web analytics

Three Newcastle Youngsters Handed Debuts For Their Loan Clubs

Midfielder Mo Sangare was in the starting eleven for Accrington Stanley as they faced Peterborough at home. Stanley went in front with an injury-time volley in the first half from striker Dion Charles. Mo was brought off in the 83rd minute for defender Ben Barclay. Left-winger Tariq Uwakwe doubled Stanley’s lead in the 85th minute handing Stanley a 2-0 win to open the season. Tom Allan was an unused substitute for Accrington, who travel to face Burton Albion next Saturday.

Kelland Watts made his Plymouth debut at home against Blackpool. The Pilgrims grabbed an early lead through Welsh U21 international Luke Jephcott, who headed home a 3rd-minute cross. The visitors had the lion’s share of possession but Plymouth held strong to take all three points. They’ll face Leyton Orient in the second round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.

Goalkeeper Jake Turner was handed his debut for Morecambe as they traveled to face Cheltenham. Striker Alfie May gave Cheltenham the lead with a 26th-minute goal after a cross fortuitously bounced off the bar and landed at his feet. The Shrimps leveled the match when they were awarded a penalty in the 78th minute which midfielder Adam Phillips converted. Striker Carlos Mendes Gomes gave Morecambe a late victory on a counter-attack in the 92nd minute. Turner faced 17 shots, 8 of which were on target as he helped Morecambe get off to a winning start.

How Will Newcastle Fare At West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:07 PM

lesh
    Can you explain the relevance please?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:11 PM

Darnik,
    He didn’t concede two. Guatia would have got two points plus four for a CS and I’m assuming two save points, you get a point for every three saves. I bet he gets bonus points as well which I can’t explain.

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:12 PM

Tom

Ow do mate. He played a blinder today. Really impressed me. I’ve told him all week I need to see him battle more, work hard on the ball and off the ball. Showed him this week how to use his body strength and you’re arms as you are in control of the ball. Tried to get a winning mentality installed in him.

He was grounded and I said to him I lift that and you can have your mate sleep over if you do everything I’ve taught you.

Mate honestly he did far better than I could of asked. He just came alive in the fact he wanted the ball he was shouting, making runs and battling every step of the way.

Really impressed and see him as a winger like his dad.

Thanks for asking mate. Match tomorrow can’t wait.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:14 PM

Aye, all three BP.

• lesh

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Darnik

Best ask t hibbit to explain the significance of Grimstone’s involvement. Twas he that proposed there is some significance to it.

• geordietom

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:16 PM

mund …

your one happy dad today mate , well done young mund . dont push him to hard though …

• Dondatta13

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:20 PM

Looking at Bet365, they have listed a one Elias Sorensen @4.33 to score at anytime!

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:21 PM

Tom

Rewards for hard work mate. At first maybe pushed him a little bit to hard but I’ve balanced it all out now and he sees today that not only does he have a proud dad he can do stuff he didn’t realise he could do, so he gets his own reward with confidence. Can’t wait for tomorrow. Be a few V-Bucks I’ll owe him lol

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:21 PM

Lesh

Can you just explain please?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:22 PM

2 Hours 38 Minutes to KO.

• lesh

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:23 PM

Darnik

Other than the fact that Grimstone’s a fairly recently appointed minister in this current government, has much high-level experience and knowledge in and of private sector finance, and no doubt clout, I can’t see much that would make him a useful intermediary between the EPL and the consortium’s efforts to get the PFI- KSA issue sorted.

