web analytics

Big Improvement Needed, Winger Hopes For Spurs Chance, And Injury Update Is Mixed – Today’s News Roundup

Steve Bruce expects a big improvement from last week’s display against Brighton against Spurs, Jacob Murphy hopes he has forced his way into Bruce’s first-team thinking, and the injury update sees another name added but is encouraging overall.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:13 PM

Munster why do you do it??

Bruce is our manager now not Rafa and Bruce sprouts this nonsense all the time.

Even tho what you say is true RAFA ISNT OUR MANAGER!!!

• The Ledge

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM

Munster on previous will you ever go cop yourself on and stop acting like a buffoon.
    I’m talking about our current manager not an ex one who a this current time i couldn’t give a toss what he says or has said .
    Cop on to yourself you coming across like a right eejit.

• The Ledge

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM

And dont bother replying to me munster if it involves our ex manager I dont want to hear it so go talk to Catchy about it .

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:21 PM

Hoping to get some new underwear for Christmas. …

Got holes in the knees of these ones

• Just a fan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Regan
    I usually like your patter but don’t get that one.

• Munster Mag

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:28 PM

So you knock a guy for saying the same stupid comment as his predecessor? And I’ll wager you said sod all then.

Cop the f*k on yourself Ledge

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:28 PM

I see it now which i didn’t see before. As soon as we give Bruce any stick he pulls the Rafa card.

Rafa is gone, not forgotten but is gone.

Footin crazy that we have to deal with posters bringing past managers into the fray when we have frustrations and criticism for the current boss.

• beermonkey

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Munter and co

They love talkin Rafa on .co.uk
    Can’t you take your fair and balanced chat over there

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Got to be of a certain age jaffa. ..

It’s how us old ones used to wear them lad

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:30 PM

Munster leave it out fella I mean wtf why? Like really mate, why?

• The Ledge

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:31 PM

Whatever munster go play with catchy .

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:32 PM

Ledge he is hard to get hold of tho…I’ll get me coat

• The Ledge

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:34 PM

Mund …..thats a good un lmao.

• toon22

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:36 PM

Mike Ashley’s MASH Holdings operating profits hit £178m

Wheres the money gone ?
    Apparently we are less than 5% of his companies but 20% of the profits

• Assassins Inc

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:41 PM

Did someone mention Rafa, who is this Rafa fella, sounds familiar, can’t put my finger on it, does he have something to do with Newcastle United?
    Is he the new manager, I thought cabbage head was the new manager doing it his way?
    Well C/Head you have new players, you’re letting some leave so it’s now your team, no more excuses, this is your team now, let’s see some dream football and not nightmares.

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:45 PM

I was always a Leonardo fan…

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:45 PM

Tonight Mathew..I’m gonna be….

Leathered

• JohnReese

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:46 PM

Turns out being an agent might be a slightly more time consuming job than I’ve ever given it credit for. Spent the better part of today and yesterday sorting out where all these lads are going for their trials. Sadly I don’t envisage any Riola levels of pay coming my way either..

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:47 PM

Regan

Bring out the gimp 😉

• magicmac54

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Regan when you get your new underwear for christmas, can i have your old underwear for christmas ha ha ha ha ha

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:50 PM

Mund. ..
    Good idea mate..
    Least I get me ping pong ball back

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:52 PM

Magic my mate…
    They on ebay..
    99p at the minute

• Kevin Vegan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:52 PM

Toon22

“In the annual financial figures, which have now gone public today, it was revealed the company [MASH Holdings] also had £488million of cash in the accounts.”

Sounds like the money hasn’t really “gone” anywhere. It’s still just sitting there in Ashley’s back pocket.

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:55 PM

For our Irish friends

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:58 PM

BSIB,
    You got a heart from me for your comment on previous. Although I’m thinking of taking it back as I’m not sure in this day and age you can boast about being a ring master 🙄

• Munster Mag

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Mund, partly because I don’t like been slagged off by a few muppets on here for years on end about a very simple principle: every manager deserves critical appraisal, even by star struck put upon fans. The abuse I got for that simple logical principal says far more about the muppets than it does about me, believe it or not. So the reason for giving Bruce a bit credit is that the same muppets wudnt stop abusing the man, when he did a similar one season job to the man who couldn’t be criticised. I don’t love either man but I do like balanced analysis. So yes, I enjoyed the debates of the last couple of days.

However Mund, for you, I’ll sherrup, if the usual muppets do.

But they won’t, you’ll see fella.

• magicmac54

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Regan thats a real bargain only 99p on ebay at the minute, are they still available as i know they will go like hotcakes ha ha ha ha, as you know all the young ones like wearing jeans with holes in them, designer jeans, i think you might be on to something the new craze holy designer Regan underpants ha ha ha ha

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Good share ledge and is it to early for me to say #cans again??

I’m just waiting for everyone else to join in 😉

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:05 PM

People click on ledges link

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Magic..
    Got them for 2 shillings….
    But now I’ve worn them…
    They worth a fortune mate…
    Totally original.
    Never been washed

• jane

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Leeds have scored. i can see what Huddersfield are trying to do.

• Mund

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Munster that’s it be the bigger man and if your right it will be shown but respect mate

• jane

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM

lots of possession and pressing but will need to be very fit.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Tactics are a bit overrated in all fairness to Steve Bruce. It basically just means tweaking your approach against different opposition. But the game is generally the same for all sides, shape, width, pass and move into space to get it back, win the loose ball, possession, shut down the opposition etc. Teams work on these things all throughout the week, they do little else, and the team with the best players most often wins. That game against Brighton was mostly about Lamptey and ASM and the two early goals, putting their tails up and flattening ours. We need to be at it from the first whistle v Spurs, play with endeavor and discipline, no passengers.

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:09 PM

Ledge mate..
    Won’t let me in…
    What’s happening fella

• Optimistic prime

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:09 PM

Half the blogs living in Munsters head rent free.

• Assassins Inc

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Ledge, interesting link.

Hope something comes of it, would love to see Masters fired due to his complete and utter cock up with the takeover, then we get purchased and they offer money, a lot of money for tv rights helping out the league.

• Regan

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Is it worth me putting my bacardi away tonight mate

• coming home

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:12 PM

Might be a desperate thought
    But what if that 488 million cash in mash account includes 340 million from the Saudis

1 2 3 11