web analytics

Shearer Impressed With New Signing, Striker Linked With Move To Spain, And Roma Winger On The Radar – Today’s News Roundup

Alan Shearer raved about Callum Wilson’s display at West Ham during Match of the Day, Yoshinori Muto is linked with a move to Spain, and a report claims Newcastle have enquired about a loan move for Roma’s Cengiz Under.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Our player ratings for the West Ham win reveal a balanced and professional display.
  • Mike Ashley was at the London Stadium and witnessed the instant impact of the new signings.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match In Win At West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Government applying a lot of pressure now as well

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:14 PM

Mund i respect you mate, my advice is forget about any takeovers for the moment and concentrate on the football and the here and now, and with luck Ashley will be gone in another year or two, if he is really as keen to see the club as he makes out he should have simply no problem in selling a huge club like Newcastle with all its untapped potential

• toon22

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM

They will drag it out for a while yet
    Thye wont want to look like they caved in

Both sides will want to save face
    Maybe if theres some big event, they will take advantage to agree the sale
    Bury the news in some other story

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM

carltoon

Colchester is just up the road from me, about an hour away.

Unfortunately we are going away for a few days ourselves otherwise I’d say pay us a visit.

There is the castle if that’s your thing although I don’t know if it’s closed due to covid, not sure about the Zoo either.

I’d check both of them out first, the Castle is in the town centre but the Zoo is a few miles from it.

Another place you might enjoy is Maldon which isn’t too far away.

• toon22

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:18 PM

Yes WH didnt play very well
    Yes theyve not bought much so far

But the toon played in a way ive not seen in so long its unreal
    The team has been transformed in a way far beyond the current set up

Somethings up and they know it

• WWSBRD

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:19 PM

Might I offer an alternative view on our transfer work.

Ashley is buying proven PL players because he cant gamble now, he cant afford to yoyo, PL money is dropping (in fact being actively recovered from him) and his wealth comes from High Street retail which is dying due to covid…fella cant afford to lose value in his biggest asset which is up for sale

Minimal to do with Saudis other than he needs a PL club to sell for 300mill imo

• Just a fan

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:19 PM

Toon22 you’ve changed your tune or was that toon.
    See how I did that.
    Bit of humour don’t mention he who must not be mentioned beginning with m

• Mund

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:22 PM

magicmac

I’m at peace mate with it all. I’m in a good place and that’s not a bad thing my mate

• Munster Mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:22 PM

Colchester has a reputation for being a bit rough I think Carltoon!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:23 PM

Colchester or Camulodunum as it was known to the Romans was a major Roman town although Boudicca gave it a right going over.

• Mund

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:25 PM

That’s my feeling. Not overnight but will be done

• Munster Mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Mund what’s the name of that guy, Grimley or something?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:28 PM

Munster

Not as far as I know, every town has it’s rough spots but Colchester has never struck me as being a bit rough, certainly not during the day.

Used to be a major Army town so it might have got a rep from that time but not much of an army presence anymore!

• phy

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:28 PM

Purely speculation here but maybe just maybe all the mentions of “owners” is not accidental. It could be one of 3 reasons I can think of
    1)FCB has started using the “Royal We” to add to his already huge ego
    2)Someone has taken a stake in the club already.
    3) It’s simply mind games. By constantly talking as if the deal is done or merely a foregone conclusion, people will subconsciously accept it and therefore less resistance and an easier transaction.

Personally I fall somewhere between 1 and 3 but would hope 2 is in the melting pot.

• Munster Mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:29 PM

Essexwas just about to write same!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:30 PM

TV time, later!

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:30 PM

Mund you have enough to worry about with Jane looking to knock you out ha ha ha ha.

• Munster Mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:32 PM

I remember living in the UK, certain towns had a bad name, Lincoln was another. I probably saw Colchester on Essex police on sky 🙂

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Munster Mag, Hi Munster i see Leinster give Ulster a bit of a mauling in the final in Dublin last night.

• Cathedral on the hill

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:36 PM

Gothmog

Certainly is, thought I was a shoe in with Kane, Davies and alli today, but as they’ve ballsed it right up for me it’s all on havertz now. Think a goal will do it for me though.

