web analytics

The Cowardly Premier League Refuse To Make The Tough Decision – They Save Themselves By Persuading Consortium To Pull Out

It was always going to be a tough decision for the Premier League, once they were given the takeover papers by Amanda Staveley on or around April 9th.

So what did they do, they waited and waited and waited and refused even in the end, to make a decision.

Either way, the knew their decision would be met with disdain.

If they OKd the Newcastle takeover, the human rights organizations and beIN Sports and others would have criticized them remorselessly.

If they said no, then Newcastle fans would ask why did it take so long (almost four months) when they eventually turned it down, and what was it turned down for?

But what did they do when they were put in a corner by letting the takeover drag on.

Not the brave and courageous thing that most good management teams would do and make an actual decision,  and do their job.

Premier League CEO Richard Masters – coward in chief

No, they persuaded the consortium to pull their bid and they saved themselves.

Phew – that was close – we almost were forced to do our job.

To be clear here is a definition of cowardice and coward:

“Cowardice is a trait wherein excessive fear prevents an individual from taking a risk or facing danger.”

“Cowardice is the opposite of courage. As a label, “cowardice” indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge.”

“A coward – a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things. “they had run away—the cowards!”

“A coward – being excessively afraid of danger or pain.

They saved themselves from having to make a difficult decision

They saved themselves from having to say exactly how the consortium failed under their current rules in the owners’ and directors’ test.

And they saved themselves from the consortium coming back to sue them.

So at the end of the day, the Premier League were thinking of nothing else but saving themselves.

And they have put Newcastle, one of their member clubs, into an awful position with four months gone down the drain, and the transfer window now open.

I cannot think that if this was a more popular club in London or in the northwest of England, it would have been approved.

The Premier League has taken the dreams of Newcastle fans away.

They have done it for their own selfish interests.

They are cowards in every sense of the word.

I know a bit about managing in a tough environment and having to make some tough decisions – and I can tell you – they are most definitely cowards in that world.

The less said the better.

• Northumbrian

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:00 AM

DR ed how do you really feel about today’s revelations? I bet your as sick as we are.
    🙁

• Romford mag

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:01 AM

Nail on the head Dr Ed 🙂

• Kevin Vegan

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:03 AM

If Ahsley wants to sell this summer, he needs to make a statement ASAP.

There will be interest. We’re a huge club and the prospect of owning such an asset is very appealing to a lot of wealthy people.

Let’s hope the reports of Ashley shifting goalposts are false as that would hint towards him not wanting to sell.

If he wants to sell, he’ll take a fair price.

• dougie

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:05 AM

Nailed it Ed.Gutless cowards.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:13 AM

Wonder what happens to the 17 million…….into the transfer kitty………into the bank……..or into thin air?

• NY Mag

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:21 AM

Nicky,

I doubt it’s that simple….but if I was to guess, it’s probably into a back pocket

• nufc 11

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:23 AM

There was been some questionable owners allowed to buy PL clubs down the years, Portsmouth, City pre Arabs, Birmingham city all bad dudes in their own right not fit to own a PL club yet none were scrutinise and played out so publicly like this takeover, a farce really, a joke, coupled with lockdown and this circus I don’t think there is much more nufc fans can take, thanks very much Masters I wonder what dirt was dug up on you? to make you play ball with the powers that be who were against this deal.

• onmeedsun

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:24 AM

It would just be nice to know the facts and reasons. I can’t see that other clubs have a veto, or that Ashley would have messed them around. The Saudi state being a director. So what, put them in. Who cares. Unless of course it was a PL ruse to tie the piracy to the deal. If it’s true that clubs vetoed our deal, I’d like to see those clubs at SJP. Gloves off!

• Paul141726

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:30 AM

Oh onmeedsun, I’m afraid we will never know the facts and reasons. Especially coming from Masters and his cronies. Did some clubs twist an arm or two, who knows.
    And NY Mag, as far as the 17mil —- if it’s added to the 35 that has been reported, along with a sale or two (not ASM, not Almiron and not Dubs), I hope for a very good up and coming striker, plus a left and right back.
    But then, what the hell do I know.

• Mund

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:31 AM

Well said Ed from the heart that purely.

Keep the faith one way or another we will be rid of Ashley

• nufc 11

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:32 AM

Nufc fans should hold a mass protest outside Masters home, very like what mufc fans did outside Ed Woodward home in January, bring the red flares aswel. Invite all the news crews make a scene of epic proportions then real answers maybe given and the corruption behind this may come to light.

• Northumbrian

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:35 AM

I’ll bid you goodnight with this thought.
    35m + player sales for Bruce and co, 41m from man citeh for ake.
    Says it all,welcome to pound land.

• Vask

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:35 AM

So they’re still saying it’s not over. It could be that the media have gotten so use to our clicks that they’re trying to stretch the saga out until the next viably vague rumour gains momentum.

Walking away is a classic negotiation trick but surely it’s not a viable one in a situation where you are not negotiating with the seller.

Personally, it doesn’t matter to me who owns the club. I still can’t afford to go or buy any merchandise or sky television. So as a fan I have very little relevance to modern high end football.

Anyways, onwards and sidewards!

• Romford mag

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:37 AM

Night northumbrian 🙂

• Northumbrian

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:37 AM

Oh and did I mention ake is one player, we need at least 4.

• SPRINGY

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:38 AM

Utter shite….if it was any other side in premier league… Christ,even probs the football league…i doubt it wouldn’t of been such a circus of a shiteshow, absolutely shambolic….waste of time staveley saying she won’t give up… coz bottom line… it looks like the premier wont approve it.
    Maybe there back hander wasn’t big enough to ok the deal… the corrupt,greedy butch of self righteous Hypocrites.

