web analytics

George Caulkin Issues Important Clarification On Reports Of Ashley’s Involvement In Takeover Collapse

Earlier this afternoon, journalist David Coverdale tweeted the following information he said came from a source close to the Saudis.

The inference is that with the consortium losing exclusivity, which was confirmed in their statement, that Mike Ashley was free to renegotiate the terms of the deal and took the opportunity to do just that in order to squeeze more money out of the Saudis.

However, this claim quite inflammatory under the current state of affairs. It is also unsubstantiated.

George Caulkin has tweeted the following information from the consortium that Mike Ashley is not the cause of the takeover’s collapse.

We hope Ashley has potential buyers waiting in the wings as his time to sell the club is long overdue. However, in terms of this takeover failing, it seems that Ashley is not the culprit.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2019-2020 Season

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:09 PM

I use google for my heating.

It’s less argumentative

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Mund

They said that back in 2008
    Can you see now why theres so much negativity when any “sale” comes around >

• The mighty wyn

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Northumbrian. Clubs don’t have a say or vote on takeovers
    The owners and directors test is the thing that determines it
    Clubs have a vote on stuff like water breaks etc as they’re brought on to an agenda at meetings.
    A takeover cannot be determined at those meetings
    However the clubs could be giving masters an earful on the quiet

• Muz

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:12 PM

Well that was kind of my point Northumbrian. The clubs themselves can know nothing on the takeover, (it is after a confidential process), and they technically have no say in who gets to join their gang. If the ‘big six’ have any sway in the PL then it becomes a whole different ball game. It’s essentially a monopoly which, as I said earlier, is illegal. If the big clubs can dictate who can join then they dictate other things too that’s preferential; we already see that though when you look at things like scheduling. This though, is on a whole different level.

There’ll be bungs galore going on in that place.

Staveleys words are very definitive. The message was clear and I highly doubt a woman of her calibre would carelessly through around statements that are in any way, shape or form libellous.

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM

The turd will try and play the victim
    Say its not his fault
    For the 14th time in a row

Our club is in a real mess due to this, it has to end

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM

Harrogate
    Is that your tiple as well??

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM

Mark Saggers
    @marksaggers
    My
    @NUFC
    friends and supporters, don’t despair the Saudis are still very determined.

• Nufc 4ever

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Thanks lads much appreciated I’m so down but I’ve lived through sloan sweeney years I’ll soon bounce back my take a team is for life.
    I hate the mackams but applaud the fans who have stuck with them.
    Could easily happen to us a owner like short no difference

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Mark Saggers
    @marksaggers
    Replying to
    @carl_toplis
    and
    @NUFC
    It’s not over.

• fairscup

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:16 PM

The Prince’s Mate @ 64

I know what you mean and I hope you are right.

• Pat On The Heed

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:16 PM

Man City have a European ban overturned, Man U get TWELVE penalties to ensure top 4. Rival clubs exerting influence to block the deal going through.

Haven’t bought the hard done by Geordies line up til now, but when the powers that be want the status quo to remain as it – boy it really does.

• Pat On The Heed

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:17 PM

* correction 14 penalties.

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Mund I totally agree with your last but I do tend to think that because there is a epla meeting tomorrow the prem have delayed till then and also there are quite a few members who have objected masters may have put it to the 19 members (nufc can’t vote for themselves) to vote whether they think it should go through. And then announce the takeover or non takeover decision depending on said votes.

• Harrogate mag

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:18 PM

Prince….used to drink it in my youth..always a whisky chaser on a Saturday night….missus can’t stand smell of it though n tipped it down the sink

• Mund

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:20 PM

Northumbrian

It’s not finished yet mate still more to this saga

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:20 PM

Mund

12 years thats been said so many times from so many people its not got any meaning any more
    You must see why people are so distrustful of anything connected to either what the turds said or did
    Or any notion of a “sale”

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:20 PM

So is poch still coming?

