web analytics

Michael Owen Predicts Newcastle vs Manchester United Scoreline – He Could Be Right

Michael Owen has given his prediction for the game on Saturday at home to Manchester United – it’s a 1-1 draw.

He has played for both clubs in his career, and he says he thinks the game will end up as a 1-1 draw.

We’d be fairly happy if that happens.

The Red Devils defense is just awful, and they look so out of sorts this season, so our lads may be able to score some goals on Saturday.

On the other hand, the Red Devils do have some very good (and expensive) forwards, who can almost score at will.

So our defense must be at its very best at St. James’ Park for us to take something out of the game.

Goalkeeper Karl Darlow will be getting an extended stay in the first team, with Martin Dubravka having a setback in his recovery from an ankle injury, and he must be at his best tomorrow.

If we play as well as we did against Burnley, in the 3-1 win last time out, we could even win this fixture, for the second season running.

Here’s what Michael (shown above) has written in BetVictor today about the game:

“Newcastle will be more than happy with their start to their campaign.”

“A 3-1 victory at home to Burnley was a solid enough performance, and I think the Magpies will quietly fancy their chances here.”

“United come into this in disarray. The result against Tottenham won’t be forgotten quickly and I think it may take a few weeks yet for United to find their feet.”

“I’m going for a draw.”

We’d be happy with a draw, but we think, in the right frame of mind and with our players on song this Saturday in the late kickoff game, we can even win this game.

And in the early voting, the majority of Newcastle fans think we can win this game.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Was This A Good Summer Transfer Window For Newcastle?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• toonluvva

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:03 PM

I have us down for a draw in the blog poll. But there again I always tip us for a draw in case I unintentionally put the mockers on us.

• lochinvar

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:05 PM

Anyone stateside USA fancy trying to link up ( see bottom of article ) and ask a pointed question about the big six project …?

Maybe Neil or ED ?

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:10 PM

Corkypants

I’ve always been in the belief it will get done and it’s a matter of time not if mate. They went to far down the line to just walk away. A lot of time and money has went into this over the last 3 years so there was no way Staveley just accepted it and walked.

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:12 PM

Regards to Lawro being here. I always remembered how disgruntled he was here and why he left. The reason I remember reading was because we didn’t do defensive training lol always figured that’s why he always had a bee in his bonnet when talking about the toon.

• toonluvva

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:15 PM

@mund

I also had that feeling. It explained a lot to me about his attitude.

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:17 PM

toonluvva

Apparently it was non existent mate lmao no wonder he don’t like us he probably felt disrespected but everyone knows Keegan don’t do defending lol

• Optimistic prime

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:24 PM

What a odious toad Owen is, I’d quite happily never hear or read anything from him again.

• geordietom

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:26 PM

ED …

could you please take that picture of owen off …

• Not another deJong

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM

“That would be a nice box to tick.” John Carver revealling his coaching ambitions.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:55 PM

Ed speak for yourself, I wouldn’t be fairly happy if we can only get a draw with ManUre, I’d be fairly unhappy if we don’t beat them.

• DaveD1000

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:01 PM

I could quite happily twat Owen until both my arms went numb and dropped off

• cyprus

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:19 PM

I think we’ll do alright and get some chances.

Still, we’ll lose. 2-0.

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:35 PM

We will beat the dirty mancs this week and show who is that team called United

• Optimistic prime

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:38 PM

We were united before them

• magicmac54

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM

EGB, I totally agree with your comments, and i really dont agree when Ed says he would be fairly happy with a draw, always think positive and go out to win no matter who the opposition is, but ill very unhappy if Bruce sets our team up with everyone behind the ball and trying to fluke a draw. This is one match i dearly love to win every year as i simply detest Manure, and ive always detested them from i was very young, i have lots of friends and extended family members who support Manure, and they all know very very well how much i detest them and everything they stand for, and they know to not even mention thier name when they visit me if they know whats good for them ha ha ha ha

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM

OP

One day mate the world will see who the true United is. The world hasn’t even saw the mad Geordie black and white army go nuts at there maddest yet and what a sight that will be.

