web analytics

Steve Bruce’s Press Conference For Blackburn Carabao Cup Tie – Video

Here’s what Steve Bruce had to say yesterday about Newcastle’s Carabao Cup tie against Blackburn Rovers tonight – in the 2nd round.

We should be able to get through this tie, but nothing is ever certain, but we look for a good performance from a team that will probably show about six changes from Saturday’s lineup.

We should see players like Gillespie, Krafth, Longstaff (S), Ritchie, Joelinton, Almiron and Clark in the starting lineup tonight.

Some good stuff there from the Newcastle manager.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Blackburn In The Carabao Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Davas28

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Haven’t commented on our signings before so:
    I liked what I saw of the 3 new signings considering it was the first game of the season and with a new team. I missed the 2nd half due to a mess up in timings on my take away 🙁 so only saw the 1st half and highlights on MOTD.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the pace of Wilson. I don’t watch much football these days other than us as I can’t stand the commentators/pundits so didn’t know what to expect but I also thought he looked confident and got into great positions.
    Thought Hendrick did really well overall and liked the way he was getting into good positions in their box.
    Lewis also looked confident, always made himself available and was quick to get back when WH broke.

• Ron Knee

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:37 AM

You could turn the sound off.

• RobLeenio

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Dr Ed from previous, pretty sure the pundit you’re quoting is Garth Crooks, whereas Garth brooks is a country and Western singer.

😉

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Be interesting to see how Armstrong has developed there were rumours Bruce wanted to sign him this summer earlier in the window

Saw him a few times last season and he doesn’t look like a lost little boy that he did with us matured a fair bit

Dack I quite like the look of still young enough that he could also be good for a premier league team

• RobLeenio

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Looking forward to a fast moving, open match against an attractive Blackburn team tonight. It’s well within our capability to win, but Blackburn could spring a surprise.

Banana skin of a tie.

• RobLeenio

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Lcbp, we could potentially still be in for Arma, but I imagine that the price won’t be small.

If he does well tonight, the fairy tale could be on.