web analytics

No Interest In Fringe Four, An Update From Local Lad, And Young Defender Added – Today’s News Roundup

Steve Bruce was prescient during his press conference as Newcastle are unable to trim squad, Kelland Watts reveals all is going great so far with Plymouth Argyle, and Newcastle announce their final signing of the window in Bradley Cross.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Steve Bruce admits there isn’t much interest in Newcastle’s fringe quartet.
  • Newcastle’s injury update shows six unavailable for Saturday with three on the cusp of a return.
  • This behind the scenes figure has quietly helped Bruce build a good squad.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM

Roland Aarons was due to get his move to Huddersfield.
    But someone fecked up on the paperwork with the EFL so deal off.

Only at Newcastle still rings true.

• martoon

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:23 PM

I’ve just installed that ‘Watched’ program that Simon posted earlier – it seems pretty good but does anybody know which channel our game, tomorrow, will be on (it doesn’t seem to have PPV channels but presumably it will be on one of the other overseas channels).

• NY Mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:28 PM

Martoon,

It’s on Peacock in the US, but it’s a streaming only service – so I don’t know if that will be on your channel list.

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:31 PM

martoon

According to Bein sports TV guide , it’s on bein sports 2 hd 🙂

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:31 PM

Magic – sorry to hear about the 4 weeks off work bud.
    I hope you will be ok

• Darnik

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:32 PM

Martoon
    Premier sports according to fotmob

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:33 PM

FPL locked in b4 Salah price rise but apparently Vardy a doubt now.

Oh well, the dice are rolled and it’s down to the Gods now 🙂

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Lochinvar, Thats a great story mate and it worked for your good self ha ha ha ha, she might not have been blond but all these years later she is still your 1st lady and probably still turns heads, Bhonnie and Clyde wouldnt have a look in, who said romance was dead Lochinvar ha ha ha

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:35 PM

Can someone please have a look at the h2h league and tell me who I’m up against please , thank you in advance 🙂

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:38 PM

I’ve tried but it still showing when ASI whooped my butt 😉

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:46 PM

Asi Fish, Hello Asi, thanks so very much for your kind words of moral support, much appreciated, its only 4 weeks Asi, although with the very high rate of infaction in Northern Ireland i would not be surprised if it was more than 4 weeks, but ill get bye ok, hows things with you Asi, i seem to remember you have turned a corner and things are finally looking up for you fella, so happy days.

• martoon

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:49 PM

Romford mag & Darnik – cheers just checked you can both of them on Watched so should be OK – thanks guys.

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:49 PM

martoon

No worries bud 😉

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Hi magic – glad you are upbeat about it 🙂
    Keep safe & happy

Yeah I’m good thanks mate. Both kids surviving in school, new job to look forward to and breaking free of the Army.
    Normality here we come ha ha

Just need a Toon win tomorrow – really hope we smash Manure but maybe a stretch too far under Bruce as I don’t think he will go all out against them.

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:54 PM

Rom – scraped past ya with Son dragging me lol

I tried to check and failed

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:56 PM

Where are those two big beasts tonight Bills son and Jail perhaps they are having a few sneaky pints tonight in some pub thats staying open illegally against the restrictions ha ha ha ha

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:56 PM

Asi

Lol Stormed past me more like bud 😉

And thanks for trying mate 🙂

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:04 PM

Asi fish, so happy to hear everything on the up for you mate, it will be probably be quite different for you going from a life in the army to civilian life, but i can see you have already mastered it and your life is good for you now, and both your kids doing well at school, i love to hear good and positive stories about people as there is to much doom and gloom in this life. Asi it will be like winning the lotto if we can beat Manure tomorrow mate ha ha ha

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:08 PM

Rom – thumbs up thingy 🙂

• Uncertain Toon/World

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:09 PM

4-1 to the Toon, that is all.

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:09 PM

Magic – cheers mate. Happy days will be even happier with a win tomorrow…..and then a takeover 🙂

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:11 PM

Ghost

If your reading mate
    Just remember all work and no play
    Makes ghost a dull boy 😉

• Romford mag

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:12 PM

ASI

I’ll second that bud 😉

• Asi Fish

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:14 PM

Getting slapped around the ears by nettles rubbed in dog muck…..that’s what listening to Owen is like.

Predicting a draw. The fence sitting big picture supporting tiny wally!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:14 PM

Man U desperately need a Klopp or a Guardiola, but who doesn’t?