• Romford mag

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:40 AM

I’m outta here too
    Good night mund 🙂
    Good night all

• SPRINGY

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:43 AM

Not that we’ll have money to spend but if we were to look at a striker…olly watkin at Brentford looks a seriously good young talent,can see him being a big player for a big club a few year down the line…shame.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:03 AM

There is no way Ashley will put the £17m in to the club. Football is corrupt, right to the top. We all know this. Supporters are being taken for mugs. In these difficult times we can all shove it up to the money men by refusing to buy the tv packages. It’s the only way. The sport is dead. It’s about money now. Nowt else.

• FloridaToon

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:06 AM

Just throwing this out there, not saying its true in anyway. If the Mauriss bid is true, 350 mil., is it possible MA “asked” the PL to drag it out this long so he could except bids from others? And of course will send Masters a thick envelope at a later time or even just some of the 17 million he many think he gets to keep since the deal fell through?

Or less sinister have the PL drag it out so he could move the goalposts once again?

• Novocastrian66

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:17 AM

I’m sick of this shit show. I have had enough. The sport isn’t even entertaining any more. I cannot remember watching a match without someone cheating. The knackers on the tv even say things like players have been clever when they are blatantly cheating. Well in any other walk of life, cheating it isn’t clever or allowed but it is okay in football, even encouraged. Well I have had enough.

• Tonyd3b54

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:20 AM

Kind of wish we got relegated so the saudis could buy us and just not have to go through the PL. Can we choose to play in the champo next season? wishful thinking. Anyway, so when are we torching the PL offices?

• smick601@hotmail.com

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:28 AM

Well done Sepp Blatter sorry mr C Masters of so called cowardly PL. Loads of investment for the North East economy devastated, millionsof fans world wide (especially kids)dreams shattered , Relegation to champion ship. No Eplanation .Hope you sleep well and Resign and what ever minions you have Now before their are hundreds of thousand signitures including Mps I suppose. Oh and don,t hit the door on your way out. YOURS CALMINGLY Maggie May

• jdwbuzz

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:40 AM

The Premier League has completely dropped the ball on this account. My Mom is a proud Geordie and I have followed Newcastle United since I was a child. This team deserves to have true ownership that supports the fans. This is a travesty…….

• ChicoUSA

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:40 AM

Dr Ed,
    I feel exactly the same! The PL cowards had their day…..but they have lost their integrity and any respect form true minds!

• carltoon

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:51 AM

Well I’ve calmed down a little now, wiped my tears, I’ll never ever believe anything from now on, not listen to rumours, not take notice or care what people say, if I can I will try to give it up, or when the time comes decide to go, I’ll please myself what I do. Don’t ever tell me what to do or where to go. RESPECT, well let me tell you that’s something you have to earn. and you certainly don’t earn it on a football blog.

• lesh

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:12 AM

onmeedsun

Wasn’t there some talk not so long ago about some EPL clubs leaving the Prem to join a European (?) super league?

And weren’t two of the clubs mentioned Spurs and Liverpool?

If those two told the EPL that allowing the NUFC bid to go ahead might accelerate their and possibly others’ departure from it?

• lesh

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:14 AM

carltoon

Keep your chin up gal and bear in mind that you’ve a lot of friends on here. Take care.

• Unused Substitute

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:21 AM

When the hopes of a large number of well meaning people gets shattered once it’s not tragic; it is when that sort of thing starts to happen every year. Wonder whether we’re to see another relegation under Ashley and Bruce’s watch next year this time.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:24 AM

the PL are cowards and corrupt.

Boycotting NUFC is not enough. Do NUFC fans have the guts to cancel the sky/BT subscription?

already in huge releagation trouble. it was god awful watching us this season under Bruce and it’s going to be more of the same next season. just without the luck. certainly bookies favorite for relegation.

• carltoon

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:33 AM

Lesh, thank God, because I’ve no one here that understands, just have to pull my self together. I’ll go to town tomorrow buy myself something nice.

• carltoon

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:42 AM

If only the whole thing had been kept quiet, like it was supposed to be, we would have been non the wiser, to have it played out in public and the whole world and his dog saying what should happen. What us fans should be feeling, and it won’t stop, we’ll get it all now the inquest, the insults, the laughing, it could only happen to Newcastle.

• carltoon

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:46 AM

Martoon, I’ve just donated to Sir Bobby’s charity, for all your work, it’s cheered me up a bit.

• carltoon

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:47 AM

Well killed the blog. Goodnight lads, no dreams left.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:47 AM

No no Carltoon. Chin up. Ashley is going. It’ll happen.

• Assassins Inc

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:03 AM

The Premier league is fixed, end of conversation.
    If any team in London or Manchester Liverpool etc would have had the same bid the sale would have gone through, this is a complete distain for the north of England, they didn’t want a team like Newcastle challenging the Status Quo, they wanted the likes of Newcastle to Struggle and be a whipping post for the clubs with money, it makes great TV for them. How can Masters keep his job, when someone phucks up this bad they would be fired. I’m sending Master a curse, you plucked around with the wrong team.

• swemag

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:56 AM

I know it’s over, but it never really began…

• swemag

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:59 AM

I know it’s over – still I cling
    I don’t know where else I can go
    Over and over and over and over
    Over and over, la…
    I know it’s over
    And it never really began

• the crown princes nashers

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:20 AM

well my sleep pattern went to hell last night so the wife kicked me out the bed 🙂 I have thought of something though, ashley could put the club on the stock exchange and people ie amanda and co could buy up the shares and theres nothing the PL and top clubs could do about it

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:38 AM

Well done carltoon, that’s four of us have made a donation, only another seventy eight to go.