve been saving to celebrate with only it’s now a case of drowning my sorrows!

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:54 PM

Northumbrian

There will definitely be influence but they don’t vote on a decision of a takeover

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Honestly
    Dont think i can stomach another year of the turd taking a massive dump on the club

• bill

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Too gutted to say anything at the moment. What a terrible day. Very angry.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:57 PM

Mund

Hes been a willing seller for about 12 years
    Give it up

Its an utter lie

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:57 PM

What like this was a lie

• TomaKaThor

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:58 PM

I would love this all to be a ploy to call the bluff of the PL… But ain’t going to happen 🙁 PL are corrupt as f

• Nufc 4ever

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:58 PM

JFA
    MUND
    Sorry for answering him but I’m normally a reader.
    I have always enjoyed your posts but he spoils it for myself he now says supporter for 25 years and never been. That’s a fan my arse.
    I wont mention the clown again hes a mackam full stop

• Harrogate mag

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:58 PM

Captain marvel….I know I’m an idiot mate

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:58 PM

Had Rob Lee’s name on the back of my first shirt. Watched us through some spectacular years early on. Despite the decline in results and my hatred for our new owner, my love for the team has grown even stronger over the years and I only ever want what’s best for the club.

That means we need Ashley gone. Charnley, Bruce and the bulk of the backroom staff too.

We need ambition.

Owners who are willing to upgrade our facilities and our development sides so they are up to premier league standards.

We have so much potential but we are being throttled by greed.

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:58 PM

Toon 22

We are all in the same boat mate
    Just some are more vocal than others

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:59 PM

Right now
    All that matters is the club
    And its in real trouble
    IF we start the season with the same manager and no real strikers we are in proper trouble
    What do you think this will have done t the squad morale ?
    They arnt immune to this

The club need to act and act fast
    I doubt theyve a clue to just how bad a situation we are in

• Jib

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:00 PM

toon22
    Honestly

Aaaww baby can’t you ?

Is it effecting your homework ?

I wonder who he’ll sell us to next ?

Undisclosed payments

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM

NUFC4ever

Have your say mate it’s free speech

• Great White Hunter

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM

JohnJ, Fully understand, I,ve had a couple of drinks to drown my sorrows, I mean that, whiskeys my favourite tipple also, so you enjoy it mate ! Cheers.

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM

Nufc 4ever

Mate no apologies needed I fell for the trap worse of all. But believe me
    It is all designed to draw you in and since I starting ignoring all its so much easier.

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM

For what it’s worth, I’ve mentioned this story maybe last year I think it was.
    I went through a time in my life when I was trying so hard to set up a small small business so I’d be able to call myself self employed…. a lot of my time and money went into this venture but I was faced with hurdle after hurdle and this went on for nearly a year, then one day I managed to sit down with a businessman who I trusted and picked his brains and he gave me the simplest of advice…. If its not meant to be, its not meant to be… He added, you won’t see it now but this has all happened for a reason, and from that advice I’d like to think this has all happened for a good reason for the club and for us in the longterm….. we just can’t see it at the moment

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM

Mund

It fell through due to exactly the same reason as at least 4 other sales
    Its been the same thing over and over again

He wants to sell, gets a buyer, and when greed sets in he tries to mug them off
    I cba to link his business dealings over the years, go look
    Its not just our club he like this with
    Its everyone he deals with

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:02 PM

Mund just why do you think its come to light about the other teams objecting?. If someone who you knew or thought you didn’t want applied tried to join your exclusive club and you thought good god no and you could object with others and try to stop them joining what would you do?.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Mund

Alot of people here have been through this so many times its embarrassing now
    He has literally mugged off the fans,club,prem and the entire Saudi nation

He knows nothing else
    A proper Spiv, thinks hes some kind of gangster

• jane

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:05 PM

anyone who reads the comments regularly knows i called it from day 1. saying people who called it from day 1 aren’t true fans and are WUMs is pathetic. some respect would be more appropriate.

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Northumbrian letters of the law that is illegal mate they can have influence but they can’t say no because they don’t want to upset the status quo. A lot didn’t want the City deal to go through but it did but they have thrown everything at this deal to derail it, it goes way beyond a normal takeover and shown one thing the Premier League is corrupt.

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Mund
    I always admired your positivity but didn’t always agree with it…. On this very sad say i wished you’d been right and my doubts very wrong

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Toon 22

He is a gangster
    A modern day gangster is just about money

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Jane

Why do you think the PR never left here ?
    Odd isnt it

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Haha Alexa wants respect

• Munster Mag

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Has Kev even had the grace to say he was talking horlicks about the takeover being fake?

And yes Jail, it is important.

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Jane

I respect you every time you turn my heating up

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Munster not once mate says it all

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:08 PM

Alexa

Skip!

• The ledge

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:09 PM

Alexa needs a fecking upgrade id have more respect if i stepped in dog sh1te for the sh1te on my shoe .

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:09 PM

TPN

I still believe we will be rid we haven’t heard the last of this imo