web analytics

Details From Today’s Premier League Meeting Have Emerged

The Premier League has held their meeting to vote on some pressing issues ahead of the coming season. Of those, VAR, substitutions, and the return of fans were some of the higher priority items on the agenda.

The Mirror is reporting that clubs have voted 11-9 against keeping the substitutions at five and to revert back to three per match. They also voted 10-10 against having the matchday squads kept at 20. Since at least a 14 votes majority is needed, both measures have been squelched for next season.

So we’ll see a return to the three substitutions and 18 matchday squad limits. It is thought that many of the smaller clubs saw the extra substitutions as an advantage for the larger clubs due to their depth.

The other issues discussed were with VAR and fans attending matches, though the report does not have an update on either of those. Though it does mention that with FIFA taking the reins on VAR, referees could be the ones checking monitors to be consistent with other top leagues.

The clubs also discussed having an emergency plan in place should the season need to be suspended or canceled if another surge in coronavirus cases happens. This was only discussed and won’t be up for a vote until the next meeting.

Help for lower-tier EFL clubs as well as dates for the Carabao Cup was also discussed during today’s meeting.

Would You Bring In Rose As Free Agent Or Willems On Season Loan This Summer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Note – here’s a petition to sign to get an independent review of the EPL Takeover process – please sign it – thanks.

• Romford mag

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:37 PM

While I’m here First 😉

• Tsunki

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:38 PM

only because I let you.

• Romford mag

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:39 PM

Tsunki

Your too kind 😉

• lochinvar

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:40 PM

Presumably they ran out of time before getting to AOB

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:40 PM

Tsunki – you know as well as I do that many of those signatures on Change.org are fake. And also many people will just sign it without properly reading it. I’m not saying that the petition can’t have a positive effect, just having it with so many signatures puts the topic in the news, I’m just saying that I can’t sign it in its current form.

• Munster Mag

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:41 PM

If we did get 100K, what does that entitle us to, can someone advise tks

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:41 PM

hibbit

If you weren’t referring to me then seeing as you’ve taken issue with my previous posts on the takeover you STFU if I make any more posts that don’t support your views.

What’s good for the goose…

Is good for the gander.

• Jib

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:41 PM

Tsunki
    you didn’t believe text Bruce would keep us up
    Ergo
    He’s done an unbelievable job

• Jib

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:42 PM

believe even

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:43 PM

Reading those comments from Merson generally is what annoys me about pundits if its Arsenal or Chelsea he’s giving it the owners need to be putting 200 million to get challenging for the league blah blah

But then its always “Ashley shouldn’t be putting anymore money in” what about the clubs money!?

Also 400 million to climb 2 places what planet is he on hell if we had have bought Rondon and improved Perez contract we would have finished top 10 even with Bruce in charge

• Tsunki

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:45 PM

But jib you’re wrong about what I Believed

• Jib

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:48 PM

The bluenoses getting humped im Dutschland
    17.55 Bayer Leverkusen vs Rangers
    followed by Wolves humping the Thrylos in Brum
    20:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Olympiakos Piraeus

• chancel be a fine thing

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:50 PM

I took a look at Amnesty international’s website one click on their “weapons” box and a scroll down leads to some bumf about about them helping to stop arms sales by the UK to KSA in 2019.
    Now surely they should be very upset that these arms sales have started again. Surely they should be writing letters which get publicity in the national press. Apparently not. Likewise Disney, cruise lines etc, apparently not. But the sale of a football club to a Saudi investment company, well that’s another story.

• Tsunki

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:50 PM

TDS I’m not going to go on about it but if you think its the only petition with fake entries then not just time but reality has gone by you.

• onmeedsun

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:52 PM

Most football pundits are just plain thick and Merson falls into that bracket. Using his logic Wolves or Leicester would not have spent what they have ( actually reasonably modest sums) to get into the top 6/7 and compete in cups. We have every right to expect our club to want to be there.

• onmeedsun

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:56 PM

And the signing of the petition.
    TDS makes some valid points but essentially all we are signing up to is the fact we are not happy with the PL process. Let’s not get too hung up on words. It was put out there next day. There wasn’t time to spend a week agreeing the words. We have made our point and now it’s up to NUST, Council and MPs to fight our battle for answers.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Tsunki – I agree about other petitions which is why I rarely sign them. I only sign them if I totally agree with them. I’m not criticising others for signing it, I think it shows passion, but I just wish it had been worded in a proper and honest way.

• onmeedsun

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:00 PM

I am sick of pundits getting away with saying stuff that is incorrect and misleading. The anchor guy should challenge what they say. They are all just lazy. Who is fighting our corner?
    CEO of BSkyB or whatever it’s called now is a Geordie and Toon fan. I wish he’d sack a few!

• peter5199

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:01 PM

KV

Just because you do not get caught stealing (illicit streams) does not make you innocent. Stealing is stealing.

I remember when I was about 6 years old, in post office, dad getting family allowance or something. Got the money, turned away and then went back to to window. “you have made a mistake” he said and the teller pointed to a sign saying mistakes cannot be rectified.

Fine said my dad, you gave me £10 too much….goodbye

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:02 PM

onmeedsun – I know it’s just my opinion about the petition. And I am pretty sure I’m in the minority on that one. It wouldn’t have taken long to get it worded properly either, just run it by a couple of people, ideally someone who is a NUFC fan but understands a bit about business and legality.