Solskjaer probably deserves the sack for his inability to get a consistent contribution out of Pogba alone. Klopp would love to have him in the Liverpool midfield.

In truth though there really aren’t that many managers around who could handle the Man U job.

Chelsea have Lampard, Arteta’s at Chelsea, they aren’t exactly Wenger or Mourinho from back in the day.

Ancelotti would have been a good fit for Man U, but you’d have to think even though there aren’t a lot of high calibre candidates for the job, Solskjaer is on. borrowed time.

It’s clearly a good time to play them, although they are still a remarkably talented group of players, and so very dangerous.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:16 PM

# Arteta’s at Arsenal

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:33 PM

Asi fish a win tomorrow then the takeover, i think your getting selfish now Asi ha ha ha, that would be like all our birthdays every day, in reference to the takeover ill just be in cloud nine if it happens, if it happens i have a feeling it could be next year, but sure who care if it takes another year as long as it happens mate.

• gggrrrr

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:37 PM

MagicMac – I don’t post here too often but I have to say you brighten up this blog no end. What a gentleman you are magicmac you make me laugh so much but you are a proper lad who cares about everybody magicmac. Respect mate and I hope everything goes ok for you across in the Emerald Isle. I’ll finish with a little laugh cos it’s what you Do you so well to cheer us up ha ha ha

• chancel be a fine thing

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:40 PM

I do think no crowds is evening out player quality as IMO part of what makes the great players is the ability to perform on the big stage and to feed off all the crowd energy rather than being intimidated by it.
    Like you hear of players being amazing in training but unable to bring it to the big stage.
    No crowds, but league match pressure being a middle stage as it were.
    Just a thought.

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:45 PM

gggrrr, Hi gggrrr, Thanks for the very nice comments, hows the world treating you fella, i hope you and your family are very well and safe. This blog is great so many different and interesting characters, i love a bit of craic and happiness, i guess all us daft Irish love a bit of craic as we say in Ireland ha ha ha, will you be watching the game tomorrow gggrrr?

• chancel be a fine thing

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:46 PM

I think any result is possible tomorrow, but my big fear is Fernandez as he represents that ability to find a way through deep defences. And under Brucie we get a lot of men behind the ball but seem to leave acres of space around opposition players and often fail to track runners.
    On the other hand we have the unpredictability of ASM and some quality players up front if selected. We will have chances I’m sure and if one of those goes in before ManU score…….

• magicmac54

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:56 PM

Ok folks i need my beauty sleep now, your probably thinking i need a very long sleep ha ha ha, catch up with you all tomorrow, take care and keep safe all good people nite nite.

• gggrrrr

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:05 AM

Hiya magicmac. Thank you for your kind thoughts. We are ok now thank you magicmac. Two of my sons tested positive for the virus but they cane through and all family are doing great. I’m retired now magicmac and so have time to killl. Can’t wait to come across to the Emerald Isle and fill myself full of Guinness ha ha ha. I Love the stuff so I do ha ha ha. Want to drive right up the west coast of Ireland and listen to nice tunes and drink copious amounts of the lovely black stuff. Magicmac I read a lot of books by roddy Doyle and Michael Curtin, the Cove Shivering Club is my favourite, so good luck to you and your family. Love you ha ha ha

• carltoon

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:12 AM

All you pirates need to walk the plank. Hoping for a good game tomorrow,

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:12 AM

I suppose most would think its either Hendrick, Fraser or Almiron, but to me I think its either Shelvey, Fraser or Almiron.

If Shelvey plays then you need Hayden and Hendrick alongside him doing the spadework, and if Fraser or Almiron play, you can have Hayden and Hendrick behind winning the ball and laying it off.

Personally, I like the look of this 11.

………………………Darlow.
    Manquillo….Lascelles…Fede……Lewis.
    ………………Hendrick….Hayden..
    …….Fraser………..Joel…………St Max.
    ……………………….Wilson.

• carltoon

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:14 AM

Can I down load it on my tablet?

• carltoon

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:40 AM

Ok I’ve downloaded that app. So I’ll be able to watch the game, am I a lady pirate. 🙂

• Unused Substitute

Oct 17, 2020 at 3:30 AM

Can’t wait to watch another battle of of two tactical genius. Bruce vs Solskjaer this time. Of Bielsa vs Guardiola sort. Rare celestial events these.