web analytics

Local Journalist Confirms Newcastle’s Interest In Young Right-Back

Newcastle’s surprise link to Bologna right-back Takehiro Tomiyasu has been confirmed by Lee Ryder with The Chronicle.

According to Ryder, Newcastle scouted the Japanese international earlier this year prior to the lockdown. He claims Bologna value the exciting young prospect at around £15m.

The 21-year-old joined Bologna only last summer from Belgium’s Sint-Triuden for just over £7m. He had an excellent inaugural season in Italy and has attracted attention from the like of Roma.

He is on Newcastle’s shortlist but with three right-backs on the books, he’s not currently seen as a priority target. Though that could change if Newcastle are successful in offloading DeAndre Yedlin, who is entering the final year of his contract.

Newcastle have offered the American to clubs around Europe in the hopes of selling him this summer. Sport Witness is citing a report from Turkey that Besiktas are interested in Yedlin as well as former Magpie Davide Santon, currently at Roma.

Recent reports also have indicated that Yedlin could be up for an extension due to an appearance clause in his contract. Whether that helps or hinders a move away is unclear.

The 26-year-old is currently the third-choice right-back so maybe finding a new club, whether on loan or permanently, is the best option for him.

• hexhamtoon

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:28 PM

News about a toon signing about to come up on Sky Sports News

• Ash4eva

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:28 PM

Local journos know less than nothing.

• Ash4eva

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:29 PM

What they do know is linking us with a RB at a time when everybody knows we need a ST will generate outrage and clicks.

• Munster Mag

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:31 PM

So was Jib banned? I didn’t think he had said anything offensive recently but may have missed some of the action.

• hexhamtoon

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:36 PM

No revelations just saying there’s still interest in Fraser Wilson and Holding

• Munster Mag

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:36 PM

Hexham, I’m confined to bed. Anything said on Sky?

• The Ledge

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:37 PM

Let’s hope its a lifetime one this time .

• The Ledge

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:40 PM

Oh I forgot he already had one lets hope its his second lifetime ban then.

• mindshaft

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:44 PM

When did Linton ever have good games ?
    He was absolutely awful as a striker and just average when shoved out a bit wider – we bought a dud , shit happens

• Darnik

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:46 PM

Buying duds has become more regular under this incompetent regime

• The Ledge

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:47 PM

Quite a few in Germany when playing in his preferred position.and under the guidance of a decent manager .

• mindshaft

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:47 PM

Munster – Jib had a habit of randomly lashing out and being very vindictive …
    Think someone mentioned he’d been banned for being particularly nasty about someone’s wife and kids – I don’t miss him to be honest but wouldn’t be surprised if he was back o there under a new name

• Ash4eva

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:56 PM

I lost my patience with Joelinton before most, then after lockdown I lost my goodwill towards him as well because he clearly threw in the towel. Wasn’t even putting himself about anymore and working hard, nor could he trap a bag of cement.

Let’s hope a miracle occurs and the break has done him some good.

He needs to stick to competing for one of the supporting forward roles. Never a ST and he shouldn’t fall into being comfortable with becoming a £40m utility backup. Has to compete for either LWF/AM/RWF and make a place his.

If Fraser and Wilson come in, he’ll find it very difficult to get starts, but has to take the chance when it comes.

• Tsunki

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:03 PM

Mind it’s odd for someone so ken to get in on someone else’s behalf that when I ask you what post you were objecting to you can’t or won’t point it out to back it up. What’s the problem this time? Either the post exists or it doesn’t, you only have to say. Otherwise you look like you were lying, so what is it?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:05 PM

Joelinton’s goal against Sheffield United pretty much to me showed what his strengths would be if played in his proper position

Strength to hold the ball then he played it wide and made a late run into the box that an attacking midfielder/forward would do it was so natural for him to make that movement when he plays up front he doesn’t know where to be at all

You do wonder what our recruitment team was thinking that he would be a younger version of Rondon? Did Bruce just see a big Brazillian and think yes I can just hoof it up to him all season?

