web analytics



Bruce Makes Six Changes In Our Predicted Team For Blackburn



This is the starting eleven we predict Steve Bruce will name for Blackburn tomorrow. It has six changes from the win at West Ham.

In this team, Bruce has all five new signings on the pitch at the same time. It would be debuts for Ryan Fraser and Mark Gillespie. With Karl Darlow taking the helm for league matches, Gillespie is likely to get the nod tomorrow. Bruce has already confirmed Fraser will play.

Ciaran Clark was the other Magpie Bruce stated would start during his press conference. So he teams up with Newcastle iron man Federico Fernandez at the back. Jamal Lewis gets a second straight start at left-back with Emil Krafth making his first appearance of the new season on the right.

Isaac Hayden teams up with Jeff Hendrick in the middle. Hendrick was out wide on Saturday but could get a chance to show what he’s got in his natural position. With Matty Longstaff still struggling with a thigh problem, Hayden gets the call once again.

It’ll be very interesting to see which attackers Bruce names tomorrow. He’s already said Fraser will make his debut so we have him on the right. It’s a tough call for the other three positions.


Both Sean Longstaff and Miguel Almiron didn’t start at the weekend so we have to believe Bruce will want them involved. Longstaff played his best football last season as a number 10.

Getting off to a good start will be crucial for Sean’s confidence. So we have Longstaff in the middle and Almiron out on the left. Bruce generally doesn’t play Almiron there but he did very well on the left under Rafa Benitez.

Bruce will likely rest Andy Carroll and that could also be the case for Allan Saint-Maximin. We don’t have Matt Ritchie in the team but it wouldn’t surprise us if he was involved. However, he’s had a calf problem so could be rested as well.

Up top, it’s Callum Wilson once again leaving Joelinton on the bench for a second straight match. Right now there’s just no room for the Brazilian. He’ll get his opportunity at some point but Bruce needs to field as strong a side as possible to get past Blackburn.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Blackburn In The Carabao Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

108 comments so far

  • Mund

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:08 PM

    Comment #1

    PIF won’t say a word until they have written assurances the deal will be approved but have said to the consortium when they pulled out, we will leave you to it come back if and when you have progress.

    1
  • Dondatta13

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:12 PM

    Comment #2

    Lets all remember the portrade comments of “The PIF/Rubens/PCP will come back IF THEY WERE GIVEN GUARANTEES THAT THEY WILL PASS THE O&D TEST”…

    Well, this is Ashley going about getting the aforementioned guarantee.

    2
  • Dondatta13

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:15 PM

    Comment #3

    portrayed*

    0
  • hexhamtoon

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:16 PM

    Comment #4

    I don’t think Wilson will be risked tomorrow

    12
  • RobLeenio

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:22 PM

    Comment #5

    We might see both Lobbies tomorrow evening.

    Rest Hayden and Shelvey, I think we’ll maybe see a 3-5-1-1 and it’s possible to do it with a complete line-up featuring players who didn’t start on Saturday

    Darlow

    Krafth—-Clark—-Dummett

    Atsu—-Longstaff S—–Longstaff M—–Barlaser—-Frazer

    Almiron

    Joelinton

    Not the most likely line-up, granted, but I think it could win and save the legs of the players who started vs Wet Spam.

    2
  • RobLeenio

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:26 PM

    Comment #6

    Ah, meant to stick Gillespie on in place of Dummett. Oops!

    0
  • WWSBRD

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:27 PM

    Comment #7

    Saudis never went away imo they just went behind the scenes (as they should of been the entire time). I think the proposed buyers were either naive or arrogant in the beginning to be honest but that seems to of been remedied now

    Ashley legal move is aimed at pushing through the sale and might well succeed but PL have lawyers too and they have good reason to not want the Saudis in so time will

    2
  • hexhamtoon

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:27 PM

    Comment #8

    Darlow even

    4
  • hexhamtoon

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:30 PM

    Comment #9

    It now seems likely that the poster (can’t recall) who suspected Qatar of being behind the leak to the WSJ etc was bang on the money.

    5
  • Adamn_92

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:35 PM

    Comment #10

    I think one thing which we should remember as well is Steve Bruce over the weekend said that the takeover is dead. Mike Ashley has been in and around the place more recently, sitting down with Bruce and the players. I can’t imagine that the takeover didn’t come up or be discussed, meaning i’d find it very hard to believe that Bruce hasn’t been clued in as to what’s going on. So either Bruce is lying to try and keep it low key before going to court, or he’s been told by Ashley that regardless of the court case, the takeover isn’t happening.

    I strongly hope this legal action leads to the takeover, but just find it strange how in the span of 24 hours, Bruce says the takeover is dead and Ashley/Newcastle released their statement.

    3
  • Mund

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:39 PM

    Comment #11

    Hex

    A few of us said that and isn’t hard to work out seeing as they have been the thorn in the side of this deal since the off

    3
  • kimbo

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:41 PM

    Comment #12

    Ashley will get an out of court settlement from the EPL which will go straight into his pocket. I think he will get minimum of £100M.

    2
  • Mund

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:41 PM

    Comment #13

    Bruce knew nothing about the takeover and was in the dark during the process, so why would now be any different.