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Cominghome

I don’t like the smokey or peaty whiskeys even though they’re excellent brands
    Change my name??…. To be honest mate I’m too close to tears and just pleased on my own to think about that.
    I’m 65 and had thought I was over this shit but last time I felt like this i think I was 12 and we got beat at home off I think Leicester… I cried all the way home on the 62 bus from the toon to Killi

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:21 PM

We all so wish this would happen
    But wishful thinking’s got us nowhere

• Jib

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:21 PM

toon22
    Who do think he’ll pretend to sell us to next ?

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:22 PM

coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:20 PM

Hahahahaha

Yeh with Bale n Messi

LOL

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:22 PM

JIB

Dunno
    You got any American friends who can fill in , maybe need the publicity

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:23 PM

I think it’s safe to say that if it can get to this point and fail that we might as well save our breath until there’s an announcement next time somebody dangles the takeover worm in front of our eyes.

• Munster Mag

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Toon22, why are you laughing. You should be banned.

• #cans

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Jib – Mauriss is apparently next in the queue as informed by the very reliable Mr Keys

• The Prince's Mate

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

This is breaking my heart, shit.. I thought i was over this crap years ago

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:25 PM

And before people start shouting these are only ideas as to why they pulled out and meant to take peoples minds away from the really bad news today.
    🙂

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:25 PM

JIB

Can we get Chubby Brown in next time ?
    Or maybe Kim Jong-un as a proper left field candidate

• Harrogate mag

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:26 PM

Prince…we all with you mate…hang in there..all will be good one day ..HWTL

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:26 PM

Munster Mag

Im making a bit of fun at the farce
    You might not understand a bit of Geordie comedy

Id be happy for the turd to just go away and die right now
    Honestly

• coming home

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:27 PM

The prince,s mate

Yeah I comprehend
    I really feel sick in the gut
    I guess theres a lot of feeling like we been smacked over the head with a crowbar

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:28 PM

Mund I agree with that and oh forgot to mention Mitch is having coffee with midhat from bzg in the next couple o days.
    😉

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:28 PM

Whos up for a few hundred tickets to see the death of our club next season
    75% off

• lochinvar

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:28 PM

They’re all crawling out of the woodwork now claiming this and that.
    The politicians, the victims , the press all saying its down to us.
    Silence from the FA – so far

This is cartel territory, they get what they want.

Will the Guardian be all over this to investigate corruption and political shenanigans – don’t think so.

MP’s. Chi is going to have a word. Thanks Chi but this is not just about the club its the impact on the economy and the well being of the city at a time of economic rceession and pandemic.

Lets see now:

Where does HS2 go to ?
    Man City allowed to stay in Europe – if they hadn’t then maybe De Brune and Pep among others might have been out the door looking elsewhere.
    Man Utd – mmm, don’t go there. Chinese human rights anyone.
    West Ham even – state funded

etc etc etc

• lochinvar

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:30 PM

Beginning to make Nixon and Watergate tame by comparison

• Shoulders knees

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:30 PM

Haven’t felt this bad about NUFC since Cantona scored that goal!
    Just stunned

• toon22

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:31 PM

Wonder what the odds are for Leeds to stay up next season ?
    They like their token Northern club dont they

• #cans

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Stavelys statement about Liverpool and Spuds objecting is something that needs to be looked into – the EPL is not meant to be a monopoly where the big boys get to vote who gets big investment.

Anyway it’s all over – we’re stuck with Ashley Charnley and Bruce for the foreseeable, it’s going to be a long hard slog next season for sure – already looking at who is worse than us and won’t spend in order to avoid relegation …very depressing

• Northumbrian

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Chi onwura needs to remember that a lot of the investment would be in her constituency.

• The ledge

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:33 PM

Toon 22… Can you not just stop for one night lad we all hate Ashley but this wasn’t his fault as much as I would like to blame him .