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:24 PM

Thought you blood knew Lesh lol

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:25 PM

Cheers jail so how do defenders earn points sorry to be a pest

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:26 PM

Cheers lesh sounds promising

• Great White Hunter

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:28 PM

Mind, My young,un was also a winger, fast a whippet, fully enthusiastic but struggling with ball control etc…., most of the team struggled to get corners, free kicks into the box. I spent hours on the local field, pitch, him putting in crosses and low and behold he took all the corners, free kicks for the team. Really proud like all dads, mams etc….., the hard thing not losing your temper when the opposition chops down you kid ! But this was 25 years ago, probably things a lot different not, hope your lad enjoys his footballing career ! Cheers, good luck to him(and dad)

• t hibbitt

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:32 PM

i see a very well respected figure in both business and government, ex senior board member/chairman of barclays,
    he brings with him respectability, and a person known to both sides plus government,
    he’s been brought in to lead this deal to an acceptable conclusion for both parties, and new owners for us,

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:32 PM

Darnik,
    With clean sheets 4, assists 3 the same as everyone else and a massive 6 for a goal.

• Great White Hunter

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM

Should be Mund, sorry mate..

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM

I hope Keita doesn’t punish me 🙁

• hexhamtoon

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:35 PM

Well he Koched that up

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM

Cheers Great white

Brilliant isn’t it!!! Being a footy Dad.

I love it and help with the coaching. It’s not my team but I’ve spoke to the football club and I said next season I want to take my own team. They have been trying to get me involved for a while and I couldn’t through other commitments and in the end someone else took it a young lad. I help out and all that but I need my own team and don’t wanna tell the manager just yet but I’ll be taking 3 players lol I’ll keep that info to myself for the rest of the season.

What I noticed with him he doesn’t push himself to that next level, he didn’t understand competitiveness and let the game slide by. So for the last two weeks I’ve tried to get a different mentality and that sure showed today. Missed a trick as I coached him on all other matters but that and it was the missing ingredient.

Like you know yourself you put the hours in it pays dividends. Hard work and a keenness to learn can turn any average player into a good player.

• lesh

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM

Regan

Did I see a typo when you told us what you’re having for your dinner? Surely it should’ve been Chicken Regan josh

• Great White Hunter

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM

1 – 0 Liverpool. Sahla pen. 3 mins

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:38 PM

Cheers hibbit

I did some research and you might be onto something there.

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:38 PM

Hibbit
    So reading between the lines him being Involved increases the chance of it getting passed?

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:40 PM

Darnik that would be correct and good shout hibbit

• Regan

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:42 PM

LESH…
    That’s what i asked for mate…
    Said it’d be an extra fiver…lol

• hexhamtoon

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:42 PM

Wow Leeds equaliser

• Great White Hunter

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:43 PM

Great goal by Leeds 1. – 1. Wow….

• hexhamtoon

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:44 PM

Great goal Jack Harrison

• Regan

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:44 PM

GT. ..New kitchen. ..
    Means more decorating mate

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:45 PM

Get in salah
    Jakeys giants going down mate 😉

• lesh

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:46 PM

Mund, Darnik

Grimstone’s involvement suggests government interest in seeing that the takeover goes through and thus relationships with KSA aren’t soured.

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that EPL want government help to get paying customers back into grounds asap.

The fact that Grimstone’s a serving government minister and not a former one, speaks volumes – I’d guess.

A bit of back-scratching might be on the cards?

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:47 PM

Regan
    Was the extra fiver for the massive napper lol

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:48 PM

lesh
    I’m getting excited now mate ;=

• t hibbitt

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM

Lesh i think the Barclays link between Gary Hoffman and Lord Grimstone is very significant,

• lesh

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM

Regan

I would’ve thought your curry house would have its menu reprinted. A dish called Chicken Regan Josh just oozes class and’d be worth the extra fiver to your average paying customer. Free to you of course.

• Mund

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM

Cheers Lesh

I did some googling as you do and I see it now. I believe wholeheartedly that this takeover in the end will be approved and that was before reading up. Premier league acting like big dogs, now it’s time for the government to show who holds the cards. (Even tho i cant stand the powers of be of this country)

• Darnik

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM

This is getting very intriguing now

• hexhamtoon

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:51 PM

Van Dijk header from a corner