web analytics

Steve Bruce Can Make Many Changes Tomorrow Night – And The Side Remains A Strong One

Games will be coming quick and fast this season, since it still needs to end on 23rd May after a late start.

The season kicked off about a month later than it usually does, because of the coronavirus pandemic, and the late finish to last season.

We got off to a terrific start on Saturday, with a very convincing 2-0 win at West Ham, but we still expect Bruce to change that side for tomorrow night’s game at home to Blackburn in the 2nd round of the League Cup.

Players like Gillespie, Krafth, Clark, Dummett (if fit), Longstaff (S), Ritchie, Almiron, new signing Fraser, and Joelinton could all start tomorrow night.

And the team would be almost as strong as the one Bruce played on Saturday, which shows the extra depth we have this season over last season.

Steve Bruce – will field strong side tomorrow night

Here is Neil’s team for tomorrow night and it’s a strong one:

This is some of what an upbeat Newcastle manager Steve Bruce said about tomorrow night’s game during his press conference this morning.

“We’ll take the League Cup seriously but we’re playing a lot more games together.”

“We have a squad, now. We had seven on the bench who would have got in the team last year.”

“I will make changes but I expect, with our strength, for us to get through.”

Results are everything in football, and we must try to go through to the next round tomorrow night, a defeat would be unacceptable after Saturday’s great performance.

Over 85% think we will win this game, so a defeat would not be good, and that’s an understatement.

There’s also a very decent chance we can have long runs in both local cups this season.

Maybe even win something this season.

Nah, I’m getting carried away again.

🙂

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Blackburn In The Carabao Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:06 PM

Some misleading stuff around about these barristers. The below is from the Chronicle

“The pair must now get right into the nitty-gritty of Ashley vs the Premier League.”

That’s not exactly true – barristers are trial lawyers, it’s the solicitors who will build the case, with some input and guidance from the barristers as to what will work in court. In this case, it’s Ashley’s retained lawyers at Dentons who will do / are doing / have already done the heavy lifting.

They will provide the dossier to the two barristers who will then prepare it and present it in court, should it get that far.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:06 PM

Lesh @59…………. Refusing to allow the takeover to progress is the same as a knock back as you rightly point out. Ashley won’t be phooked about when he needs something and he’s shown more than enough patience now.
    The threat of the big guns and all the negative exposure attached to this being played out in public might just do the trick. Let’s hope.

• Darnik

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:07 PM

Get in and saiss more points lol

• GhostToon

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:07 PM

Jiminez get in there! Some more points for my FF.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:07 PM

2-0 already

• hexhamtoon

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:08 PM

Ramsdale in for a busy time I think

• hexhamtoon

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:09 PM

Sheff 0 Wolves 2
    6 minutes

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:10 PM

What does it matter when it was posted? Some don’t catch up with the blog and just log on. I post plenty that gets reposted later by others, it don’t matter.

• hexhamtoon

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:11 PM

Wolves already 4th
    Could be top by the final whistle

• JohnReese

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:11 PM

I wonder if Sheffield’s bubble is gonna burst this season. Can’t believe they’re kicking off a new season with Billy Sharp leading the line. He’s never been good enough for the prem, let alone at his age now. (Watch him score tonight)

• Romford mag

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:12 PM

204th in the league , get in 😆

Gonna be a very long season me thinks 😉

• WWSBRD

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:12 PM

GhostToon
    Hes not a player I have seen if I am honest. What type of player is he?

I’d be alright with out CM options if they remain the same. I want to see more of the Longstaffs and Barlaser will hopefully get a chance to break through. Hayden, Shelvey and Hendrick above that

• Ron Knee

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:12 PM

Barristers do plenty of preparation, not just solicitors.

• WWSBRD

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:14 PM

Mund
    Was that in relation to me saying it’s from ages ago? My point was it’s from May

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:18 PM

My bad I apologise I saw it wrong.

• Darnik

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:18 PM

Busss…

• JohnJ

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM

As I see it this where I we stand with players at the moment.

As things stand these are the squad numbers given this season but Bruce can only name a 25 man squad plus any players who are under 21.
    Some on the list will be going to a new club or loaned out soon.

Not quite sure that Gayle will make the 25 being injured

Squad Numbers before names.

Keepers (3 + 1)

1 Martin Dúbravka
    26 Karl Darlow
    29 Mark Gillespie
    41 Dan Langley (under 21)

Defenders (8)

2 Ciaran Clark
    3 Paul Dummett
    5 Fabian Schär
    6 Jamaal Lascelles
    15 Jamal Lewis
    17 Emil Krafth
    18 Federico Fernández
    19 Javier Manquillo

Midfielders (11 +1)

4 Matty Longstaff (Under 21)
    8 Jonjo Shelvey

7 Andy Carroll
    9 Joelinton
    13 Callum Wilson

If I’ve done mu sums right that’s a 25 man squad plus 2 under 21’s

Missing out will be:-

20 Florian Lejeune Out on Loan
    22 DeAndre Yedlin Leaving?
    30 Christian Atsu Leaving?

27 Yoshinori Muto Leaving?
    12 Dwight Gayle Injured!