We’re talking about a business decision here, we’re not talking about a petition to change the style of football at the club, put in a more attack-minded manager or do everything possible to keep Matty at the club for example. I know those are partially business decisions too but they are mostly football. The takeover is the other way around.

• onmeedsun

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:04 PM

TDS
    But the petition came from fans, not business gurus. Just see it for what it is. This is not a tax return!

• hibbit

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:05 PM

one of very own so called fans casting doubt like that on the validity of the signatures on the petition,
    right here on a public forum, looks to be like someone is trying to discredit the petition integrity and bring it into disrepute.

you have to wonder why one of our own would want to do that ???

• peter5199

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:06 PM

we have 6 weeks for 100,000 signatures, parliament is in summer recess

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:08 PM

onmeedsun – don’t have to be a business guru to write it well. I’m a fan, I’m in sales and I deal with business stuff legal contracts fairly often. There must be others like me on this forum and any one of us could have written or edited it.

• hibbit

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:09 PM

BSIB i’ll avoid you like the plague in future,

• Ben Afri

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:09 PM

Hibbit #22

I’m completely with you there. I don’t want to make accusations, but I’m beginning to think so too. All this BS verbal gymnastics and false sanctimonious crap about the moral high ground… I don’t buy it

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:09 PM

Hibbit – Don’t be an arse. You’ve been on this forum since the petition was launched and seen multiple people post about how to sign the petition multiple times and multiple people tell them to stop posting about doing it. None of whom were me…

• onmeedsun

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:10 PM

Peter.
    When I was 7 or so I was hooked on making Airfix models. Must have been the glue smell!
    Anyway, I never had enough pocket money to buy enough models. I’d seen my Dad putting coins in a black box in his bedroom, so I decided to take a look. It was full of 50p coins. So armed with my stash I went to buy a load of models. The following week my mother questioned me as to where I’d got the money to buy my models. The little black box silly!
    My Dad marched me down to the shop to confess my sins to the owner.
    I did get a pocket money rise soon after!

• chancel be a fine thing

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:11 PM

IMO the purpose of the petition is to garner publicity for the issue, by getting publicity elsewhere to bring it to the attention of others. It doesn’t matter if it’s full of ‘fakes’ or multiple entries. Like Tsunki says, they all are. Change dot org don’t care, it’s more email addresses for them to sell and if the petition is called out for being ‘corrupt’, then that’s just more publicity.
    We all know the petition will not make the government do anything, but that’s not the point.
    I don’t know how many people went on the ‘let’s not Br-exit’ march, but let’s say that number represents approx 50% of the population. Again I don’t know how many went on the ‘let’s respect the human rights of Iraqi’s and not bomb the fk out of them’ march. But in my mind it was more and therefore represented the majority of the population, whose views the government are meant to represent.
    So yes the petition is not going to change anything, but you can bet the PL is praying for it to be small and to fade away as quickly as possible. Is that not reason enough to sign it.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:11 PM

But this petition is informal. It’s a gov.uk one that actually matters if it gets to 100k isn’t it?

Also, does anyone know if the government can actually do anything? My understanding is that national governments can’t interfere with the ruling body for football in the country.

• Online Guy

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:11 PM

Bills on his back

Would you mind turning the cold tap off ?

It’s pouring cold water on all the positivity here.

• peter5199

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:13 PM

onmeedsun

🙂

My big mistake was losing a tooth , putting it under the pillow and hiding under the bed. Caught my dad who then said ” well that saves me £1 a tooth” did not even get that one!

• onmeedsun

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:14 PM

TDS.
    I’m a finance director and could have written a better one, but how on earth do you control a process like that unless we all agree that everything must come from the Trust. Some kid used his initiative and put something out there for us to back. Forget the words. We know by backing it the world knows we are not happy with the PL process. End of.

• Online Guy

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:14 PM

Jib

Your away with the pin out today telling Genjikia how to behave .

Gerr off ya fat arse and follow his example ya hairy chuff .

And tell Vinegar Tits Jane to do the same.

• Regan

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:16 PM

There’s always someone wanting to piss on yer chips….he’ll be on the other keyboard in a minute…Jesus

• Regan

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:17 PM

Vinegar tuts….lmfao

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:17 PM

onmeedsun – I get your point, I truly do. It’s just me. I rail against stuff like this because I don’t think it’s going about things the right way. It’s a business decision so it should be approached in that manner. I want to WIN! So to win, you have to understand the opposition and attack them in the best way. I just think the best way would have been to word something that lots more people could have signed (me, Shearer, Ant & Dec etc.) Take out the assumptions, untruths and libel and why wouldn’t a NUFC sign it?!

• Regan

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:20 PM

Vinegar tits will be in asda lol

• hibbit

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:20 PM

TDS if you don’t want to sign it that’s fair enough, but to doubt its credibility and its integrity on an open forum is unforgivable in my eyes, your just making bullets for others to fire, if the press or media pick up on that we’ll know who to blame,
    the enemy within,

• peter5199

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:21 PM

We have to remember one thing.

We are TOON

We get as much justice as Nelson Mandela in the 70’s and 80’s.

Simples… mind you ….even he got free eventually

1 2 3 7