• martoon

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:38 PM

Evening all – Thanks to everybody who took part in this year’s prediction game – a very impressive 107 posters took part which kept me out of mischief for a while :mrgreen:

I’ve ran some stats on the figures and using mean/mode we get an average of:
    11th in the league with 49 points reaching the 5th round of both FA & League Cups. Top Goal Scorer with a massive 86% is Wilson with an average of 13 goals followed by Almiron with 6.5% and then Carroll with 3.7%. Player of the Season is Saint-Maximin, again, with a massive 61.7% followed by Fraser with 11.2% and then Wilson & Almiron with 6.5%.

Finally this was for a bit of fun but the vast majority, with 81.3%, thought Bruce will still be the manager at end of the season followed by Pochettino & Howe with 6.5%.

I have found in previous years that the averages have not been far away from the actual ones especially League Position & Points – let’s see this year!

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:39 PM

Cathedral

Yeah i reckon he is likely to even just get an assist which will give you the W.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:40 PM

I see we are now 3rd in the league. Rafa never let us drop from 2nd to 3rd.

Bruce out.

• Mund

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:41 PM

Martoon

Fantastic work as always I really appreciate it mate brilliant effort

• Munster Mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:42 PM

Magic, leinster are unreal. They have the best rugby schools and apparently our best rugby schools can compete with new Zealand. It says a lot for Irish sport at that level. Still, leinster didn’t beat the all blacks, Munster did! 🙂

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:54 PM

Munster Mag, now who can forget that famous win for Munster against the All Blacks folklore at its best Munster.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:54 PM

Great 3 points for 1st game of season, been a while that.

Went for Wilson MoM, filled the void perfectly up top, also been a while that!

Hendrick came into the game more in 2nd half, can’t argue with a goal and assist on your debut.

Lewis was impressive, looks like he has a bright future.

And big Andy played his part, and for 88 minutes!

West Ham look in bother already with there upcoming fixtures, I feel a few quid on Moyes to be 1st out the door.

• Pit yacker

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:59 PM

Top man martoon, thanks for pulling that together – nice to be able to watch MOTD without swearing

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:01 PM

I watched the Tottenham v Everton game today and was very impressed with Everton i think they will have a good season, Tottenham looked very poor and no passion or desire, ill be surprised if Mourinho is still manager at the end of the season, not so special anymore.

• JohnReese

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:02 PM

Introduced the boys to a few John Hughes movies tonight. My wife hates them so it’s nice to have someone to watch them with again!

• carltoon

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Thanks for the info on Colchester, only going for a couple of days then heading home. Been really nice weather, went into Norwich yesterday was very nice. Ah! Bill that’s a shame your going away. Could have met up for a pint. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:11 PM

carltoon,
    Norwich is a lovely little city, I worked there and flew out of there for many years so have very fond memories of the place.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:11 PM

magic,

Yeah watched mate, Kane didn’t look too happy with the lack of supply.
    Might have to swap him out my fantasy team!

• Uncertain Toon/World

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:15 PM

Extra fingers and toes the Norwich folk, at least that’s what a bloke from Ipswich told me!

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:17 PM

Uncertain Toon World, talking about Kane your correct he didnt look happy with the lack of supply and possibly the lack of effort so my guess is this will be his last season at tottenham also Toon World

• magicmac54

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:19 PM

Ok guys time for bed up early for work in the morning, keep safe everyone. Nite Nite

• Munster Mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Any takers on that appointee, grimthorpe or something? Is that true etc?

• Uncertain Toon/World

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:25 PM

magic,

I agree pal, he’ll probably still get 15 goals ish this season, but he must know he’d treble that number at the likes of Real Madrid.

Think he’s 27 ish now, must be thinking decision time this season.
    Spurs probably need to punt him shortly as well to make good money on him.

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:53 PM

EGB
    If your about

I checked out Leo Moracchioli

Must say I do like his cover versions 🙂

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:58 PM

martoon

Thank you for taking the time to do the prediction game 🙂

Much appreciated bud 😉