Its no wonder Rafa didn’t renew his contract when being told Rondon wouldn’t be signed and Perez was off to be replaced by Joelinton and ASM who we were actually lucky that it worked out in his first season! Still nowhere near Perez level of goal involvement mind you

• Mund

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:09 PM

Tsunki

I’m not lying I’m choosing to not get into a debate with you who I have no time for and will bring more dramas up. The post does exist and I know your….well I think your intelligent to know which post I’m talking about. It’s done now why do you want to bring stuff up? Why do you think tourn

Ermm who is thinking I’ll be lying?

Just you? Oh ok. I should tell you again for the 3rd time not bothered.

• Mund

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Did you mention earlier you got moderated? Speaks volumes

• geordie157

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:18 PM

Thauvin available on a free end of season, I’d take him back.

He won’t be coming back though, he’s too good for us now

• Optimistic prime

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:19 PM

I don’t think im being moderated but my first post of the day doesn’t appear until I post my second, two days in a row, all my other posts appear straight away.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:20 PM

Thauvin under Bruce would get injured in his first week back and put on about 5 stone and sit on his contract for 4 seasons

• Scythe For Bruce

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:22 PM

Kets – yes, Doumbia got 21 goals in 33 games (all competitions) in the SWISS league, followed by 8 in 29 in the Portuguese league the season after that and then 3 in 22 in La Liga the season after that. The lad has only ever really ‘thrived’ in the Swiss league if you look at his career stats.

Yes, yes, I know I’m trying to have a convo with Kets and that makes me look like a fool, but it’s Friday. I’m up for a laugh.

• The Ledge

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:22 PM

What the hell is fraser waiting on sign the bloody contract

• The Ledge

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:25 PM

Maybe the taught of ice baths in our 240 litre wheelie bins is putting him off he only 5 ‘2 or something maybe he is afraid of drowning.

• barkel

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:40 PM

Maybe it’s more to do with him not playing a game of football in 6 months and with very little training

• Tsunki

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:46 PM

There you go Mund that’s not so hard, you knew the post had been moderated, even though the content wasn’t really of moderation quality. It appears someone complained loudly enough to the blog overlords to have it cut out. Not content with geordietom fabricating undue indignation from bants innocent jest, we have someone scuttling off to get people moderated as well. I wonder if that’s the fate that befell jib and Anglo?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:48 PM

Fraser is maybe waiting for the club to commit to signing a striker

• Mund

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:52 PM

Tsunki

Thanks you have just shown your card. I said you knew all along what post it was. I didn’t know anything about it getting took down as o haven’t looked back. If someone complained about you and you got moderated I’m thinking it might be something you did wrong.

Tsunki like I said yesterday kidda, transparent.

• TomaKaThor

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:54 PM

Apparently Ritchies wages are a sticking point in any swap deal with Wilson… Never should of gave him that new deal

• TomaKaThor

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:57 PM

FRASER TALKING WITH NEWCASTLE

Ryan Fraser is on Tyneside for face-to-face talks with Newcastle United.

The free-agent arrived this lunchtime to meet Steve Bruce and his staff. Fraser has not yet decided on his future, and no agreement is in place yet, however we understand he is leaning towards a move to Newcastle.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:01 PM

Tony Hancock is the only comedian named after four parts of the human anatomy.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:07 PM

Gary lineker is welcoming refugees into his home! I hope they steal all his jewellery and money. And crisps.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:12 PM

Of course Richie’s wages will be a sticking point!

Eddie Howe said when he signed for Newcastle originally they couldn’t compete with the wage we offered and he’s had a new deal since then so doubt it was for less money?

• Ketsbaia9

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:33 PM

Doumbia did well in the Champions League when playing for CSKA Moscow. Great player. Thauvin on a free is a no brainer.