I’ve always said mate with the right backing we could rule the world and the Staveley led consortium is the perfect partnership to do that.

Then I’ll be like foot everyone who opposed us and all the crap that was flung at us for years because I won’t forget

• Regan

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:45 PM

Is it me….
    Or does Owens picture look like dicky masters….

Both tw@s anyway. .

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:46 PM

Regan I can’t look or listen to the lad it winds me right up hate the footer

• Regan

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:48 PM

Still got a picture near me font door to keep burglars away mund lad..

• jane

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:49 PM

“EGB, I totally agree with your comments, and i really dont agree when Ed says he would be fairly happy with a draw, always think positive and go out to win no matter who the opposition is”

should we vote that we will win every match in that case?

• Regan

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:49 PM

Think it was GT who told me that one…

And no ones broken in yet lol …

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:50 PM

Regan lmao

• Regan

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:52 PM

Caught wor lass drinking brake fluid…

I think its an addiction. ..

She says she can stop anytime…

• AncientC

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:53 PM

About the only good thing Owen did for Newcastle is get injured on international duty — the compensation paid for Obafemi Martins — a forward that actually cared about the club he played for.

It’s crazy to think Oba Martins is still playing (China)… it seems like he’s been in the game for generations.

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:53 PM

To think there was a time I really liked Owen with being an English fan and that who wouldn’t after his introduction into World Cup football with that amazing solo goal against Argentina and who would think it would take for him to come here as a player for all that to change.

I remember being absolutely buzzing about it at the time an all

• Great White Hunter

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Mund, Going back many moons,posts, I was always 100% certain Stavely & Co were going to buy the Toon, and I still am. Unfortunately Patience it all that matters at the moment, hopefully It will happen soon and lift the toon army to another level. Micheal Owen one of Newcastle worst buys, horrible, horrible man, never liked the toon and has proved it numerous times. Anyway, Newcastle 2 – Manchester 0, Wilson, ASM the scorers, Also a red card card to the devils……

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Jane why must you always play devils advocate?…

• lochinvar

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:55 PM

So NINE becomes NEIN

English Football League clubs have rejected the Premier League’s proposed £50m rescue package for League One and Two clubs, saying it “falls some way short” of the required amount.
    Top-flight clubs made the offer after deciding not to pursue Project Big Picture.
    On Wednesday, the Premier League said talks about how to help the Championship are ongoing.

The EFL said any settlement “must meet the requirements of all 72 clubs”.

• magicmac54

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Regan well spotted Owen does look like that imbecile Masters in the photo

• Mund

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:58 PM

Great white

It will happen in the foreseeable future and Newcastle United will be born into an new era my mate.

One thing we have all learnt a lot better in and that’s patience lol just a bit more required

• lesh

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:05 PM

Swlabr

A super wide-ranging revue of Lindly and his music but in Conservative Women?
    Has Lindley mellowed with age and become a closet Tory donor? I have visions of a group of Tory women, relaxing while off their trolleys listening to Lindley’s Kaleidoscope.

I wonder what Cooder, Jackson and Bonnie think – will he be allowed to share a stage with them at any Biden fund-raisers?
    Of course they will.

• jane

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:06 PM

“It will happen in the foreseeable future”

how long is the foreseeable future?

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:06 PM

I don’t quite get why Owen is so despised by some.

He scored 26 goals in 71 games for us and played a more withdrawn role in many. Not great, but not bad, and a ratio that although nowhere his time at Lpool wasw as good as he produced at RM.

True, he wanted to go to Lpool not us and he isn’t the most likeable of characters.

But in the scheme of things there have been far worse players and signings than him at NUFC.

• lesh

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:07 PM

lochinvar

The EFL seem to be a bit cocky since they got a sniff of Project Greed.

• Romford mag

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Evening all 🙂

• jane

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Owen seems a nice person to me.

• magicmac54

Oct 15, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Question to you Newcastle fans who live in the toon, ive heard many of you say wor lass, where does that saying come from, and is it a saying thats only relevant in the north east and particulary Newcastle?

• Regan