web analytics

Two Magpies Named, Ashley Takes Big Step, And Bruce’s Vision Is Becoming Clear – Today’s News Roundup

Steve Bruce names a couple of Magpies who will start against Blackburn, Mike Ashley hires a prominent law firm to fight the Premier League over stalled takeover, and Bruce’s desire for his final squad is starting to take shape.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• This predicted side for Blackburn has six changes with starts for all five new boys.
  • Steve Bruce talks about the squad’s strength in depth ahead of the Carabao Cup match against Blackburn.
  • Newcastle could have room for two more incomings should Bruce successfully offload his fringe players.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Blackburn In The Carabao Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:18 AM

On your logic you should love trump.

Success in business TV and preisedent.

Of course based on results, not the person

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:20 AM

Lee

Did you point that out under Rafa?

We could all tell who Rafa would sub and when.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:20 AM

Catchy,
    You never mention Schteve because of the deep rooted embarrassment your unequivocal support of the man caused you. I think you disappeared for around six months after realising the guy was a complete clown.

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:22 AM

All the time with Bruce, its a positive followed straight away with a negative.

Wow, the sheer hypocrisy and double standards.

• t hibbitt

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:27 AM

i think i’ll go and watch the grass grow,
    i’m bored to tears with this thread,

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:27 AM

catchy,
    Rafa is gone. Let’s see how Brucie does, hopefully he can keep us up until his fat boss manages to sell us.

• Tsunki

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:28 AM

Catchy. We used to have a multi-award winning manager. Now he’s gone. We now have a bang average non-award-winning coach who has plied much of his trade in a lower league but we are stuck with him for the moment.

I think you need to focus less on past managers. You managed to shrug off your boy McClaren eventually so it shouldn’t be too hard to forget Rafa 😉

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:28 AM

Jail,

Are you kidding me.

Iv just said, I’m happy with my reasoning for and supporting any manager, I don’t get embarrassed because I asses the fact and can change my mind.

2 reasons why I go are, work, and end of season, I hate all the crap speculation, it’s all pointless, I dissappeared this time mainly for the takeover, way to much crap gets talked about.
    And work, I am quite busy a lot of the time, I’m aware that an electrician off shore gets a lot of time to sit around.

But I’m away 2 weeks and run a small 1 man business when I’m home.

• Tsunki

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:28 AM

Jail same thought better economy. 🙂

• Tsunki

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:29 AM

So Catchy, that neighbour of yours. Seems to have an easy life compared to you. What are you doing wrong? 🙂

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:30 AM

So if the take over goes through, none of you will ask to have Rafa back, because it all in the past.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Wow, comparing the achievements of Donald Trump and Rafa now, the man is clearly unhinged

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:31 AM

The easiest ball park way to judge a coach or manager is by comparing where the team finishes and the relative to the value of the squad.

I’d wager Dalian will finish one or two places higher than their squad value suggests they should.

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:34 AM

Tsunki,

If you think sitting in the house all day is a great life then sure.

I am very annoyed at the fact my taxes go to fund his lifestyle, whilst police funding, road repairs, schools get less and less every year.

In a good society, you help the weak and frail, you don’t reward laziness.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:34 AM

It’s funny how your work load seemed to tie in with Mclarens dismal results and Rafa’s club record equalling ones. You also seem to have a lot less on your plate when Brucie pulls a result out.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:35 AM

@Catchy

I did actually point out a few times about Rafa’s subs and negative tactics at times which you have also pointed out

There was times under Rafa we did play some great football to watch especially the tail end of his last season when Almiron was signed but never seen you praise any of that either?

But that’s it done with having the comparisons I am happy to move on this is now Bruce’s team hes had 3 transfer windows and 2 pre seasons and has been backed with his first choice targets (apparently) so no excuses can be made anymore!

I expect to see much better football than last season and a higher league placing!

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:35 AM

No, not the men, the results.

Huge diffence.

Your all about trophies and success

• mindshaft

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:37 AM

There’s actually a game tonight , surely fans should be discussing this rather than bollocks about Bruce etc … FFS , you’re boring the whole blog

• catchy in norway

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:41 AM

Eeeehhhhh

Lee

I never praised almirion. Hmmm now your making up lies.

Rafa did not make Almirion, he bought him.

And for all his running, I think he may have had 1 assist, no goals. In a full half season.

I loved that we had that outlet, but was it used correctly under Rafa.

Players fit into a team, it should not be about one player.

Right now, Bruce brought some excitement back.

West ham game was a breath of fresh air, on the front foot for the full game.

• NUFC_Stevo

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Anyone know where we can watch the game tonight?

• eggman

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:51 AM

re Brucie, saturday will be a good yardstick, last season 0-0 we had under 30% possession against them. Will be interesting to see if this has been addressed.
    Indeed in the away gameit was about 62:38 also in BHA favour.
    Possession isnt everything but to impose on a game it cant be under 40% imo.
    Im expecting us to be over 40% possession in games this season,