    6
  • WWSBRD

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM

    Comment #14

    Bruce is like all managers at Newcastle, hes a lightning rod to be used as and when

    10
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM

    Comment #15

    I’m honest to gawd fed up to the back teeth of takeover talk. It’s doing my napper in.

    3
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:45 PM

    Comment #16

    Mund,
    You seem to know an awful lot about……everything!

    8
  • Tsunki

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:47 PM

    Comment #17

    The intrigue. The mystery.

    “a feint within a feint within a feint…seemingly without end. The task is to unravel it.” – Duke Leito Atreides, Dune.

    🙂

    4
  • Tsunki

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM

    Comment #18

    Jail I just wouldn’t ask him about his rainbow unicorn collection I think I hit a nerve there but got away with it. 🙂

    5
  • WWSBRD

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM

    Comment #19

    JfA
    Right there with you fella

    I want Ashley gone but this takeover is a a shambles

    0
  • Pit yacker

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:51 PM

    Comment #20

    If the takeover goes through due to Ashley ‘flexing his muscles’ I will stop saying horrible things about him and hire his personal trainer 🙂

    1
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:52 PM

    Comment #21

    Well you’re still posting anyhow……for now!

    2
  • Adamn_92

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:53 PM

    Comment #22

    I just think given that Mike Ashley has been more present lately and been seeing Bruce and the players, it would be naive to think that the takeover wasn’t talked about. Especially given how public the whole thing is by this point. Mike Ashley can’t exactly stick his fingers and go ‘la la la la la’ whenever Bruce or a player would ask him what was going on. Would also make no sense for him to say it’s dead, then release a statement and take the league to court. If the consortium is working in cahoots with Ashley over signings like some have suggested, then Bruce would also be aware of this, as he said he’s had various meetings with Mike and Lee to discuss transfers.

    Think about it, we make 3 decent signings quickly, Ashley visits the training ground, takes everyone for a meal, makes a statement, attends the West Ham game and is generally around atm. Do you honestly think he hasn’t at the very least clued in Bruce and Lee about what’s going to happen regarding taking the league to court and the takeover hope?

    I’m not saying he knows 100% what’s happening, but he knows a fair bit and won’t let on that he does. More than likely he’s been told to say it’s dead whilst it gets settled out in court.

    4
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:53 PM

    Comment #23

    Pit yacker,
    I might even change my stance of not weeing on him if I ever encountered him engulfed in flames somewhere.

    2
  • Adamn_92

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:54 PM

    Comment #24

    *stick his fingers in his ears

    0
  • IrishRob

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:54 PM

    Comment #25

    I dont think the WSJ would report on it unless it came from any of the 4 parties involved.

    The reason the are so accurate and reliable is because they dont just go on what somone outside of a deal tells them.

    2
  • Lindisfarne

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:54 PM

    Comment #26

    Think Bruce will stick with 442, by hook or crowbar.

    0
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:54 PM

    Comment #27

    Mike and Lee???

    1
  • IrishRob

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:55 PM

    Comment #28

    I meant 5 parties involved.

    0
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 2:57 PM

    Comment #29

    Steve isn’t allowed to talk to Mike. Steve has to ask Lee first who then repeats the question to Mike allowing for any censorship, even if Steve is standing there with them.

    7
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:01 PM

    Comment #30

    Steve to Mike via Lee: I’d like to sign three players this window.
    Lee to Mike on behalf of Steve: He wants to sell three players this window.

    7
  • hexhamtoon

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:02 PM

    Comment #31
  • Jail for Ashley

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:04 PM

    Comment #32

    So what’s that got to do with Saudi.

    1
  • hexhamtoon

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:06 PM

    Comment #33

    Same royal family they’re cousins

    1
  • giimps

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM

    Comment #34

    The takeover is like “fight club” and nobody talks about “fight club”.
    Even if the pl have the best lawyers , they have blocked the takeover due to outside influences which is against their own rules, they offered arbitration which is against their own rules and have received all the information and assurances from the buyers yet still not passed it due to a lawyers opinion , but why would that even matter ?
    The whole reason for the owners and directors test is to stop a Portsmouth or Bury situation or to prevent the game being brought in to disrepute ,something the pl have been proven to do all through this process

    12
  • Romford mag

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:14 PM

    Comment #35
  • HpoolMag

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:15 PM

    Comment #36

    Amazing how many legal experts post in here. Some have been spouting the same stories for months. The takeover is dead but as with every other time fat lad likes to drag it out

    6
  • hexhamtoon

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:21 PM

    Comment #37

    Romford if you translate the Arabic it says

    Saudi based journalist. This is an account for hunting Spaka Toon fans.

    6
  • beermonkey

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:23 PM

    Comment #38

    Does anyone know if we will be on tv tomoz

    0
  • scott

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:24 PM

    Comment #39

    Romford

    I noticed in the tweet you linked cptn amerimag had commented on it

    I miss that positive guy!

    We need his bus back asap!

    2
  • Romford mag

    Sep 14, 2020 at 3:25 PM

    Comment #40

    Hex

    Thought it was b.s mate , but thought I’d post anyway 🙂

    1


You must log in to post a comment.