web analytics

Two Magpies Named, Ashley Takes Big Step, And Bruce’s Vision Is Becoming Clear – Today’s News Roundup

Steve Bruce names a couple of Magpies who will start against Blackburn, Mike Ashley hires a prominent law firm to fight the Premier League over stalled takeover, and Bruce’s desire for his final squad is starting to take shape.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• This predicted side for Blackburn has six changes with starts for all five new boys.
  • Steve Bruce talks about the squad’s strength in depth ahead of the Carabao Cup match against Blackburn.
  • Newcastle could have room for two more incomings should Bruce successfully offload his fringe players.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Blackburn In The Carabao Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:49 PM

GP

Been awful hasn’t he

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:49 PM

I lived in Praha for several years. Dubs was the Sparta Praha reserve keeper/ How did he get scouted? And obviously a good goalie. Saw him play a few times in Praha. Slovakian, not a Cz, but they all get on

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:51 PM

Ron,
    Hardly been on and hardly seen the posts, so no idea mate. Possibly me jumping in without knowing, but a blog full of discussion and disagreements without the bickering and going too far would be lovely.

Possibly as likely as Peter’s hope of Dubs not habing to make a save all season!!

• coming home

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:52 PM

Jail
    Lighten up man
    Let’s not get in to slagging posters off
    Give posters the rope if they hang them self then you never helped

Banta is king

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:52 PM

I mean really? How did we scout him????????

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:55 PM

I watched him in goal for Sparta and no..no no no way was he a premier league goalie. Probably explains why I am not a scout.

Great goalie for the toon

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:55 PM

I very much doubt there is an Arabic translation for that particular word Mund.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:56 PM

Coming home,
    Of course we do. But, there are still lines. And there is a place and a time. Stuff you and your mates might all be happy with and laugh at in the pub isn’t neccessarily acceptable on a blog where you have no idea how other peoples lives are affected by whatever it is you are joking about.

Lots of posters have crossed the line. Most who have, have been given a second, third, fourth chance. Jib has been given more than most.

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:59 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Well it could mean no goals against…. or… no I do not want to think about that.

Best start to a season we have had for a long long time, Seagulls at home…. get another 3 and we can go on holiday

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:59 PM

Mund

havertz is fine, its juts i am 3 points ahead of Cathedral on the Hill and he has Havertz!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:00 PM

Peter,
    Whether Srnicek was involved in his move to us, I am not sure, but Srnicek tried to sign him a few times when he was a goalkeeping coach, but never succeeded. Srnicek did tell him he was good enough to play in the Premier league.

They are still in touch, and I don’t think it would be a huge leap to think there have been whispers in ears to get people to take a look.

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:01 PM

Goth… I am using Europcar

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:03 PM

Promised myself I wasn’t going to do it this year but I done a rage transfer before the GW is even over. Dele Alli is no more. Doesn’t bode well for him if he’s getting hooked at half time when he wasn’t even playing that bad.

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:03 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Good point, it may well have been. Good point

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Jail

GP tweeted the same thing warning fans about it. I helped by retweeting it. I know it’s not nice to read, it’s disgusting mate, just saying others are repeating it on twitter.

• swemag

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Despite the result, Brighton looking pretty good and dangerous. Should have been 2-2 instead of 1-3.
    Lamptey dangerous.

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM

GP

I have no doubt he will be a success mate just poor tonight. First game and all I just wanted a great show for some extra points lol

• Kevin Vegan

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM

Did anyone watch Havertz tonight? I was hoping to see his debut, followed him for a few years but I got roped into working and only just got home. Anyone know if he gave a good account of himself?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Peter,
    Best start, but also our easiest. Solid and promising, but there are plenty (pundits and neutrals) who would currently view Gold, Sullivan and Brady as worse owners than Ashley. They are in for a very long, and difficult season.

As for us, positive start. Lots of hard work to do day in, day out, before we start getting ahead of ourselves.

• coming home

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Lilongwe

Ok mate I get that
    But I like this blog because of the banta
    It makes it a good read
    I just think Jib contributes to the blog but gets a lot of shit for no apparent reason
    But even Jail makes the blog what it is

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM

GP

Just looked. Pretty tight game between the two of you there like

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:10 PM

KV,
    Okay, nothing to write home about. Looked a player who is ypung, in a new league, and not trained much with his team. Probably get abuse from some due to his price tag, but this will be from the same peoe who will be claiming they were first to say he was amazing once he settles and clicks.

• ctommo

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:13 PM

KV
    Havertz wasnt great tbh. Didn’t do much wrong, but not even close to our performance from Hendrick 😉

Brighton look a decent team. Playing some cracking stuff at times.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:17 PM

Mund

I think i edged it in the end, thought i was well out of it as he captained Salah and had 3 spurs players and Werner and Havertz to play but thanks to Jose and his lads, I may have pinched it jammily…

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:19 PM

Coming home,
    Jib has crossed the line a few times. People have long memories. He does offer good contributions, more than he oversteps, but when he oversteps it is often by a long way.

Sometimes it is too much the other way, and I would speak/have spoken up then, but more for the sake of the blog than defending anyone.

I should know better than offering my tuppence worth on this, regardless of my thoughts, things will continue as they have.

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:20 PM

lil,

I hope Dubs is still not chatting to Srnicek , He is a a little like a Norwegian Blue parrot.

Or a security officer on the Enterprise in a red shirt (a person you have never seen before) He is dead Jim says Bones

• Mund

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:20 PM

GP

Damn tight mate can’t say the same for me and Rom tho 😉

• JohnReese

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:21 PM

Can’t say I saw anything overly worrying from Chelsea in that game. Doesn’t look like Lampard has coached the defensive unit any more since last time out.

Spend all that money and still don’t address your most glaring weaknesses.

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:22 PM

Not seen game tonight, boss had it. How did Seagulls do?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Coming home,
    As for Jail, he is half the poster Raj of Hailsey was…

• coming home

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Lilongwe
    Ok mate but i’v never seen anything from Jib that has been bad
    Maybe i’v missed it
    If so I stand corrected
    But the blog needs diversity in my opinion

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:23 PM

ok ok …i will google it 🙂

• peter5199

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:25 PM

did that. comfortable home win

• coming home

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Lilongwe
    Not sure bout that
    Jail is pretty Raj

• Romford mag

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Mund

Lol , keep it coming bud I can take it 😉

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:28 PM

Peter,
    Yep, my bad. Family and local connections still I think. Badly/stupidly worded and without thought.

My sister interviewed him at his home on the fancy estate at the bottom of Kenton Road/back of St Nics once, for a school project. Just a genuine and lovely bloke/family.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:29 PM

Cracking poster was raj!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:33 PM

Coming home,
    I’ve seen some, missed others. Banter, and differing opinion are great, I disagree with people often, but some things….

Anyway, enough of that…..

Do we need a centre half if we do offload Schaar? Who could we get? Holding looks to have played himself out of a loan.

Aside from that, a goalscorer or creator who scores would be my priority in the remaining window. Probably the latter who can play wide or central.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Jail,
    Haha, he was, knew his onions.

Not sure how many heads that comment will have sailed over, but at least someone got it!

• coming home

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:37 PM

Lilongwe

No we keep shcar 100%
    But the Saudis are coming so best wait and we will get the best of the best by end of season